Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

EMTBravo To Shut Down Permanently This Saturday

66 posts in this topic

Seth thank you for seven years of doing this, I feel very bad about your situation and I wish you the best of luck.

Seth:

Shut the site down......your family, your health, and your income are far more important.

Not to sound harsh, but YOU are running the site and bearing the financial responsibilities.

The site is a great idea, but not at your personal expense.

Take care of what is most important and perhaps in time, the opportunity to bring back the site will be there. Perhaps not?

Thanks for providing the site and services and my best to you and your family.

What? I don't post in months, but then I post in defense of u guys and a mod deletes it. What gives? Lol...you know what I wrote is true. But I'll repharse it a little nicer.

X233,

You're grasp of the English language is lacking. Several does not mean Seven. Also Seth is not begging he is stating a fact. The site costs money and he needs help to pay for it so you can come on here and post snarky comments.

CAM

Seth, what does this site need, technically, to be workable? In terms of bandwidth, server resources etc.?

I have a 25/25 business FIOS connection, and any number of server boxes available. If it's technically feasible I'll host the site, or part of it, for free.

Mike (15 years an IT pro before getting into firefighting!)

Edited by abaduck
eric12401 and Bnechis like this

Seth,

First let me say you are a fine young man. It is a pleasure to know you for so many years. Even before Empress.

You do what is best for YOU & Your Family. You will be in my prayers & I hope your issues will turn around.

That is most important.

We will always be here.

Has for this site, wow I actually broke down to get a computer to get on this site. Thank you Justin.

I wish I could help other than my prayers and well wishes, as I know where you are in life.

Always All My Best and from Bob Hope, " Thanks for the memories."

Thomas A. Orpikowski

for all those that have Facebook or Twitter, send out your status that this site is closing, and to please ask for donations. We gotta keep this site going!

Seth,

Thank you for providing the site over the years. Many aspects of this site will be missed. Good luck to you and your family. Maybe one day the site might come alive again, until then take care.

Jim Tompkins

Wow...I am at a loss for words. Yes, I will miss this site and all of the related EMT Bravo sites. Having moved from Westchester 25 years ago, I found EMT Bravo to be a link with my former home. A place to visit every day.

But my bigger concern is for Seth, his wife and his baby. Seth the most important thing for you to do is to take care of yourself and your family. If that means the end of EMT Bravo, so be it. Good Luck, God Bless and thank your for providing this great service for these past several years.

Ed Creem

Past President - Peekskill Community Volunteer Ambulance Corps

Former member and former Vice Chairman - Westchester County EMS Council

Seth,

You've done a great job on this site and I hate to see it go as so many of the members do. I have not been a big-time user or poster do to my time constraints but I do value this site and your efforts. While most of us can't help you with your employment and health issues, I believe a lot of us can help you with finances for this site. I've made a donation and hope that many more will come through for you. Actually it's for all of us. All we can do now is offer you encouragement to continue. We will respect your decision however you decide.

My personal best wishes for good health and congratulations on the baby!

This is it boys! It's a Brotherhood. Lets prove it right now. We all benefit by maintaining the website!

Tom

I can donate again next week, and I'm also in for a yearly membership fee. If this you don't receive enough donations then thank you Seth for all of your hard work and dedication.

Why dont you just come out and beg....your half way there...you have just pretty much asked for $700...

Seth, Thank you for establishing the EMTBravo network of sites and your dedication to them during the past seven years. These sites have attracted over 12,000 members of Emergency Services who have been able to share and learn from others, which is a great accomplishment.

It was an honor for me to be appointed an administrator of EMTBravoSouth and I enjoyed it immensely.

Step back, take care of yourself, family, and finances and I wish you the best of luck in the future.

The donation tracker seems to have stopped registering donations after 2:30 PM. Do we have an update on that number?

I agree, we can't sit back and let this site die. We need to do what we can to help out. Seth, my donation will be in at the end of the month. Come on guys, time for a 10-13 for Seth. Lets get the word out. Make it happen. On a side note, I am up for a membership fee also. I did a quick count of registered members and it looks like there are 11,960 +/- registered users. At $10 each per year, that would far exceed operating expenses.

I, for one, am impressed with the outpouring of support shown today,especially financially, and of the kind words for Seth and his efforts.

I'm pleased to be involved with the site operation and hope the current trend for the membership to support EMTBravo continues.

I can't speak for Seth, with the support shown today, it just might be enough to help keep the site online a while longer!

I'm Keeping my fingers crossed!!!

The donation tracker seems to have stopped registering donations after 2:30 PM. Do we have an update on that number?

George, eight more generous donations have posted since 14:30, we'll look into the tracker. Thanks.

I wish I could give something if I had it. Everyone who can give, PLEASE do so!!! We can't let this place go!!!

firedude likes this

I just sent in a few bucks. I hope it helps.

I'd like to see the Incident Alert for this.

0900 Call for EMT bravo site going down this Saturday

0901 EMT Bravo site members have a renewed appreciation for the site

0902 EMT Bravo Members from over 6 counties self dispatch for mutual aid to the site via donations. IC did not ask for Mutal Aid, but members respond on own accord.

0905 EMT Bravo starts receiving influx of needed mutual aid.

2200 EMT Bravo scene is placed under control, no need for Coroner.

2210 EMT Bravo site lives on for quite some time.

A happy ending for all parties concerned.

I agree with the others who posted before. A yearly fee isn't an outrageous request to keep the site going. Poll everyone. I appreciate this site and all the time/effort/work that goes into it. Wish I could do more.

George, eight more generous donations have posted since 14:30, we'll look into the tracker. Thanks.

Sorry Jack, I didn't see this. thanks. But I have a feeling 8 more donations is still going to be short the donation goal.

Edited by efdcapt115

Donation left. I'd also be disappointed if the site shut down, after following it for all these years...

markmets415 likes this

I just sent in a few bucks. I hope it helps.

I'd like to see the Incident Alert for this.

0900 Call for EMT bravo site going down this Saturday

0901 EMT Bravo site members have a renewed appreciation for the site

0902 EMT Bravo Members from over 6 counties self dispatch for mutual aid to the site via donations. IC did not ask for Mutal Aid, but members respond on own accord.

0905 EMT Bravo starts receiving influx of needed mutual aid.

2200 EMT Bravo scene is placed under control, no need for Coroner.

2210 EMT Bravo site lives on for quite some time.

A happy ending for all parties concerned.

Nice IA. Just to keep everyone up to date, thanks to the generosity of the membership it is very likely that the funds required to keep the site solvent and online for the rest of this year will be received. A long term plan to prevent this from happening again needs to be identified and the staff is currently reviewing options. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your support. We hope this site is around for quite a long time and thanks to your involvement it will be!

We will keep you posted. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post them here or send a PM to me or any staff member.

Again, thank you all!

Nice IA. Just to keep everyone up to date, thanks to the generosity of the membership it is very likely that the funds required to keep the site solvent and online for the rest of this year will be received. A long term plan to prevent this from happening again needs to be identified and the staff is currently reviewing options. On behalf of the entire staff, thank you for your support. We hope this site is around for quite a long time and thanks to your involvement it will be!

We will keep you posted. If you have any questions or suggestions feel free to post them here or send a PM to me or any staff member.

Again, thank you all!

Any update on the amount still needed, the tracker is not updating.

Donation sent I wish I could send more. I am all for a yearly fee.

Thanks Seth and the team for the great service you have provided and I hope you can keep providing.

Any update on the amount still needed, the tracker is not updating.

For some reason the tracker locked up at 2:30 and a bunch of donations have been received since then. They are working on resolving the tracker lock-up. It may just be that your generosity overloaded it! B)

Seriously, as soon as we know we'll update everyone.

Sorry to see you go, However I know how it is, May God Bless you and your family!