Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BFD1054

Congrats to Robbie Bancroft of 60-Control & BHFD!

15 posts in this topic

Dispatcher Robbie Bancroft of 60-Control assisted a father over the phone to deliver a baby in their Cortlandt home.

Aside from working at 60, Robbie has been a long time Firefighter with the Bedford Hills FD.

Nice work Robbie, always nice to see positive info regarding emergency services in the news.

Also, nice work on the part of the LMFD, LMVAC, ALS, NYSP and WCPD units that responded.

Here is the link to the Journal News article:

http://www.lohud.com/article/20120321/NEWS/303210004/Special-delivery-Cortlandt-father-helps-son-s-birth

Also, congrats to the family and hope that mom and baby are doing well.

Edited by BFD1054

Congrats....the first one is the scariest....but it never gets old!

BFD1054 likes this

Awesome work, Robbie!

I heard the tones go out for the ambulance MVAC ( if this is the right one) and dispatcher was saying that they won't make it in time and that 60 control will assist them. Also PD repeated it to their officers that responded. ( If this is the right one)

Congrats and great job Robbie!

Edited by x4093k

I heard the tones go out for the ambulance ( if this is the right one) and dispatcher was saying that they won't make it in time and that 60 control will assist them. Also PD repeated it to their officers that responded. ( If this is the right one)

Congrats and great job Robbie!

It was a Mohegan job, if that helps at all.

Great job Robbie!

Great Job Robbie congrats!!!

Nice Job Robbie, You and the whole crew up at 60 do a great job. It is nice to see you guys get some credit..Keep up the good work.. B)

BFD1054 likes this

Knowing these fine professionals men and women that work at 60 control-- I am sure they would all say "just doing my job" and they all do there job in the most professional way. Robbie was in the right place at the right time, that is all a emergency worker can hope for.

Congratulations

Walter

BFD1054 likes this

He did do a nice job...but dad did most of the work and was allowed to cut the chord. (Robbie got his thanks on the phone after the job).

With all that said...this was one of those jobs where everyone who initially arrived did their job together. LMFD professional firefighters were there with back up...one was a medic who Im friends with, timely ALS arrival (hey I gotta promote myself) SP and the county unit looking at me like...get your a$$ in there and the bus arrived to move everyone to where we needed to be. Family was greatful of everyone from Rob to the HVHC staff.

BFD1054, efdcapt115 and x129K like this