Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

Fairview (Dutchess) House Fire with Rescues

13 posts in this topic

Firefighters rescue 2 people, 1 pet from building

HYDE PARK — Firefighters rescued two people and one pet from a home with a basement fire in the town early this morning, authorities said.

Fairview firefighters were dispatched to a structure fire on Yates Avenue in Hyde Park at 12:55 a.m. today. Firefighters were told there was a person who was possibly trapped inside the building, said district fire Chief Chris Maeder.

From Poughkeepsie Journal

http://www.poughkeep...&nclick_check=1

From www.midhudsonnews.com

http://www.midhudson...re-16Nov12.html

Great job!

Bnechis and BFD1054 like this

Yet another embattled department in the same town/city area doing extraordinary work with minimal to barely there manpower. No matter how bad the journal and the vocal minority try to cut us down we always get the job done. Nice job guys.

JetPhoto, x129K, BFD1054 and 1 other like this

Correct sir!

Well as many have said on the Book of Face, outstanding job. With such dangerous manpower levels, it is NO joke effecting rescues before a hoseline could even think about being put into service. Bravo.

And the Snow Terrace run = Even better than the rescues IMHO. ;)

PC_420 likes this

Yet another embattled department in the same town/city area doing extraordinary work with minimal to barely there manpower. No matter how bad the journal and the vocal minority try to cut us down we always get the job done. Nice job guys.

And had AFD's reported basement fire been an actual J O B, things would have gotten very interesting last night.

Never ceases to amaze me what some departments can do with the manpower they have. Tip of the helmet to Fairview.

Never ceases to amaze me what some departments can do with the manpower they have. Tip of the helmet to Fairview.

and there in lies the problem. What do you need more guys for? You're doing fine with what you got.

Life before property, ALWAYS. But after the life is saved, well, we did what we could with what we have.

and there in lies the problem. What do you need more guys for? You're doing fine with what you got.

Life before property, ALWAYS. But after the life is saved, well, we did what we could with what we have.

So we shouldn't have put out the fire?

Of course we'll put the fire out. But how spent were those guys after the rescue. Don't put your men at risk to do it. If the building has to burn

down, so be it. Maybe then, the citizenry and the powers that be will realize that firefighting is labor intensive. You can have all the latest and

greatest equipment, but if you don't have the manpower to utilize that equipment, it's useless. I'm not going to put my people at risk to try and

save something the insurance company will probably write off and knock down within a week.

JM15 likes this

I'm not going to put my people at risk to try and save something the insurance company will probably write off and knock down within a week.

Best line in that paragraph.. remember its only a building it can't make up for the missed holidays and memories with your families!!

Bnechis likes this