Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
billy98988

Overuse of Tasers

9 posts in this topic

Poughkeepsie Journal

The 59-year-old man admits he had two shots of whiskey before getting behind the wheel of his car. When he was pulled over in the City of Poughkeepsie in the wee hours of April 4, 2010, it was all but inevitable he’d be arrested for drunken driving.

What this burly, Jamaican-born man didn’t count on — after testily accusing a sheriff’s deputy of racism and reaching for his registration in what the officer took for a getaway try — was being shocked with the paralyzing electrical jolt of a stun gun commonly called a Taser.

“Oh, God, it hurt,” recalled Alpheus James, a 37-year laid-off printer who had no driving-while-intoxicated convictions on his record. “I don’t want my enemy to get that thing. I wanted to die. I was crying.”

I can only imagine the comments from the liberals and derelicts who are always anti any establishment. Little did they know they are safer then hands on...not to mention saves their tax dollars they always cry about being it can prevent officer injuries which leads to 207C benefits.

BFD1054 and SageVigiles like this

The comments were typical crap, but the article was surprisingly not anti-cop too much...

When in doubt "Arc em". Back in the ole day you would have just got shot. I would rather catch some volts than some lead anyday.... Besides some people say it is invigorating for your nerves. One Cop had back issues and after qualifying he never had an issue again....

Better than being hit with a 40 caliber <_<<_<

post-18386-0-47648200-1329149432.jpg

Edited by x1243

When in doubt "Arc em". Back in the ole day you would have just got shot. I would rather catch some volts than some lead anyday.... Besides some people say it is invigorating for your nerves. One Cop had back issues and after qualifying he never had an issue again....

Better than being hit with a 40 caliber <_<<_<

Remember its the amps not the volts. :).

I can tell you this...after taking a full ride in training with my tac team...I will never ever do that again.

BFD1054 likes this

I hate the liberal media. With that being said, there were some points in the article that seemed to be vaguely not anti-cop ( I won't go as far as to say pro cop.) If you watch the video, you can see where the guy that was tasered continued to refuse the orders that the officer was giving him.

The subject of the story with the DWI did his best to make himself the victim but he wasn't. The real victims are the PSNY. This jackass took the chance of driving drunk knowning that he could have killed someone and then when he's stopped and doesn't follow the officers orders and gets tased, he complains ? Grow up dude, take your punishment like a man.

I love the ploy for sympathy picture with the kid laying on the guys gut... typical liberal media bu**shi*

Edited by crime cop
firedude and grumpyff like this

Only wish the NYPD would let us carry Tasers. Currently, only the patrol supervisor, a sergeant or lieutenant are allowed to carry. I can think of several situations were I or the team I was working would have been justified in using a Taser. The department caves to the liberal anti-cop crowd, so we are forced to use old school methods, pepper spray, batons and other physical pain compliance methods. Sometimes these methods are not pretty, and definitely draw the attention of the video taping public.

x1243 likes this