FDNY 10-75

Apparatus photos from NYSAFC FIRE 2013 Expo

42 posts in this topic

I need a lake assault boat!! Great shots!

great shots as always, thanks for sharing

Nice! That North Collins ambulance has a weird color scheme. I also like the Copenhagen tanker and the Schuyler Heights ladder.

Deleted: I was thinking Milton.

Edited by SageVigiles

Very nice shots as usual, Eli!

Great pics.

My department is looking for a new ambulance either this year or next. I have noticed many newer ambulances like the ones shown here, have gone to multiple lights on the front of the box instead of a light bar.

It would seem to me that you lose a lot of side and intersection warning, especially at a multi-lane intersections where fender/corner lights may be blocked by other vehicles.

Anyone have some insight? (sorry to go off topic, if I am)

Danger likes this

Smwells - lightbars are over priced. the individual lights are less maintenance

Eli, Definitely great shots considering there was very limited room to take shots.

Great photos as usual. I actually passed L59 heading down I-81 this afternoon and wondered what the heck they were doing in Central New York, now I know haha.

I'm not a fan of the flush lights. I agree that you lose light to the sides. Is there science to this? Doubt it. Don't think anyone has done a study on emergency vehicle crashes and location, types and amount of lighting when it relates to the crash.

As for cost being an issue, you pay per light. So if you get a whole row of flush lights AND a lightbar, yes you pay more. A lightbar in and of itself won't cost more. Getting five flush LEDs on the box and no bar. Yup, cheaper. Two box lights and a six or eight LED bar. About the same. I know this because I just sat with the salesman and talked prices and options of lights as we speced a new ambulance.

And maintenance? Where did you come up with that? LED light bars are no more intensive on maintenance than lights.

FDNY 10-75 likes this