Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
LEGENDARYDOM83

Looking to Join - Mamaroneck Town or Village?

10 posts in this topic

I want to join a volunteer dept after a few out of the fire service. I live in New Rochelle now; not sure if the village of Mamaroneck or Town has a closer coverage area. Can't find any of this info online. Also do either or both allow the usage of POVs to the scene?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

I think you have to live in the specific town/village to be a member. If anyone who is from these departments can fill us in on this that would be great.

the town is closer but you should go to both and see witch you like. there are a few houses to choose from in the village. PM me for more info

Not sure where to post this so I can't go wrong with the lounge.

I want to join a volunteer dept after a few out of the fire service. I live in New Rochelle now; not sure if the village of Mamaroneck or Town has a closer coverage area. Can't find any of this info online. Also do either or both allow the usage of POVs to the scene?

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Can anyone help?

Thanks

My suggestion, forget thinking about responding in your POV, I am willing to bet you live far enough away where you wont make to the scene or the house in time for any of the work I think you are looking for. Try to see which departments in the area roster duty crews and try to see if you can get one on that best fits your life style and schedule. That way you don't have to worry about driving to the scene or the house and missing the first line in or the first due. You want to help, thats good, but if you live 10-20 minutes away from the fire house on a good day, at Friday during rush hour you will never be able to make a run. Where I go to school I joined the Rescue Squad in one of the towns that rosters duty crews, that way when a call comes in A. we are all in the house and can respond immediately B. I don't have to drive in all weather to make the run C. I don't have to drive from my apartment a town over to make the rig D. It gives me a better chance to train and practice during the off time considering tours last a minimum of 12 hours E. It lets me have a life and still do what I want to do, as a full time college student my weekdays and nights are packed full, rostering in house on the weekends gives me the flexibility I need while still maintains my commitments to school and the squad. What ever you decide/find, good luck.

Edited by SRS131EMTFF

The fact that you want to donate your time is great. The only diffence is that the town is a combo dept and the village isnt. Stop in a house in both and see what their residency or work requirements are. Since you live in a area that no longer has volunteers one of these depts should allow this not to be a problem. Only my opinion. I work with a few guys from the village and will ask them about this when I return to work tomorrow.

x635 likes this

Can anyone help?

Thanks

What pat of New Rochelle do you live in ??? North end, west end, the south side, Larchmont woods??? TMFD does accept applications from out of the fire district. I believe they allow a percentage of out of district members.

www.TMFD.org

Edited by LTNRFD
x635 likes this

Edited by SnakeDoctor
x635 likes this

There are several members within the TMFD who live in New Rochelle.

Including the Chief of Department

He moved there after the fact.

Bish is Chief?