Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Revive the 'New' (2010) Live Chat Feature?

Bring back a Chat Room?   36 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be willing to use a Chat Room feature if enabled again?

• Yes, love the idea!
    • Nope, don't care one bit...
    • Undecided

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

30 posts in this topic

I just installed a new, live chat feature.

Right now, it's limited to five members at a time. If members use it, I'll increase the number. You can also have personal live chats with other members and staff.

Also, maybe we could have events like live chats with some of our very knowlegeable members and have a topic and pick their brains.

Hope you enjoy this new feature.

Oh yeah, you can access it from the tabs on the top of the page.

Seth

Seth is there any way to make this chat like an IM where you can chat with just one person who is on line?

Bring back a Chat Room???

Vote above!

**Keep in mind this thread was originated in Oct. 2010, I just brought it back from the dead...

I think it would be a good tool to use to clear up the Shoutbox and to discuss things with people while streaming incidents.

firedude likes this

The problem is, no one used it.

I'm not entirely sure this will detract people from flooding the shoutbox. I've been guilty of it myself a couple times but as of late am pm'ing people more so that I don't flood the shout box. I personally wouldn't mind it because it's easier to have a chat room type feature than to have to pm everyone.

Oh yeah, you can access it from the tabs on the top of the page.

I don't see any chat icon or button. Can someone point me in the right direction.

There is no button, at least not yet, anyway.

That post was from last year when it was originally launched.

The EMTBravo live-chat feature was "retired" essentially for lack of use, and we're contemplating the feasibility of resurrecting it.

I don't see any chat icon or button. Can someone point me in the right direction.

As I stated in my posting...

**Keep in mind this thread was originated in Oct. 2010, I just brought it back from the dead...

Look at the date of the thing you quoted...

There is no button, at least not yet, anyway.

That post was from last year when it was originally launched.

The EMTBravo live-chat feature was "retired" essentially for lack of use, and we're contemplating the feasibility of resurrecting it.

That explains it, thanks!

Imho the chat room, should it come back, should be visible from the Main Index page. What I mean is a box with a list of screen names of the people currently in the chat room.

If it can't be seen from the main page, it's not going to catch on.

Chat is back.

It can be accessed through the tab above, right underneath the "EMTBravo.net" banner.

Imho the chat room, should it come back, should be visible from the Main Index page. What I mean is a box with a list of screen names of the people currently in the chat room.

If it can't be seen from the main page, it's not going to catch on.

Perhaps make is visbile on every page and include every user online...like facebook...sorry to bring up facebook.unsure.gif

The chat feature is back!

You can see how many people are in the room from the main page.

You will stay logged in until you click the X button to leave.

I just tried to access it and got this "

An Error Occurred

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

[#CJOIN-0] There was an error connecting with the chat room. Please notify an administrator."

[#CSTART-6] The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

[#CSTART-6] The IP.Chat room limit has been reached. You will not be able to join the chat room until some users first leave.

I just tried to join and got the same message, it shows 4 people in the room.

Another grammer cop. :blink: LOL

Right now we are aware that some members are experiencing technical difficulties trying to access the chat feature.

Be advised it is being looked into, and hopefully we will be able to resume full operation, shortly.

Thank you for your patience.

peterose313 likes this

9:40 PM is the chat down?

There are some software / operational issues which are being investigated.

Not exactly sure when those will be resolved. Hopefully soon!

New feature is great! Thanks for letting us test it out again, you guys keep making excellent improvements!

Edited by BigBuff

The problem is, no one used it.

Several of us tried some scheduled chats..but even then it was lightly attended and usually by the same faces. Great concept..I know I don't always have the time to jump on it and see who's on or have the time to chat on a regular basis anymore.

Last night was pretty cool. Jack, Chris, Joe, Barry, Bill, interesting mix of people. Wondering if some other people are either shy or just rude. I opened up a small window in the corner of my computer screen and kept chat on. As people came in I would say hello to try and get things moving a bit. What the hey, you know? Strange when people come into the chat room, then are non-responsive. It could become a standard for a lot of us keep a chat window open; Windows 7 allows so many feeds onto your screen, you can just keep it on in a corner. Right now I'm running Radio Reference, three of those open FDNY, 60-Control and Miami-Dade, plus the EMTBravo chat, plus the EMTBravo message boards, and another for a news scroll! I could dispatch right here from home, just send me a radio. B)

peterose313 likes this

Is it possible to make it so more than 5 people can use the chat at once? I got an error message saying it was at capacity and it indicated 5 active users.

Is it possible to make it so more than 5 people can use the chat at once? I got an error message saying it was at capacity and it indicated 5 active users.

I agree, Its becoming very popular with active members. I love it!

Including buff talk and who can report a call first :P like the new feature, capacity should be a little more, maybe 10? some just come in to observe.

Including buff talk and who can report a call first :P like the new feature, capacity should be a little more, maybe 10? some just come in to observe.

Perhaps it is possible to follow the online poker structure...you can join to participate or you can simply view the chat to observe/monitor.