Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ny10570

FDNY exam practice

21 posts in this topic

A black candidate for the current test that has never registered with the vulcans received an e-mail with this info. What's interesting is the city insists no one has any extra info on the tests and people should not waste their money on groups or classes claiming to offer a leg up on the test. The only place he can figure the vulcans got his email is from his exam registration. So either the vulcans are taking advantage of candidates or they actually do have extra info. So in the interest of parity and equal opportunities regardless of race...

Class schedules and locations are as follows:

Brooklyn

M.S. 35 272 MacDonough St. on the corner of Lewis Ave (A/C at Utica Ave)

Lesson Plan A Monday, February 27 th – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 1 st – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 3 rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B Monday, March 5 th – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 8 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 10 th – 11:00 a.m.

Manhattan

Taino Towers (Gym) 240 E. 123rd St. near 2nd Avenue (4/5/6 to 125th St.)

Lesson Plan A Tuesday, February 28 th – 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, February 29 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 3 rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B Monday, March 5 th – 7:00 p.m. Tuesday, March 6 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 10 th – 11:00 a.m.

Queens

M.S. 72 133-25 Guy R. Brewer Blvd Rochdale Village

Lesson Plan A Wednesday, February 29 th – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 1 st – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 3 rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B Tuesday, March 6 th – 7:00 p.m. Thursday, March 8 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 10 th – 11:00 a.m.

Staten Island

I.S. 49 101 Warren St. between Hill St. & Laurel Ave

Lesson Plan A Tuesday, February 28 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 3 rd – 11:00 a.m.

Lesson Plan B Wednesday, March 7 th – 7:00 p.m. Saturday, March 10 th – 11:00 a.m.

Because there will be so much competition for this great career, a very high score on the exam is a necessity. Give yourself a leg up by taking advantage of this opportunity.

Finally, please click here to let us know which tutorial you’d like to attend and give us your contact information so we can keep in touch with you about the hiring process. (Even if you don’t pick a tutorial session now, that’s ok - just show up at any tutoring site on any day.)

JM15, 16fire5 and sfrd18 like this

This is unreal. Who was the email from? NYC or Vulcans? I will make every effort to show up to this. I hope I'm the only white person there.

Edited by Alpinerunner
FDNY 10-75, FF398 and SageVigiles like this

This is unreal. Who was the email from? NYC or Vulcans? I will make every effort to show up to this. I hope I'm the only white person there.

I'll be the second I guess...

maybe the only residents from the city to take the test.

the email was sent by the vulcan society.

Edited by IFCO3080

Are they going to give any practice test in the Bronx?

Those were all of the dates and sites in the e-mail. It was an e-mail from the vulcans.

I inquired about this to the "Join FDNY" Facebook page and got this in response:

Hi Alex, We do not have any information about the Vulcan Society tutorial program and therefore cannot comment or provide any information about it. There will be tutorial sessions offered by the City for all candidates, info and details will be provided when available.

To their credit they answered in about an hour. I'm just really curious as to how they are doing this in public schools without city or FDNY knowledge.

$20 and I believe that covers both sessions.

The vulcans are clearly getting help. Simply the fact that candidates that never registered with the Vulcans and only minority candidates are getting the email is proof enough for me.

JM15 likes this

I hope there is a class action lawsuit when they take less qualified candidates.

Let me know how it goes!

The Staten Island dates have been canceled. All others are still on.

Atlanta Ga last week had a statement in the local press members of the Atlanta FD were busted because of answers to the exam were out before the exam was given, big trouble down there for a few!

Just like the last test I would bet my bottom dollar the Vulcan Society has the most comprehensive review classes. The Vulcan review prepared their atendees for the opinion based questions included on 6019, the classes the job gave made no mention of them. Their sessions are open to all candidates not just African Americans, I had my brother sign up for their review sessions. Take advantage of the resources available regardless of your race/ethnicity...

Several people are posting right now over on the FDNY Rant that Whites were turned away tonight at the Vulcan Training sessions!!!!!!! I'm actually glad that these a** Clowns.........I'm sorry, Vulcans....actually did this..............They just F%^Ked themselves!!!!!!

DISCRIMINATION IS DISCRIMINATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FF398 and JM15 like this

Thats bullshit. I was allowed entry and so were several other clearly white candidates. I saw no group outside Taino Towers being denied entry. The place was packed and maybe they were denied for being late or not being registered, but I didn't see any group barred at the door.

Does anyone know if you have to attend lesson plan A and B? Can you just attend one or the other? Or is different material covered between A and B ? Thank you

You need to attend both classes.

Edited by Brianjay343

Thats bullshit. I was allowed entry and so were several other clearly white candidates. I saw no group outside Taino Towers being denied entry. The place was packed and maybe they were denied for being late or not being registered, but I didn't see any group barred at the door.

I'm glad that you were admitted into the Taino Towers session, but apparently about 60 white applicants were denied entry into the Rochdale Queens session last night. I'm probably gonna take a ride out there for tonights session to see this circus act for myself. I might just wear my MERIT MATTERS t-shirt also!;)