Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rescue20

Westchester County Police Boat

20 posts in this topic

Does anybody have any pictures of the newer boat that they got not too long ago? I am looking to make a poster for one of my friends that is in the department, would like to get a picture of it. I know www.launch5.com has one but has HS students on it. I will use that if nobody else has one.. Thanks.

See if this helps.

post-957-0-58899100-1308048943.jpg

FF398 likes this

5819355052_3923f4bd39_z.jpg

5818772793_55566fd997_z.jpg

theres more here, My link and here, My link

These are not my pictures so ask the photographer, firedude, before you use them.

Edited by ac316scu
FF398 and firedude like this

SAFE Boats makes really nice craft. That's the 27', no? Same as the NYPD and Coast Guard. SAFE has been making fire boats as well in increasing size. (FDNY Marine 6 is a SAFE 56')

Rescue20, are you looking for the new safeboat, Marine 3? If you are, I have tons of photos of it from Fleet Demo Day at Playland, last saturday. ac316scu posted a link to the topic with the photos. Thank you ac316scu. You are welcome to use the photos. Please PM me with any questions.

I need them for a project that I am creating, are they yours or can I use them?

Yes, they are mine. Please PM me if you would like use them. I am not charging you but I just want to talk.

SAFE Boats makes really nice craft. That's the 27', no? Same as the NYPD and Coast Guard. SAFE has been making fire boats as well in increasing size. (FDNY Marine 6 is a SAFE 56')

Actually, Marine 6 "Bravest" is the largest SAFE boat built at 64' and cost 2.4 Million Dollars. I was on it yesterday and it is worth every penny. It will go into service on Friday officially. It is an awesome addition to the fleet. There are at least 4 more 33' Safe Boats coming to replace the well aged 27' Boston Whalers used for the Summer Season.

This photo was taken as we boarded the 343 for the afternoon session.

Stay Safe.

post-79-0-60521000-1309467346.jpg

Actually, Marine 6 "Bravest" is the largest SAFE boat built at 64' and cost 2.4 Million Dollars. I was on it yesterday and it is worth every penny. It will go into service on Friday officially. It is an awesome addition to the fleet. There are at least 4 more 33' Safe Boats coming to replace the well aged 27' Boston Whalers used for the Summer Season.

This photo was taken as we boarded the 343 for the afternoon session.

Stay Safe.

Please tell me how a small boat like that can cost 2.4 million dollars??

Clearly you have never owned a boat. They are really expensive. This 64foot Viking with an enclosed bridge from 2007 is 200K more than the boat in question. $2.4 million is cheap considering all of the safety and other life saving devices and appliances on it...

http://www.sea-rays4.../specs2007.html

Edited by helicopper

64' is longer then most apparatus, almost twice as long. When you factor in the "floating factor, the water pump, the massive engine, the requirements of the material that keep it from failing in the water, all the safety features required, radios and other equipment, when you pay $1.0M for a tower ladder truck, $2.4M for a boat thats twice as big, makes almost perfect sense

helicopper and BFD1054 like this

6,000 gpm 3,000 hp worth of propulsion, 1700 horses dedicated to throwing water, a top speed of nearly 60 mph, and as SRS pointed out its a boat. That's why it costs so much.

x635 and M' Ave like this

I got a chance to see the new WCPD police boat last night first hand at the Ossining fireworks. What a beauty it was! I was wondering if anyone knew if they are still using the old boat (Boston Whaler?) As cool and as quick as their new one is, I can't see it being able to handle any search and rescue.

I got a chance to see the new WCPD police boat last night first hand at the Ossining fireworks. What a beauty it was! I was wondering if anyone knew if they are still using the old boat (Boston Whaler?) As cool and as quick as their new one is, I can't see it being able to handle any search and rescue.

This One? Seen in Mamaroneck Harbor...

5892104128_b099f2f56b_z.jpg

Why can't it handle search and rescue? It appears there's a search light mounted above the pilot house and those boats sit very low in the water. I believe the deck is actually under the water line making reaching over the sides very easy.

What do you define as "search and rescue"?

What qualifies a vessel to be able to handle search and rescue?

WCPD Marine 3 today, on a stop off of Croton Point with 2 wave runners. Its a fast boat, watched it chase down the 2 waver runners, pretty impressive!

Scott

post-1819-0-03145000-1312070786.jpg

How come they need 900 hp on the new one?

How come they need 900 hp on the new one?

Catch the runners! lol did you go to the electrical fire i heard about in the SB?

What do you define as "search and rescue"?

What qualifies a vessel to be able to handle search and rescue?

Nothing does Chris That why we use a different method "You Search They Rescue!"