Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

Eastchester PD New Dodge Chargers w/ New Paint Scheme

10 posts in this topic

Appears Eastchester PD has taken delivery of two new Dodge Chargers and two new Ford Police Interceptors (old style) with a new paint scheme.

post-11-0-69850700-1369779690.jpg

post-11-0-56712100-1369779811.jpg

interesting to see so many department go back to the old "black & white" paint scheme. Definitely one of the sharper jobs I have seen so far. Also some nice clear pictures.

its Auxiliary Police

4 brand new cars with no Auxillary markings anywhere are for the Auxillary Police???

4 brand new cars with no Auxillary markings anywhere are for the Auxillary Police???

They're not brand new. Those are the old style chargers, former Tuckahoe PD. I think they got a grant or something.

Edited by 27east

Yup, EPD Aux... The patch on the front fenders is the Aux PD patch. They also have an Excursion and one of EVAC's old buses as a command center.

Don't want to steer the thread away from the pictures but how large is their auxilliary unit and based on a fleet size like that, multiple RMPs, an SUV and CP, what are their duties? Seems to be a little more than just traffic control at parades. Sounds like a rather large team. Anyone with insight?

In addition to what PEMO3 said...

I was in Eastchester the other day, and I saw the cops driving old beat up Crown Vic's with a dated graphics scheme. So when I saw these cars, I was happy for them. Someone please tell me that the career officers are getting nicer cars as well!