Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
efdcapt115

Get Well Soon nfd2004

15 posts in this topic

Found out tonight from "Bad Box" that Captain Willy D, "nfd2004" on this and other sites, who's wife passed away only a couple of weeks ago, is now himself in the hospital. A member spoken with him since his admittance. He's undergoing a battery of tests and it sounds like in typical Willy D fashion is making light of his condition, but at least he was able to speak on the phone with the member who reported it on the nyc site.

Please everybody keep the good Captain in your prayers. Lord knows he's been through hell lately. That kind of stress takes it's toll.

Get well soon Willy D.

BFD1054 likes this

Get well soon, Captain....hurry back to the boards

You are in my prayers capt. Get well soon and god bless!

All my best to you Captain, get well soon and feel better.

Thoughts and prayers......you know how to get ahold of me if you need anything at all.

Just got off the phone with Willy D. He had just gotten out of surgery. He is in good spirits, and hopes to be coming home very soon. I told him that many of the members here have posted well wishes, and he couldn't express his gratitude to everybody enough. When he gets home, I'm sure we'll hear from him soon enough on the board.

Got some damn good people here that care, your concern means the world to the Captain.

What the Heck, Willy D, if you need me or need anything, you have both my numbers. Call me and you have it brother.

Joe

George, thanks for the info and update on the good Captain.

Well wishes to the Captain.

Glad to hear that Willy D is on the road to recovery. He's a top shelf guy ... I'm proud to call him 'Brother'. Thanks for the update George.

sfrd18 likes this

Thank you for all those kind words. I sure do appreciate it.

On Monday October 17th I went to a doctor in New London, Ct. I thought that he'd check me out and send me home with a few pills. Instead I was transported to the Lawrence & Memorial Hospital by the New London Fire Dept ambulance. The two fire fighters who transported me each had less than a year on the job. But they sure were Great.

Word spread that a retired firefighter from nearby Norwich, Ct was taken to the hospital. Those New London, Ct firefighters made it a point to get my car from the doctors office to the more safer firehouse parking lot. One brought in a scanner for me to listen to. They visited me Everyday to check on how I was doing, and offer any assistance they could. Everything from driving me home when the time comes, to helping me with grocery shopping. What a Great Group of Guys. Exactly what this Brotherhood thing is all about.

My Brothers a little farther to the north from Norwich did the same thing. I had visitors from the dept both Active and Retired. One guy visited me almost Every day. In fact there were two guys that came on the job afer I retired that came down to visit.

I had a Retired FDNY Captain and his wife stop by to visit. He had worked some of the busiest companies in the FDNY during their busiest so called War Years. A "War Years Warrior". That certainly was an honor.

My point is that this Brotherhood thing is Alive and Well. From the newest probie to the oldest retiree. Or from city to city. The Brotherhood is Alive and Well. The nurses could not believe the number of firefighters that showed up. I explained to them about this Brotherhood thing.

And I certainly can Not begin to say how very Greatful I am to those dedicated and highly skilled nurses and aides that cared for me during my eight day stay. We ride by hospitals everyday and in every city in America. From the outside we never really give much thought to it as to the care and compassion that goes on behind those walls around the clock, everyday of the year. I saw those nurses working on a poor guy who was in pain and apparently had a serious speech problem. Those nurses worked on him for a long time and finally he was able to rest. Their skills and knowledge are helping us in our time of need and saving lives everyday. They really are Our Guardian Angels.

For myself, it is a bit of a kidney issue and a well needed "tune up". I need to go back again for a few test and have a few things taken care of. But I think its just a matter of time when I'll be back in the streets buffing the Bronx again.

Edited by nfd2004

Thank you for all those kind words. I sure do appreciate it.

On Monday October 17th I went to a doctor in New London, Ct. I thought that he'd check me out and send me home with a few pills. Instead I was transported to the Lawrence & Memorial Hospital by the New London Fire Dept ambulance. The two fire fighters who transported me each had less than a year on the job. But they sure were Great.

Word spread that a retired firefighter from nearby Norwich, Ct was taken to the hospital. Those New London, Ct firefighters made it a point to get my car from the doctors office to the more safer firehouse parking lot. One brought in a scanner for me to listen to. They visited me Everyday to check on how I was doing, and offer any assistance they could. Everything from driving me home when the time comes, to helping me with grocery shopping. What a Great Group of Guys. Exactly what this Brotherhood thing is all about.

My Brothers a little farther to the north from Norwich did the same thing. I had visitors from the dept both Active and Retired. One guy visited me almost Every day. In fact there were two guys that came on the job afer I retired that came down to visit.

I had a Retired FDNY Captain and his wife stop by to visit. He had worked some of the busiest companies in the FDNY during their busiest so called War Years. A "War Years Warrior". That certainly was an honor.

My point is that this Brotherhood thing is Alive and Well. From the newest probie to the oldest retiree. Or from city to city. The Brotherhood is Alive and Well. The nurses could not believe the number of firefighters that showed up. I explained to them about this Brotherhood thing.

And I certainly can Not begin to say how very Greatful I am to those dedicated and highly skilled nurses and aides that cared for me during my eight day stay. We ride by hospitals everyday and in every city in America. From the outside we never really give much thought to it as to the care and compassion that goes on behind those walls around the clock, everyday of the year. I saw those nurses working on a poor guy who was in pain and apparently had a serious speech problem. Those nurses worked on him for a long time and finally he was able to rest. Their skills and knowledge are helping us in our time of need and saving lives everyday. They really are Our Guardian Angels.

For myself, it is a bit of a kidney issue and a well needed "tune up". I need to go back again for a few test and have a few things taken care of. But I think its just a matter of time when I'll be back in the streets buffing the Bronx again.

Kudos to the Brothers in Ct. for 'Doing the right thing'. Glad to see that the 'Brotherhood' is still alive and well and ... really glad to see that my buddy Willy D has been treated with the respect that he deserves ... Get well soon Brother.

efdcapt115 likes this