Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mymack1

(Delivered) Sleepy Hollow FD Engine 87

18 posts in this topic

County: Westchester

City/Town/Municipality/Dept: Sleepy Hollow Fire Department

Unit designation/identifier: Engine 87

Chassis & Body (or Aerial) Manufacturer and model: Pierce Velocity Triple Combination Pumper (Rescue Pumper)

Pump size, tank size (water/foam), aerial type & length: 1750gpm/500gallon

Estimated delivery date: October 2012

Notes: Will replace current E87, a 1991 E-One

sfrd18 and bigmansdad like this

Firematic removed the production pics from their Facebook page (and probably their website as well) at the request of the department, which probably explains the "not found" message you got.

Hopefully they will be able to post pics of the finished product.

We are heading to Appleton WI this week for final inspection.

Pictures will be posted upon delivery.

She arrived today in the Village!

All are welcome to come tomorrow or Saturday during the block party and Haunted Hayride to see her. She will be parked at Beekman and Lawrence both evenings. We wish to show the public their new fire engine.

The photo above was taken on Monday right before she left Wisconsin.

On behalf of Columbia Hose Co. #3 and the truck committee, I wish to publicly thank the Sleepy Hollow Board of Trustees and the residents of the Village for their support in the acquisition of the truck. We hope that they are all as proud of her as I am. I also want to specifically thank Chief John Korzelius and Chief Driver Jack Tornello for all of their efforts.

We hope to have here in service in about a month. If you would like to know anything about her, feel free to contact me.

-Captain Carlos Romero

Columbia Hose Co. #3

Engine 87

Edited by losromero
firedude, x4093k, calhobs and 3 others like this

SHARP lookin' rig! Best of luck with it.

Any plans for a wetdown or public dedication next spring?

the truck was delivered and will be placed in service mid November per Sleepy Hollow Website I'm going to miss seeing the old Columbia going down the road.

I may be out of line here but has there been any consideration by the village to donate the old pumper to one of the storm effected departments in NY or NJ?

JM15, jack10562 and EmsFirePolice like this

The Village is in the process of doing that.

Nice! Thanks for the info!

This changes my view of Sleepy Hollow FD by a lot. That is a very smart move and will bring up their reputation. Good move SHFD, keep up the great work!

Our Village trustees need to be thanked for approving the gift of our former Engine 87 to Broad Channel. Instead of only looking at how we can get more money, they decided to do the right thing to help fellow New Yorkers. Mutual aid is not merely helping a neighboring department when they have a large fire. It is also looking to help others in any way possible. We deployed Engine 86 and a crew for three days to the Woodmere FD on Long Island three weeks ago. I am proud to have served on that crew. It's like my Scouts say, "...to help other people at all times."