Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JetPhoto

The passing of Paramedic Irene Gremmert 6/28/13 (Online Condolence Card)

19 posts in this topic

The hearts of the entire EMS community are with the family of Irene Gremmert at this time of loss. Irene was an amazing mentor, marine, preceptor, paramedic, but most of all an amazing friend to many of us. Rest easy we will take it from here.

post-3712-0-89697400-1372518263.jpg

Edited by firemoose827
Corrected MOS' name to Gremmert.
gklein4, EdAngiolillo and grumpyff like this

R.I.P.

Please excuse my ignorance and feel free not to answer. How did she pass?

RIP Irene,

Thank you for your time and training. God Bless You and your family. You will be missed!

R.I.P. Irene. May her family find comfort in knowing that like her life her passing has touched so many.

post-957-0-75179800-1372548660.jpg

Today I have learned that a true legend has passed away after a long battle with Cancer. Her name is Irene Gremmert and she was a paramedic I had the honor and privilege to work with. For many of us in the Emergency Medical Service community she was at times a "Mom" to all of us. Irene had one of the most important skills that someone in EMS can have. Empathy. She could empathize with her patients and understand where they were coming from. She had an unmistakable laugh that was infectious spreading smiles far and wide. I will remember cleaning ambulances, amazing response times, the art of listening to Iron Maiden while driving to a call, and having fun at work because life is too short and to demanding to let work bog you down.I will miss you Irene. May you rest in peace and look over us as we go out there and do work.

Edited by firemoose827
corrected her name here too
firefighter36, grumpyff and BFD1054 like this

Rest in Peace Irene.

REST IN PEACE PARAMEDIC GREMMERT

Edited by firemoose827
corrected her name here too

I found out about this last night only a few hours after asking someone how she was doing. I had the privilege of being precepted and working alongside Irene during my time at Alamo. I happened to catch her maybe two years ago while crossing paths at WMC ER, brought back a lot of great memories from likely the most memorable years of EMS in my career. I really am sorry to hear that she has passed - she was such a nice person and a great practitioner. May she be in eternal peace.

BFD1054 likes this

AGAIN ONE OF THE GOOD DIE TOO YOUNG AND THE SCUM OF THE EARTH LIVE ON!!!!! RIP!!!

RIP.

Irene Gremmert ....

I corrected the original post to reflect the real spelling of her name, as well as some of the responses out of respect for her.

It was the spelling given to us by a report, so let me know if this is the correct spelling please.

May you rest in peace Irene, you are no longer in pain or discomfort...go with god now.