Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EFD1883

Eastchester Fire Department Rig Question?

28 posts in this topic

What happen to Eastchester Fire Spare Ladder 15 and Current First Line Rig Ladder 16? They had a fire two (2) straight days in a row and EFD L-15 or L-16 was either dispatched or assign or on the scene. Need More Info On This Topic/Subject, Please, Thanks In An Advance For All Of The Info.

Ladder 15 has been assigned to temporary Sta 6 with E 31 for the last year while Sta 5 undergoes renovation. L 15 has no working aerial, only ground ladders, TL 17 will not fit in temporary Sta. 6 About 3 months ago L 16 aerial broke and TL 17 was parked outside at Sta 2 in Tuckahoe (it does not fit inside). Since the cold weather has set in we have had to run TL 17 out of the repair shop at Sta.1 and have reassigned E 27 to Sta. 2 so that it can be inside also. Over the weekend, other equipment problems resulted in only a spare duty car with 2 firefighters assigned to Sta. 6. As of 4 pm today we are back to "normal" 4 Engs.; 1 tower ladder; 1 truck with no aerial.

ptwatson, sfrd18 and BigBuff like this

Ladder 15 has been assigned to temporary Sta 6 with E 31 for the last year while Sta 5 undergoes renovation. L 15 has no working aerial, only ground ladders, TL 17 will not fit in temporary Sta. 6 About 3 months ago L 16 aerial broke and TL 17 was parked outside at Sta 2 in Tuckahoe (it does not fit inside). Since the cold weather has set in we have had to run TL 17 out of the repair shop at Sta.1 and have reassigned E 27 to Sta. 2 so that it can be inside also. Over the weekend, other equipment problems resulted in only a spare duty car with 2 firefighters assigned to Sta. 6. As of 4 pm today we are back to "normal" 4 Engs.; 1 tower ladder; 1 truck with no aerial.

Where is temporary station 6??

Didn't get the we have moved card

Summerfield St. off of Brook St in the northend of town

When will Station # 5 Re-Open? And the current/spare fire house Station # 6 is what kind/type of building?

Mytownreport.com provides a great recent history into the EFD

If they can or like to could they make/turn Station # 6 into a Full Time Up and Running Fire House if possible?

Edited by EFD1883

What is the breakdown with Eastchester Fire Department District? For Example houses, apparatus rigs, members, response time/rigs, and etc.

Hey Capt2102 "NORMAL" there is nothing, and I mean nothing normal about EFD. As for only 1 working Aerial device, lets just call it a very dangerous way to do business. you say dangerous yes dangerous for both the residents and the firefighters, but nobody gives a ****.

ptwatson likes this

Hey Capt2102 "NORMAL" there is nothing, and I mean nothing normal about EFD. As for only 1 working Aerial device, lets just call it a very dangerous way to do business. you say dangerous yes dangerous for both the residents and the firefighters, but nobody gives a ****.

Isn't there any Dept. out there that can lone you guys one for awhile? Pretty sure YFD has a few spares.

What is the breakdown with Eastchester Fire Department District? For Example houses, apparatus rigs, members, response time/rigs, and etc.

The EFD runs out of 5 Fire Stations throughout Eastchester, Bronxville, and Tuckahoe. I think they run around 4-5,000 emergency calls annually. They run with 4 Engines, a Ladder, a Tower Ladder, and a Duty Chief. They also have a Spare Engine and a Spare Ladder, as well as a County Squad Support Unit. I may be a little off though. If I am, maybe someone from the EFD can correct me. Hope this helps.

Fire Station Locations and Apparatus(As of Now) -

Fire Station # 1(Fire Headquarters/Maintenance Facility):

-Engine 27(Moved)

-Tower Ladder 17(Temporarily)

-Car 2101(Chief of Department)

-Car 2102(Duty Chief/Shift Commander)

-Car 2103(Assistant Chief)

-Car 2105(Maintenance Unit/Mechanic)

-Car 2106(Maintenance Unit)

-Car 2108(Spare Car)

Fire Station # 2(Tuckahoe):

-Engine 27(Temporarily)

-Engine 28(Spare)

-Ladder 16(OOS)

Fire Station # 3(Bronxville):

-Engine 29

-Ladder 15(Spare-Moved)

Fire Station # 4(Chester Heights):

-Engine 30

Fire Station # 5(North End - Closed for Renovations):

-Engine 31(Moved)

-Tower Ladder 17(Moved)

Fire Station # 6(Temporary):

-Engine 31(Temporarily)

-Ladder 15(Spare-Temporarily)

http://public.fotki.com/lfd171/westchester_county_fire/eastchester/

http://iafflocal916.com/

http://www.eastchester.org/emergency_services/fire_department/index.html

Wow! This article was written almost one year ago and you guys are still not back in Wilmont Rd! What is the hold up? Was something in replacing the floor done wrong? I mean one year later they could have built a new firehouse by now! Also, three months to fix 16 truck and nothing done? Did the board find other stuff to be more important then to get the 1st due truck to all alarms south of Mill Rd fixed as soon a humanly possible? I agree with Capt Demps they are playing russian roulett..very dangerous! Also, what is the point of having a back up truck if the stick dosen't work? They should get rid of it and buy a used but working ladder truck for ladder 15. Stay safe boys!!

Totally agree with some of the comments made. If EFD is running Ladder 15 (Spare) that does not have a functioning Aerial Ladder, why not ask YONKERS FD to see if they would be willing to lend out one of their Spare Ladder Trucks (Ladder 78 or 79) to help them out until say TL16 is back in service? (Yonkers is right next door to Eastchester [Geographically) and they YFD helped out New Rochelle and Mount Vernon in the past

Just curious if anyone within EFD reached out to Yonkers?

lets clear some things up. This did not happen yesterday. Sta 5 closed Feb 5,2011 (a year ago) ladder 15 with no working aerial device has been in service from Feb 5,2011. Nobody cares!!!!!! Maybe some of the EFD officers (at least 1 that I know of) might have copies of e-mail, and letters that were sent offering suggestions that might make it a little safer, but have fallen on deaf ears. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN NOBODY GIVES A **** at EFD, or at least the majority does not!!!!!!

Wow, what a sad state of affairs. Ladder 15 has been in service as a front line unit since February 5, 2011, without the rig having a operating aerial ladder?? What didn't the Eastchester Board of Fire Commissioners reach out to, say the Yonkers Fire Department to ask about having them (YFD) loan out one of their Spare "Working" Aerial Ladder Trucks, until such time that Eastchester was able to facilitate repairs on your Spare Ladder Truck (15). If I was a taxpaying resident within the Township of Eastchester (Eastchester, Tuckahoe, and Bronxville) I would be out-raged and would have gone in front of the Town Council and demand answers.

lets clear some things up. This did not happen yesterday. Sta 5 closed Feb 5,2011 (a year ago) ladder 15 with no working aerial device has been in service from Feb 5,2011. Nobody cares!!!!!! Maybe some of the EFD officers (at least 1 that I know of) might have copies of e-mail, and letters that were sent offering suggestions that might make it a little safer, but have fallen on deaf ears. I WILL SAY IT AGAIN NOBODY GIVES A **** at EFD, or at least the majority does not!!!!!!

Edited by 61MACKBR1

I would be out-raged and would have gone in front of the Town Council and demand answers.

While this situation is totally scr@@ed Up. Town Councils in NYS have zero say in the workings of a fire district.

As a tax payer in the town of Eastchester, my sense is the officials in the town and the two villages do not want to get involved. They view the EFD as a separate entity. At one point I asked one of the mayors for their view on the consolidation concept and they would not address.

The residents of the town and villages do not understand the $14mm operating budget. Let alone the capital needs. We have no working ladder. Will the tower get more wear and tear so are we talking well over a million dollars if not closer to two to replace both within a short timeframe? And then the engines. Except for E29, they seemed to be acquired in a relatively short time frame. And the fire houses need Improvements.

Absent a sad event demonstrating the needs of the department, I am not sure how we get the residents to understand. And we are talking about a deparment in one of the weathiest areas in the country with what seems to be substantial neeeds! My impressions may not be correct and I welcome correction.

But sadly I think I am not that far off.

We have a new commissioner this year and a new chair of the board. Maybe we will see improvements.

The real problem in Eastchester is that the Board of Fire Commissioners is totally dysfunctional!!! Their main order of business is in-fighting with each other. Hopefully the new commissioner who replaced Keith Fennely will be a positive force on the board. They have been an embarrassment to the dept. and the town

you guys need more information.

Feb 5, 2011 sta 5 closed and TL-17 was parked outside and oos in all the elements until november 2011.Ladder 15 (non working aerial device was placed in service.) In late october 2011 ladder 16 had mechanical issues and was placed out of service. Tl-17 was then placed in service and kept outside in the elements until recently when weather (temps) finally forced the issue and accomodations were made to store and keep tl 17 in service and inside. Ladder 16 is still oos.

Back in feb 2011 tl 17 could have been kept in service as well as ladder 16 however it did not happen. WHY?

There was a short time approx 3-5 days (in late october) when there was no working aerial device in Eastchester as tl-17 had broken down.

Taxpayers should ask the questions

Remember it's Eastchester NOBODY GIVES A ****. except a few

Edited by demps121

As a tax payer in the town of Eastchester, my sense is the officials in the town and the two villages do not want to get involved. They view the EFD as a separate entity. At one point I asked one of the mayors for their view on the consolidation concept and they would not address.

The residents of the town and villages do not understand the $14mm operating budget. Let alone the capital needs. We have no working ladder. Will the tower get more wear and tear so are we talking well over a million dollars if not closer to two to replace both within a short timeframe? And then the engines. Except for E29, they seemed to be acquired in a relatively short time frame. And the fire houses need Improvements.

Absent a sad event demonstrating the needs of the department, I am not sure how we get the residents to understand. And we are talking about a deparment in one of the weathiest areas in the country with what seems to be substantial neeeds! My impressions may not be correct and I welcome correction.

But sadly I think I am not that far off.

We have a new commissioner this year and a new chair of the board. Maybe we will see improvements.

The Town and Villages cannot get invovled, as the District is a completely separate government entity.

Barry - good point. Then someone needs to bang on the door of the Eastchester Board of Fire Commissioners and tell them that the community has been compromised with inadequate Fire Apparatus

While this situation is totally scr@@ed Up. Town Councils in NYS have zero say in the workings of a fire district.

It is my understanding of the GML that fire district commissioner is a fiduciary position.

Barry where are you? is this correct?

Then who can make these types of decisions within the Eastchester Fire Department/Eastchester Town Board???

Having a Spare Aerial Ladder Truck (Ladder 15) in service, as a temporary (although it appears to be a longer than originally planned temporary) front line piece of apparatus, WITHOUT A FUNCTIONAL AERIAL LADDER, is absolutely INSANE !

Again, I ask why hasn't someone who is "In Charge" and can make such decisions in Eastcheter, reached out to the Yonkers Fire Department to ask for them to "Loan" EFD one of their Spare Ladder Trucks (Like Mount Vernon and New Rochelle did a few years ago)????

It is my understanding of the GML that fire district commissioner is a fiduciary position.

I believe you are correct. State Law does say they must be trained:

"What kind of training must fire district commissioners complete?

In 2006, State law began requiring that all fire district commissioners complete financial training within 270 days of taking office each time they are elected, re-elected, appointed or re-appointed. The training must cover legal, fiduciary, financial,

procurement and ethical responsibilities, and such other topics as may be prescribed by the State Comptroller."

My link