Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JJB531

EMTBravo- The Magazine

9 posts in this topic

EMTBravo Members,

Myself and the members of the staff have been recently discussing the possibility of endeavoring to create an online magazine with content that is provided by you, the members!

EMTBravo is about sharing knowledge, information, and individual professional development. Authoring articles for trade magazines and professional publications is an excellent way to advance one's career as a professional emergency service provider, a great addition to your resume, and just another way to "get your name out there" amongst your peers, plus it gives you an opportunity to share your knowledge and experience with other emergency service providers in a magazine style format.

We are currently seeking article submissions from the EMTBravo community. Articles can be on a wide variety of topics pertaining to Police, Fire, EMS, OEM and other emergency service fields. We encourage everyone to take this opportunity to share your knowledge and experience. You do not need to be an "EMTBravo guru" to write an article for EMTBravo, but must be mature, knowledgeable, and professional in the delivery of your content. This includes proper spelling and grammar, and taking the time to deliver a well thought out and informative article that the members will enjoy reading.

Articles should contain some degree of substance to them, and be at least one typewritten page in length. I don't want to place a limit on how long your article can be, but please be reasonable with your submissions, it's an article, not a novel! Once we have collected enough content, reviewed it, gathered additional information, we are going to deliver this magazine to the membership in an online viewable format, where it will be easily accessed by the membership. As I previously mentioned, we are looking for writers from all walks of Emergency Services, from Youth Group/Junior Corps members to seasoned Fire/Police/EMS veterans. Articles you submit should reflect on your personal experience. For example, if you are a Junior Corps member, consider writing an article about Training Ideas for Junior Corps, or Recruitment for Junior Corps. I wouldn't suggest writing an article on Technical Rescue as a Junior Corps member. We are currently looking to do a quarterly publishing based on the amount of content we receive from YOU!

Articles should be written in Word Format, and please include a brief Bio along with your article to including your field, years of experience, and any other pertinent information you would like to include. I will continually post additional information, including an email address to submit your articles.

If anyone has any questions and/or legitimate, constructive ideas for this endeavor, please feel free to PM me or post them in this thread.

Thank you for your interest, now get writing!

Joseph Bucchignano

JJB531

Not a bad thought. Think that some of the stuff we submitted to that contact you made in the tactical world would be uspet if I used some of the ones he published?

Not a bad thought. Think that some of the stuff we submitted to that contact you made in the tactical world would be uspet if I used some of the ones he published?

I don't think so at all. They were excellent articles and I think the membership would greatly benefit by republishing them here for the membership to read.

Interesting. What about possibly Fire Dept. "profiles".... Apparatus /buildings photos and a short overview? Just a suggestion...... joe.

firedude likes this

Interesting. What about possibly Fire Dept. "profiles".... Apparatus /buildings photos and a short overview? Just a suggestion...... joe.

Sounds like a good idea. I am not criticizing you, because I like the idea, so please don't take what I'm about to say the wrong way because I want to clarify one point. I know there is an abundance of career and volunteer firefighters here on EMTBravo, but the idea of this magazine is to not focus on one single emergency service field, but to incorporate Law Enforcement and EMS with an even distribution of content across the board. I want to stay away from this magazine being solely a Fire related, EMS related, or LE related venue, but rather contain an equal share of content.

efdcapt115 likes this

Just add lots of photos!

While photos are fun to look it, and can contain educational value in a forum type setting where discussions can be had about them, they provide little educational value in the content of a magazine without the ability to openly discuss. The idea of this magazine is to be both a training tool and a form of professional development for the members. If people want to see photos, there are plenty of them here on EMTBravo, and the magazine should not take away from the excellent photo submissions provided by the members. If photos are pertinent to a particular article, then by all means they should be included if they are going to add to the educational value of the article, but to simply throw in photographs just so people have something to look at takes away from the purpose of the magazine.

sounds like a good idea to have a magazine with equal amount of info and stories about ems, fire, law enforcement and any emergency unit