x129K

I hate that this site.....

10 posts in this topic

I hate that this site has become a "cut and paste" of links to newspaper articles.

Sure, we all check the local rags to see who has been to J O B S and stories associated with emergency services, so we all see them most of the time anyways...but what happened to actual e-conversations?

And where the F is George!? ;)

I hate that this site has become a "cut and paste" of links to newspaper articles.

Sure, we all check the local rags to see who has been to J O B S and stories associated with emergency services, so we all see them most of the time anyways...but what happened to actual e-conversations?

And where the F is George!? ;)

Absolutely. One thing I personally do not like is when I create an IA, and then someone PM's with a link to "the media" and doesnt say anything else. I never add any links to my IA's anymore.

I asked about George a couple of weeks ago.. http://www.emtbravo.net/index.php/topic/47414-efdcapt115/ (sorry for the link.. LOL)

Have been searching for George for weeks... Not having much luck, never seem to remember what I'm looking for after leaving the dock...

Posted Image

Someone will post a link to his whereabout sometime soon I imagine.

As soon as there is a newspaper article that can be quoted. :D

(This is a general statement, and is NOT directed at anyone in particular. As you can see, it's in my signature)

This community is what you make of it. You have a choice. Sit back and complain about the site.. Or start fresh, new, interesting topics. Invite people to participate in the forums. Post your photos. Reinvigorate the community. This site is based on member driven content, and you're in the drivers seat.

We all got sick of bitching about career versus volunteer departments

I'm sick of BS bashing and bitching too but intelligent, rational discussions about critical things like the future of our emergency services need to happen. To say that a department who can't get out the door needs to address it by paying personnel or a career department needs to reduce its budget by augmenting staffing with properly trained and qualified volunteers is "bashing" is very narrow-minded.

Are there members here with an agenda? Sure, just like in every firehouse or EMS station! Get over it! We're all entitled to different opinions and if we can't exchange them without crying about it, we're never going to see anything improve. We just endured one of the most contentious elections in recent memory - at several levels, not just the presidency - but we're still all working side by side regardless of who we voted for. Why can't we simply agree to disagree, respect someone else for having a different opinion than ourselves and move on?

Seriously, political correctness and fear of offending anyone and everyone has stifled some very important dialogue. All you have to do is look at the municipal budget crises to see that we are approaching a cliff also and will soon be facing people with torches and pitchforks demanding changes and savings and accountability. If you'd rather just discuss apparatus chevrons, flashing lights, and post, and post and repost nonsense, carry on.

[/rant]

I must add, I don't read every paper and magazine every day, so it's nice to come on here and find pertinent articles and not have to go to several other sites. Also, many good discussions have started from the articles posted.

Disaster_Guy likes this