Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Introduce Yourself!

325 posts in this topic

hello my name is vinny aka (the buff) :twisted: :twisted: i'm 18 i live in new rochelle and i've been involed in EMS for 2 years and i just became an EMT-B i enjoy helping people in there time of need and i wish i would of seen the forum earler. i'm wirting this so late i guess better late than never :tetter:

Hey whats going on everyone, my name is Ray, Earz, Roy depends on who your asking, and Im from Mt. Kisco FD. Ive been arround the fire house my whole life, but I recently became a member of the Independent Fire Company. Ive been a member of MKVAC for about 2 years now. I am now enrolled in the Fire Fighter 1 class which is going on at the County, which will be ending at the end of June.

Hello this is pat also known as PFDSNAPSHOT i just want to say 635 great job wiht this new section and i hopr that it works our to be even better than the other one lol as far as introducing my self my name is pat im 16 i live in peekskill and i am the PFD, AND PCVAC Photographer and i am in the Peekskill youth ambulance corp. my dad is 2nd lieut at centennial hose in peekskill, that is were we both belong to. and thats about it.

Hello all my name is izz, i am from Brooklyn and work in bergen county NJ, i always listen to 15 scanners and i love listening to westchester county (i actually listen to radios for work).

**635** awesoem job pal :P , keep it up. if i can be help please let me know

:P My name is Keith, aka Alarmroom, Retired FF from Hartford,CT and currently the communications director for a local community.

Always been fascinated with the Yonkers, Mt Vernon, White Plains and New Rochelle departments that operate wihtin the shadows of the Big Apple, and probabley doing as much work as them.

I am instested in all of the radio changes that are taking place in Westchester County with the movement to UHF (I am also a techinal advisor to CT Interoperabilty Committe) I see that many departments going to the UHF Port Chester, Purchase, Katonah, New Rochelle, Hartsdale. Would interested in obtaining when they go on line and the PL of the same.

Formed many of the Photograhers and Buff clubs in the Hartford area amd ran the fire service newsletter for the state "The Alarm Room News" for over twenty (20) years.

I also collect apparatus listings and station locations for the above department.

I am a railroad buff also so travelling the NEC is on my agenda.

I think this site is great, keep up the good work!

Also never forget 9-11-01!

hello all im angelo,im 24 from port chester.i am curently the captain of rescue 40 of the port chester fire dept,a fast team member ,and a decon trailer member.and also the first dept driver of the port chester fire dept for ladder 31 i have been in my company for almost 6 years,getting ready to get out as captain,was also a lt for 3 years.i grew up in the fire house with most of my family also being firefighters. as we stand right now there are 5 members of my family that belong to fire patrol and rescue of port chester.

Brothers,

I was a firefighter LT & Capt for the Truck in Port Chester, I was a firefighter with the Sound Beach Fire Department, and worked PC, Metro North, Empress EMS before leaving for the Mile High Area.

I am a career firefighter with the Castle Rock Fire Dept assigned to our Truck with a pump! I've been here since 2000 and am a Lead instructor for our 14 week Recruit School, Technical Rescue, & Rapid Intervention.

GNS

Hi i name is Tom O'Brien i changed my user name to irishfire2491 I am as of now a Youth member out of Cortlandt VAC 8878 and member at Verplanck fire department 8378. Looking into doing all that i can to be the most active member in both groups EMS and Fire. I am still in school with less than a years to go as i look in to Law Enforcement as my future job. FIRE,EMS,and LAW ENFORCEMENT what more can you ask for.

My name is Mike. I live in Walden NY (Orange County). I'm a Sr. @ Valley Central High School in Montgomery NY. I'm a member of Orange Hose Co. 1 of the Walden Fire Department and The Town of Montgomery Ambulance Corps. I'm currently enrolled in the EMT-B class.

hello everyone, my name is steve and im a career firefighter/hazmat tech with the City of Griffin FD in GA. I have been a vol firefighter with the East Fishkill FD (Dutchess) since 1993 til i left in late 2004. Over the years in EF, I served as 2nd LT, 1st LT and as the Truck LT along with being an EMT and on most of the special ops teams in the district. I am a nationally certified Firefighter 1 and a nationally certified Hazmat Tech along with a bunch of NY certs. Ive always had a strong draw to the fire dept ever since i was born since my grandfather was a career firefighter with the City of Peekskill. You wouldnt think there is a differnece in fire depts state to state but i gotta say NY fire depts are the best fire depts and i cant wait to move back and be with my brothers in the East Fishkill FD and hopefully continue as a career firefighter somewhere in westchester, dutchess or the surrounding areas. see you hopefully very soon.

Edited by gafire2106

My name is Ken. I am memebr of Mohegan FD for the past 11 years. Currently 3rd lieutenant. Car 2267 is my callsign. I work for a private aircraft charter company at Westchester County Airport. Spent 4.5 years in the Navy as an aviation hydraulic mechanic working on f-14 tomcats. Working on my private pilots license. Love doing the truck work at working fires.

Hi there, I am the Blue Eyed Weirdo, AKA The Rock and Roll Supervisor, AKA Jimmy Blue Eyes. I am a supervising fire dispatcher with the FDNY (9 years in April). I am a former explorer/FF-EMT with Lake Carmel, FD. (1987-1998) I'm 32 and a sometimes FDNY and LA County buff. I do apparatus photography(although I'm still learning) and will help out with any FDNY questions when it comes to communications.

Hello Everyone. My name is Dino, Asst. Chief(2163) Harrison Fire Department.

My name is Tommy and a community activist-buff from Yonkers for 100 years.

Also work as a film extra in NYC.

Happy New Year to all.

Hey everyone... My name is Joe and i am a 4th generation volunteer in Purchase. I have been in the dept on and off for about 4 years. My great grandfather Rocco DelMastro was the first chief in Purchase in 1938. (a little Purchase history for you). My father was just recently elected to Chief (2411) this past election in January for his 3rd term. I became an EMT-B over the summer and recently applied down in the city to FDNY-EMS... just a little bit about me..

Hi Chris...

Edited by JBJ1202

Hello

My name is Brian I am a member of the East Fishkill Fire District in Dutchess County, I am currently attending school up in rochester at RIT.

Chris498, you're in denial. You've been in 12 years. I, as your younger brother, am starting year 10 with Katonah.

I'm Scott from Katonah, soon to be ex-Captain. I'm 27 and have been a firefighter in Katonah and Goldens Bridge for a total of 12 years.

hi my name is steve aka {rat} from port chester i been a member for 5 years just got in as 2nd lieutenant for my company i work for the village of port chester and i love to buff fires and take pictures p.s i love this site

I AM NOT to be confused with capt 32, although he was my relief for years with the Greenville FD. My name is Rob Kerr, a career capt. with the dept. since 3/79. I'm also a CFI for the county DES and some of you may know me from the training center. And I AM NOT my twin brother, Bruce.

Hello All, I'm Graham a.k.a. BedfordFire, a junior with the Bedford Fire Department. I am also can be referred to as the "fire geek" as well as the "apparatus buff". Joining the fire department was one of the best decisions ever!

Greetings all :(

Andy Mancusi

Chief...Hawthorne FD

Former member Pleasantville FD and Vac

Fulltime Correction Officer

Part time SFI and CFI at Westchester DES

Married and proud father of my 13 year old wrestler, football and baseball player.

I am a Yankee and Giant fan. I also enjoy boxing.

I enjoy this site and look forward to sharing views with you all. :D

Hello everyone,

My name is Brian and Im not in a Westchester County dept but I volunteer with the Cobleskill FD upstate ny. I was introduced to the sight by my father-in-law who is career with the Portchester fd, and my brother-in-law who is also in the portchester fd rescue 40. This is a great sight and I look forward to learning a lot from you all.

I was a junior in Northport Long Island for four years, than moved upstate and joined Richmondville FD for 11 years where I served one year as Lieutenant. I am now in Cobleskill FD for the past 2 years and I am a FF2 and currently recerting my EMT-D. I am also a Haz-Mat Tech.

I am married since October 1, 05, and we are currently pregnant with our first!!

Everyone stay safe and hope to meet you all eventually. :D

Brian Jones ( Jonesy, Moose.)

Cobleskill Fire Department.

Rich

Career Firefighter/Paramedic

Arlington Fire District, Dutchess County

hi everybody my name is dave or on aolpops404 great web site keep it rolling i am interseted in the fire service due to my family ties i have relatives who are presentlyon the job in da vern or who have retired fdmv topics are of interest to me as a kid i grew up in white plains anybody with trivia or history about wppd&wpfd i really enjoy hope to hear from you all :blink:

hi everybody my name is dave or on aolpops404 great web site keep it rolling i am interseted in the fire service due to my family ties i have relatives who are presentlyon the job in da vern or who have retired fdmv topics are of interest to me as a kid i grew up in white plains anybody with trivia or history about wppd&wpfd i really enjoy hope to hear from you all

Hi I am Patrick. I am an explorer with the Port Chester and Rye firedeparments (the reason for my site name). I am 17 I will be 18 in March. I hope to join one of the Rye engine comanpies when I turn 18. I have all ways be into fire fighting becuasemy dad was an FDNY firefighter. I hope to one day be a paid firefighter in Rye.

Howdy y'all!

Name's Phil I'm one of those surly Empress medics. Also holin' it down in Lewisboro.

Whats up everybody my name is Bobby Trace AKA FOREMAN1923 im a member of mahopac falls vfd im also a paid Emt for Philipstown vac

My name is Jared, i volunteer @ Larchmont VAC. Sophmore @ Marist College - studying Political Science/History. Waiting to hear from FDNY EMS, Westchester EMS and Empress EMS. I help out over at WCC with the spring/summer EMT courses during skill nights and testing out during the practical. Considering enrollment in WCC Paramedic program after 2008 graduation.