Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Introduce Yourself!

325 posts in this topic

Hello to everyone. My name is Dan Rode and I currently am a firefighter/E.M.T.-D for the City of Milwaukee Fire Department. I have been on the job for four years and also am a member of our Haz-Mat and Dive Rescue Teams. I am a huge FDNY, Chicago, Philly, Boston, Baltimore, and Detroit fan. I am big into firefighting history and have been a Code 3 Collectibles collector since the beginning in 1997. I am currently studying to take the Lt.'s test which should be next year, we'll see how that goes. I am currently am assigned to Tower Ladder 2 which is located in the western half of the Downtown Milwaukee. Our first-response area consists of high-rises, theaters, colleges, museums, federal buildings and the Milwaukee River. If your ever in the cheese state and make it to Milwaukee, look me up.

Hi i name is Tom O'Brien I am as of now a Youth member out of Cortlandt VAC and soon to be a member at Verplanck fire department come April. Looking into doing all that i can to be the most active member in both groups EMS and Fire. I am still in school with 2 years to go as i look in to Law Enforcement as my future job. FIRE,EMS,and LAW ENFORCEMENT what more can you ask for.

everyone else made theres long so ill keep it short.........

im doug p (aka gofer to some....doug-e-fresh by others) BHFD JR corp....soon to be going into 57truck

My Name is Art. I'm a FF/EMT in Croton, and the Engineer (Chief Driver) of Engine 119. If you haven't guessed I am also 648.

Hi all, I' Chris R, I am an ExChief and 41 year member FD of Croton Falls FD. Joined in 1963 when we had Junior members who could perform almost all functions of senior members. We still take members at 16 but with OSHA and Education Laws there are a few more restrictions than there were last Century when I was a kid, but at that we don't have half the restrictions that the Juniors and Explorers have today. We call them provisional FF's or FF in training but there are a LOT of things they can do at scenes. I must say we have been VERY fortunate to have the kids we have- NO problems with discipline,behavior or maturity. These guys and girls are better than some of our current officers. OK enough babble I shut up now. Great site Keep up the good work, Seth

Anyone who would like a permanent bio, outside of the forum, feel free to e-mail me, I can put as many as wanted on my website.

Here's me-

NAME: Eli D. Gill

SCREEN NAME ON THE BOARDS: FDNY 10-75

E-MAIL: fbiguy946@earthlink.net

BIRTH DATE: October 03, 1989

AIM SN: FDNY 5Th ALARM

INTERESTS: Hazmat, Die cast, Kit bashing, Computer Programming, teaching, web design

MORE: I enjoy kit bashing and collecting model fire apparatus. I keep most of my apparatus in my "model fire company" it has 5 stations, and the rigs in it are constantly changing. The rest of my die cast goes on a table with shelves or in to a display case I hand crafted in my school shop. I love to chat and post on the message board, and work on my website. I also love taking photos of fire apparatus (espcially FDNY, and NYPD SOD)

Http://www.10-75.tk

Hi. My name is Brian. I'm 17 and a volunteer with the Greenville Fire Dept. I've been a member of GFD since 6/04. I am a freshman at the University of Newhaven in Connecticuit. I am majoring in Arson Investigation.

Hi,

My name is Orlando Ramos. I work for a company called Code 3 Collectibles and I run the Research & Development department for our Fire/Rescue line. I am also a photographer for the Los Angeles Fire Department on my spare time. I am 33 years old, been married 5 years and have a wonderful 9 month old son named Hunter.

I think Seth will want your autograph.... :D

I think Seth has his autograph.

Hello eveyone my name is dave i am a member of the Cortlandt Engine Co Montrose Fire Dept and a member of the Cortlandt Community Ambulance Corps i am also a new member of the city of peekskill ambulance coprs so nice to talking to you :roll: =D> :peace:

My Name is James and I'm from the Village of Mamaroneck. Just Joined EMTBravo a few months ago. I enjoy reading what everyone has to say even when I dont agree with it.

I am currently commuting to college in Norwalk. I am employed by Brewer Hardware in the Village.

My father is involved with the FD for 40 years next year. He always yold me that I would get most of my training on mutual aid to other depts. I have learned a lot from everyone on this site as well.

Hi...My name is Joe, I'm a member of Washington E&H in Port Chester. I've been a member for 2 years and an explorer for 5 years. I work for Precision Marine in New Rochelle as a mechanic. Good job to everyone on the site...it always keeps me up to date around the county.

My name is Doug Cacciola, I signed up after the tanker fire earlier in the month in Briarcliff. I'm the current Captain of the Briarcliff Fire Company.

The e in my screen name is for "empty" - Not my head! - I ran an ambulance out of fuel on the SMRP returning from a transport to Albany a few years back. So Doug-E was bestowed as a result. Maybe it is my head... #-o

I'm involved in the fire service for 31 years. '73 - '90 a volunteer with the FDMV. (Those were the days 8) )Former Captain of Eng. Co. 6, '76 to '77. With the BMFD since '94. Between '90 and '94 I had no FD affiliation as the volunteer service was phased out in Mt. V. PDT_Armataz_25

I always lose hours on this site. Tons of good stuff.

By the way, I have pictures of all BMFD apparatus. I'll send it on shortly.

"Go slow; stay low"

Hi: my name is joe (joe vig) and I am currently a member with the Lake Carmel FD in putnam cty and was a paid man in Eastchester and also was a firebuff in NYC for quite a while until I move to this area and would like to know how I can help with anything in the network?

Hello,

My name is Steve. I am a past member of the New Hackensack VFD,

and I am an Electrical Engineer by trade. I would like to get back into my local FD again.

I also serve on the Indian Point Nuclear Station Fire Brigade.

Basically, I am what you could call a "buff", although my principal interest is in modeling fire apparatus rather than photographing them.

Hi my name is Elia

I am a member and an Officer of the Pelham Manor Volunteer Company. I am waiting to get a position as a paid guy, hopefully in Pelham Manor. I have a BS in Business and am currently a Medical Assistant in Scarsdale. I Have been in the fire service for about 5 years now. I am the guy who is in charge of the beer at the quarters for social events and for meetings.

Hey Guys,

My name is Andrew. I am a junior at Sleepy Hollow HS. I am a NYS Certified First Responder. I am the Captain of the Tarrytown VAC Junior Corps. I been a member there since I was 14. I am also the Lieutenant of the Greenburgh Police Explorers. I hope to become a police officer in the future. Hopefully, I can attend John Jay College of Criminal Justice after HS.

I look forward to talking to everyone.

Hello, My name is Steve. I reside in Rockland County. I am currently a member of the Thiells FD, aka- David B. Roche Vol. Fire Co.

Approx. 10 years ago I was active in the Spring Valley Fire Dept. and held the rank of Lieutenant. I am also a retired Detective from the NYPD. I grew up as a kid in Yonkers, so I have knowledge and interest in the YFD.

Hey there,

My name is Alex and I live in Yorktown Heights. I started out in the Yorktown VAC youth group where i was 2nd and then 1st lieutenant, then headed over to YHFD last spring. I joined their Junior Corps and eventually became the first JC to move up into the Fire Department. I am still involved over at the VAC and currently hold a CFR licence. Currently I attened college in sunny Daytona Beach at Embry-Riddle Aernautical Univeristy where i volunteer at Volusia County Fire Deparment with hopes to recive my FF1 on the side.

My name is Steve, I have been a member for ten years and a Past Captain of the Bethel Fire Dept(Ct) I currently live in Myrtle Beach SC. I am Police Officer with Coastal Carolina University here in Conway

I am Matt of Peekskill, and although I am not a firefighter,[not old enough], I have grown up around the fire department my whole life.

yo whats up

im chris, aka stick, 18, from elmsford, were i ride with the 2 engines. been a junior for 2 years then moved up. love to take pictures of rigs, specialy fdny. Long live ten house!

hey wats up

im charlie 20, in the PORT CHESTER FIRE DEPT HARRY HOWARD HOOK AND LADDER L31 TL2 ive been in 2 yrs going on 3 before i joined i wwas with the explorer post for 5 i work for the village of rye brook highway dept other sn BACKUPAT24

g'day all name is george am a firefighter of 20 years(yes i no a dinosaur)in sydney australia,spent 12 years in some of the cities busiest stations and the last 8 in fire comms(dispatch)cool site and its good to see how we may be on different sides of the planet but being a firefighter is pretty much the same everywhere.

hey i just joined this site, I'm tim from glenville in greenwich, I've been an explorer at sound beach vfd for a year now

Hello my name is Cathleen Malone, I am an interior fire fighter for Elmsofrd FD and I will be taking my EMT test really soon.. I have been in the dept for almost 2 years, but I have been around the fire department my whole life. I am a dispatcher for a corporate limo company and I am a full time student studying Criminal Justice, about to get my associates degree.

Hey all emergency service buffs!!! It's all good, I'm one too.. Well, I am a member of various agencies, such as Croton FD, I serve as 1st Lieut. Washington Engine 119/Tanker 10 and also EMT-I. I also spend my time volunteering with Cortlandt VAC. To pay the bills I am also career Firefighter Montrose VAFD where I serve as dept training officer. You can say I love the service, and take it seriously!!

Seth although I don't really know you, the site you have created is awesome. Good luck, and continue your success, and keep some time to handle this site!! 119 is where it's at!!

Hi I've been here a while, I have a few names (Bipolar and all) so I will not make you learn all of them. I have a ton of free time at work and a computer, well the pleasure was all yours reading this, later

Hello, the name is Toro - and those of you who know me, know why I'm called that. :wink:

I'm a member of Croton FD, and an all around buff.