Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x1243

Shooting in Thornwood

81 posts in this topic

Maybe Obama will invite everyone down to the White House for a brew to talk it over.....

I think it was a few brews that helped this incident along to the tragedy it became...

I am increasingly disgusted with the way the media is portraying this guy as the victim in this case. The victims are the cops who were involved, end of story.

As for these so called " minority law enforcement groups" who are so concerned with this case, the majority of them are corrections officers who have no clue what it's like to be a street cop. They should be embarassed to have held that press conference and said the anti cop things that they said. It's funny how they come out of the wood work when a cop shoots someone but when gang members are killing each other and people are getting robbed, beaten, raped, burglarized and shot each and every day, they say nothing. These jerks are opportunists and nothing more. Everyone ran to back up this guys family and his friends version of what happened and now that his BAC is back at a .13 everyone is quieting down a bit. It kind of reminds me of the tawana brawley case all those years ago... everyone ran to her defense and just like the witnesses in this case, she was a LIAR.

I pray that our brothers are doing well as they try to come to terms with the actions that they were forced to take. These cops made the right decisions and did an outstanding job given the circumstances. Just think, you have a large crowd and an out of control drunk driver, if the officer didn't take the action he did, imagine what the outcome could have been if the car sped into the crowd. This cop not only did the right thing, he is a hero in my book.

These "Minority LE Groups" are Law Enforcement's version of the Vulcans!

I wonder what would happen if a group called "100 whites in law enforcement who care" was formed?

I wonder what would happen if a group called "100 whites in law enforcement who care" was formed?

Oh, no, you can't do that, that would be racist.

...While I'm at it, crime cop, that was a great post.

Edited by jack10562

Good Morning America had Henry's parents on Friday morning. THEY stated that they do not want this to be about race! They just want all the facts truthfully so they can put this horrible occurance in prespective and try as a family to get through it. The father said he does not want people coming forward with half truth's, lies etc. He just wants the truth period. However,the media has twisted and turned this horrible event. Its been days and days of media coverage. Now,God forbid if officer Hess was killed in the line last Sunday night there would have been coverage up to the day of the funneral and then the next day we all would have heard crickets on the story on the news. The media needs to stop reporting so the people who actualy know how to do a thourough and proper investigation can do there jobs and then lets all hear the true facts and not all this "possibilities".

Good Morning America had Henry's parents on Friday morning. THEY stated that they do not want this to be about race! They just want all the facts truthfully so they can put this horrible occurance in prespective and try as a family to get through it. The father said he does not want people coming forward with half truth's, lies etc. He just wants the truth period. However,the media has twisted and turned this horrible event. Its been days and days of media coverage. Now,God forbid if officer Hess was killed in the line last Sunday night there would have been coverage up to the day of the funneral and then the next day we all would have heard crickets on the story on the news. The media needs to stop reporting so the people who actualy know how to do a thourough and proper investigation can do there jobs and then lets all hear the true facts and not all this "possibilities".

Having worked in the media for over 35 years, I can tell you that as long as it continues to generate ratings and sell newspapers, its highly unlikely that the media is going to stop reporting.

Oh, no, you can't do that, that would be racist.

...While I'm at it, crime cop, that was a great post.

Thank You Jack!

I am increasingly disgusted with the way the media is portraying this guy as the victim in this case. The victims are the cops who were involved, end of story.

As for these so called " minority law enforcement groups" who are so concerned with this case, the majority of them are corrections officers who have no clue what it's like to be a street cop. They should be embarassed to have held that press conference and said the anti cop things that they said. It's funny how they come out of the wood work when a cop shoots someone but when gang members are killing each other and people are getting robbed, beaten, raped, burglarized and shot each and every day, they say nothing. These jerks are opportunists and nothing more. Everyone ran to back up this guys family and his friends version of what happened and now that his BAC is back at a .13 everyone is quieting down a bit. It kind of reminds me of the tawana brawley case all those years ago... everyone ran to her defense and just like the witnesses in this case, she was a LIAR.

I pray that our brothers are doing well as they try to come to terms with the actions that they were forced to take. These cops made the right decisions and did an outstanding job given the circumstances. Just think, you have a large crowd and an out of control drunk driver, if the officer didn't take the action he did, imagine what the outcome could have been if the car sped into the crowd. This cop not only did the right thing, he is a hero in my book.

it's just interesting that the day they release his BAC levels, the liberal media backs off almost immediately

our region desperately needs a right wing newspaper!

This absolutely kills me!!! Look at the tab title that LoHud has used to describe what happened. "Pace Slaying"... This rag has not one ounce of respect for LEO's.

post-163-0-10766300-1288969412.jpg

it's just interesting that the day they release his BAC levels, the liberal media backs off almost immediately

our region desperately needs a right wing newspaper!

How about one that just prints the truth?

ny10570 and prucha25 like this

How about one that just prints the truth?

They can't handle the truth

post-4072-0-69607100-1288995064.jpg

They being J.N.

Edited by Bnechis

Good Morning America had Henry's parents on Friday morning. THEY stated that they do not want this to be about race! They just want all the facts truthfully so they can put this horrible occurance in prespective and try as a family to get through it. The father said he does not want people coming forward with half truth's, lies etc. He just wants the truth period.

Well, I guess the search for the truth, much like OJ's search for the "real killers", is over...

Lawyer: Pace student killing was murder

WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. -- The police killing of a college football player was "nothing short of intentional murder," a lawyer for the student's family said Thursday as he renewed his demand for an independent prosecutor to investigate the off-campus shooting.

Attorney Michael Sussman's charge was an escalation of his previous comments on the Oct. 17 killing of 20-year-old Danroy "D.J." Henry. Witness accounts of the shooting have differed sharply, and a grand jury is investigating.

ESPN Story

These lawyers.... They don't understand the use of deadly force by police is sometimes justified.

All the hyperbole is to be expected.

According to the court case of Tennessee v. Garner, the use of deadly force is justified when an officer has probable cause to believe that an otherwise unarmed suspect, through his escape or means of escape, poses a significant threat of death or serious physical injury to the officer or others. (The court case also states that the instrument used to dispense the deadly force is of no consequence.) The totality of the circumstances in this case, as viewed through Garner, renders the entire issue moot. Danroy Henry was drunk and used his vehicle in a manner similar to that of any other perp with a weapon, and quite frankly, he and his buddy got what they deserved.

Edited by FFLieu

The damage to the car, as well as the injuries Officer Hess received, should be plenty of indication that the actions Hess took were warranted. If he didn't do what he did, who's to say that this vehicle wouldn't have hit someone else, plowed down a group of other people or continued on, got on the Saw Mill in the wrong direction and killed someone.

I can't wait for this to go away, with the officers involved being cleared of any wrong doing.

PFDRes47cue likes this

The rhetoric that is coming out from the lawyers and this guys family is ridiculous. The DA says that bonita zelman who is the attorney for the other players who were arrested that night called the lead detectives and said that unless the charges against her clients were dropped they wouldn't speak to investigators about the shooting. Zelman now denies this but i firmly believe this happened and the reason i believe this is that she is a low ball lawyer who saw dollar signs at the outset of this thing and figured that she could get her mug in front of the cameras and shame the DA's office into dropping the charges which isn't going to happen so now she is in way over her head and she is panicing and trying to make threats to get her clients out of trouble. If it can be proven that she made this statement then that is a matter for the NYS bar association to deal with as a possible misconduct issue.

The next topic is henry sr. who was on news 12 saying that the charges against the other players should be dropped because they were only trying to help his son ..... help his son how by breaking the window of a store ?? I don't remember ever reading about breaking a window out of anger as being a recognized part of first aid. The rest of the people were arrested for dis con/resisting, and I ask again, how was that trying to help dj henry. After the shooting dj henry was a prisoner of the police on scene which means that nobody should have been going near him except PD/EMS/FD.

Then we have michael sussman who proved himself to be a huge opportunist during the Yonkers desegragation case and now he is proving to be nothing more than that now. He is alledging that the ME's office fabricated the tox results because it contradicts witness statements from that night ... this fool would try to have us believe alcohol / marijuana and God knows what else fueled college students instead of a highly educated team of doctors and scientists... sorry mr sussman but NO.

The bottom line is that everyone involved on the henry side is grasping at straws becuause they know that they don't have a leg to stand on anymore. Any public opinion they had on their side is now gone - and shame on anyone who took their side to begin with.

During this whole thing we must keep the most important thing in mind and that is the officers involved. I have said it before in this thread and I will say it again, these cops were forced to respond the way they did because of dj henrys actions, the fault with this entire situation is on dj henry.

Now it seems that the pace player who broke the store window that night was taken from his dorm to the hospital over the weekend because he was overly intox and the people he was with became concerned for him. Now his lawyer bonita zelman, as if she hasn't made enough of a mockery out of this case so far released a statement saying that if he did get that drunk it's becuase he is sad over the death of dj henry and because he has post traumatic stress .. ARE YOU FRIGGEN KIDDING ME LADY ??? Do you wipe this kids a** for him too ? What a joke

Just when you thought it couldn't get any more pathetic, this is reminding me very much of former Iraqi Information Minister Sahhaf. The family "lawyers" manage to invent yet more delusions about what "really happened" .

They are not helping their "clients".

Too bad their clients don't know that.

Meanwhile those facing charges do require legal representation, they certainly deserve better.

I had the pleasure of having to get up out of bed at 02:45 to take that a**hole to the hospital. Wish I were allowed to say more......

PFDRes47cue likes this