Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
newsbuff

Croton-on-Hudson opts for full-time EMT

104 posts in this topic

While I did not mean it it terms of violating a specific law, it actually is.

NYS Public Health Law Article 30

Section 3012. Enforcement.

1. Any ambulance service or advanced life support first response service certificate issued pursuant to section three thousand five of this article may be revoked, suspended, limited or annulled by the department upon proof that the operator or certificate holder or one or more enrolled members or one or more persons in his employ:

( b has not been competent in the operation of the service or has shown inability to provide adequate ambulance services or advanced life support first response service; or

(g) a voluntary ambulance service or voluntary advanced life support first response service has failed to meet the minimum staffing standard and has not been issued an exemption, except that such certificate shall not be suspended or revoked unless the commissioner finds that an adequate alternative service exists. The commissioner shall consider the recommendation of the regional emergency medical services council in making a finding; or

If thats the case, 80-90% of the ambulance services in this county should have their operating liscenses suspended. I really wish someone would actually enforce this sort of stuff.....improve patient care, improve responsiveness, prepreation and capeability and maybe even propell the EMS career foward in finding a viable soultion (because this is in fact a county problem...).

Bnechis likes this

While I did not mean it it terms of violating a specific law, it actually is.

NYS Public Health Law Article 30

Section 3012. Enforcement.

1. Any ambulance service or advanced life support first response service certificate issued pursuant to section three thousand five of this article may be revoked, suspended, limited or annulled by the department upon proof that the operator or certificate holder or one or more enrolled members or one or more persons in his employ:

( b has not been competent in the operation of the service or has shown inability to provide adequate ambulance services or advanced life support first response service; or

(g) a voluntary ambulance service or voluntary advanced life support first response service has failed to meet the minimum staffing standard and has not been issued an exemption, except that such certificate shall not be suspended or revoked unless the commissioner finds that an adequate alternative service exists. The commissioner shall consider the recommendation of the regional emergency medical services council in making a finding; or

That's not a crime. That's an administrative violation.

That's not a crime. That's an administrative violation.

You are splitting hairs.

Would you consider it an administrative violation or a crime if your mother, wife or child died waiting 29 minutes?

Is this a Croton problem?..... Yes

But 4 mutual aid depts also had a problem. This is criminal. How large an area and population are "protected" by these 5 agencies?

What if it was a multi patient call, people will die.

Hiring a few EMT/drivers here and there will not solve this problem.

LOL. Do you really think if it was a MCI that radios wouldn't have been lighting up everywhere? Although I experienced a problem where I had to sit on a penetrating trauma because I couldn't get an ambulance...some things still hold true..hot jobs will get covered.

FF398, PFDRes47cue and newsbuff like this

You are splitting hairs.

Would you consider it an administrative violation or a crime if your mother, wife or child died waiting 29 minutes?

Sure...but I get his point....who would you specifically charge with the crime? That's why these things are handled in Civil court.

Seriously? Go back to my post and please reply...in quotes... where anything your alluding to is present in my post. When have I ever said to you or anyone you know that your not doing your best? It just so happens that your "best" is actually very competent and professional, which I have said to you directly. No provider is a nuisance in any system, with the exception of those that forget the provider part and switch to having blinders and no sense of reality when things are not going the way they should. I really don't care what anyone puts in front of the their name or agency name. Neither does the public. This also is an argument that you can't have both ways. There are some that don't like the fact that the definition by noun of "professional" is one that gets paid for what they do. In a verb sense everyone should be "professional" when doing their craft. But then there are others who want to use "volunteer" when it suits them when their is problems. You're one person Mofire. There are about 4 others that come to mind who also bust their butts in your agency covering calls. But one or two can't do it alone. Its not getting any easier out there. That was my point. If it hurt your feelings or jabbed something that is personal for you...I can't help that. But barking up a tree that doesn't exist...that's not happening on something I wrote and is being twisted. I don't take any of this personal. On the street, on here or in meetings. So your stance is a bit foreign to me.

Just as I suspected.

Irish..you ok? You sleep deprived brother? You're making a counter argument on a different side to another statement you made.

Although I experienced a problem where I had to sit on a penetrating trauma because I couldn't get an ambulance...some things still hold true..hot jobs will get covered.

Shoulda called the helicopter! Oh wait.....

If I know the job ALS is talking about, StatFlight was called.

I literally LOL'd at that! Don't get him started on the Medivac lol

If I know the job ALS is talking about, StatFlight was called.

That's why I put the "Oh wait...." there.

LOL. Yup...but the pictures came out well. I mean...besides..what would I have done with all the traffic and the plethora of things they can do in the little bitty space that I apparently can't. :rolleyes:

This is why every accident should be given out as a rollover/extrication and every medical as a CPR in progress. If that doesn't generate a response nothing will.

Everybody knows the system is broken and we keep putting bandaid after bandaid over the probelm instead of finding real fixes.

Just as I suspected.

Irish..you ok? You sleep deprived brother? You're making a counter argument on a different side to another statement you made.

TMac- I am sleep Deprived, All Work No Sleep! I dont know what argument I am making anymore, but I do want to see a better EMS System NO MORE Half A** EMS. It is bad enough that if I call for an Ambulance at my house and hear it go M/A I have to drag my self across the Flood Gate to get an ambulance.