Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Great Picture from Lohud

10 posts in this topic

Photo by Mark Vergari, who captured a GREAT shot here.

From the Yonkers high rise fire.

Excellent shot mark.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but...is that YFD Commish Pagano? If so, looks like the Commish is trying to make the best of things for that young boy.

Great picture for sure.

Sorry if this seems like a stupid question, but...is that YFD Commish Pagano? If so, looks like the Commish is trying to make the best of things for that young boy.

Great picture for sure.

Yes that is the Commish. Cool pic.

Yes that is the Commish. Cool pic.

Thank you sir.

How about some photos from the work those guys did?

I'm pretty sure Commisioner Pagano didn't even know that photo was being taken. And he really has no fireground role, as his job is mostly administrative. He didn't even have to take in that fire. But, any Yonkers firefighter would do the same thing.

That photo shows the compassionate side of the fire service, and is probaly just as impressive (photo) as the guys working the fire. That little boy was probaly very scared, might have been losing all his toys and his home. A simple gesture can go a long way.

helicopper likes this

Plus I didnt want to steal ALL of Lohud's pics...just wanted to point out one powerful instant captured on film.

It looks to me that he is telling the kid to get off the new truck.................JK.....

Great Pic

x129K likes this

Low Hud has some good shots from the incident. I like the command post across the street. The lobby of MD's are too small, they had a good view from where they were, and the spot across the street probably lends itself to better communications.