Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JBE

NEW FDNY Fireboat Bravest

12 posts in this topic

It's a 64 foot SAFEBoat, I liken it to a Coast Guard Rescue Boat on Roids. It's named the Bravest and will replace the Kevin Kane as Marine Company 6. The Kane will be kept as a spare.

Not the greatest shots because of weather and where the boat is moored up. Pump Capacity is 6,000 GPM, the top Monitor is rated for 5,000 GPM. Top Speed of 46 Knots(Over 50 MPH)Enjoy!!

With the Mc Kean and Firefighter behind it.

M6Bravest2.jpg

M6Bravest4.jpg

M6Bravest3.jpg

M6Bravest5.jpg

M6Bravest6.jpg

Edited by JBE
FF398, FDNY 10-75, firedude and 1 other like this

That is absolutely awesome. I got to ride on one of CT Environmental Conservation Police's SAFEBoats, they are really incredible machines.

What is the material made of that covers the boat? Really awesome looking though!! Best of luck with it.

The boat is staffed 24/7. I'm not sure what the hull/superstructure is built of, I would say aluminum. I'm pretty sure the SAFEboat site has more info.

AWESOME! Never was really "into" Marine Fire Apparatus in the past, but I am really intrigued with them as of recent!!

Best of luck to FDNY with it!!

SAFEboats are made of aluminum with the hard orange rubber for the siding and the deck is covered in nonslip grip padding and i just want to make it clear that one day I will be caption of this fire boat.

SAFEboats are made of aluminum with the hard orange rubber for the siding and the deck is covered in nonslip grip padding and i just want to make it clear that one day I will be caption of this fire boat.

dont you mean CAPTAIN

Awesome boat, great shots! Thanks for sharing!