x635

New FDNY Battalion's With Spacekap

15 posts in this topic

These new rigs are shitty with the slid out tray equipment always gets stuck behind it and in some houses you can't slide the tray out. The excursions were a big hit and were well liked curious to see how these new ones are with the space bubble on it do

firedude and x4093k like this

Does Chevy not make a diesel Suburban anymore?

Nope, thats why they went with the Ford Excusion in the first place.

Westfield12 likes this

Nope, thats why they went with the Ford Excusion in the first place.

If I am not mistaken, didn't Ford make both types (Diesel & Gas) for the Excursion? Does GMC even make diesel for the new Sierras?

Edited by x4093k
Westfield12 likes this

IIRC, from a friend who worked at FDNY Fleet Services when they switched to the Excusion, it was available in either diesel or gas, but FDNY wanted diesel to make it easier to fuel (not have maintain gas pumps and tanks). That was the year that Chevy stopped making diesel suburbans. The Sierra is available with a Duramax Diesel and the upgrade transmission (Allison), however I think you can only get that with a dual rear end.

Edited by grumpyff
Westfield12 likes this

These new rigs are shitty with the slid out tray equipment always gets stuck behind it and in some houses you can't slide the tray out.

I had heard that this was an issue with the first generation of this style of Battalion cars, that's why they went with the SpaceKap for the second generation.....are these also posing an issue as well?

Westfield12 likes this

IIRC, from a friend who worked at FDNY Fleet Services when they switched to the Excusion, it was available in either diesel or gas, but FDNY wanted diesel to make it easier to fuel (not have maintain gas pumps and tanks). That was the year that Chevy stopped making diesel suburbans. The Sierra is available with a Duramax Diesel and the upgrade transmission (Allison), however I think you can only get that with a dual rear end.

Can be had with single wheels as I have had one for 5 years now.

Can be had with single wheels as I have had one for 5 years now.

Not the new ones such as the new Sierras that they have as Battalion vehicles.

It is a shame that Ford stopped making the Excursion in '05. The thing is a beast. I have a gas version and love it. Upgraded from a suburban. Only issue (aside from the mpg) is you do have a stiffer ride but as a vehicle it is definitely built to last.

I was talking about the ones we have now. Not the ones with the space kap.

I don't think you can get the diesel without the Allison, or at least, looks that way on the website