Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EMTbravo

Introduce Yourself!

325 posts in this topic

Hi All,

My name is Grant Quinlan, I am a Career Firefighter with 17years service with the NSW Fire Brigades in Sydney, Australia.

A pen friend (Hank) who is a Member of the Katonah Volunteer Fire Department put me onto this web site to keep up to date with firefighting news/happenings in his part of the world.

Hobbies: Firefighting, 4WDing, Amateur Radio, my children’s sport activities, St.John Ambulance.

Hey all, Terry G here from Easton, PA. Yes, I know, its a bit far from Westchester. Im a Firefighter/Paramedic with Forksfire, www.forksfire.com , and work as a NREMT-P for Medic9 Paramedic Services in Northampton County PA. Of all the Fire/Rescue/EMS related websites out there EMTBravo is by far the best I have seen. Looking forward to some of the upcomming spring/summer parades. Heep up the good work. Hopefully you will post some of my Northampton County photo hunt stuff when I send in!

Hey everyone, I'm Adam from Larchmont. I'm a FF/EMT with the Town of Mamaroneck Fire Department. Currently, I'm a junior attending Lafayette College in Easton, PA and have been volunteering with Forksfire since freshman year. As you can see I've been spreading the good word on EMTBravo all the way to Northampton County, PA. Look out for some maisela/Intubator photo hunt material from PA in the near future.

Currently On The Job City Of Newburgh New York ( The 6Th Borough ) ...... Volunteer Cornwall On Hudson New York.....

Hi...I'm Sam...short for Samantha, I am an EMT-B down here in Mamaroneck and I also work upstate full time for Mobile Life Support Services. Right now I am attending Iona College and in the summers, I dispatch Saugerties PD upstate.

*For those of you who do not know where Saugerties is, it is the town next to Woodstock*

Hi, I'm Andy. Age depends on who you ask (don't ask.....LOL!). I live in the Battalion 1 area of Orange County. Mainly an apparatus photographer/buff, but I have been known to take in an actual job now and then.

Always been into big trucks ever since I was a kid, so once the firefighting stepfather came into the picture, it was a natural that I'd take a liking to fire apparatus.

Spend my summer weekends on the road, camera in tow. Any wetdowns, parades, or truck shows within a 2-hour drive, chances are, I'm there. Pretty much worn out North Jersey, so I signed up here hoping to get some info on Westchester and/or Long Island events.

Once wetdown season's over, I'm usually busy watching wrestling, or collecting die-cast trucks.

You know, I never introduced myself

Joe Navin here

Member and soon to be Past Captain of the Charters Hose Company No. 4 of Ansonia, CT (New Haven County)

ALso Member of the Seymour Ambulance association and Ansonia Rescue

Former C-MED New Haven and current CSP dispatcher

EMT, FF-II, EMD, HazMat Ops, ect.

FUNGI and like long walks on the beach :P

Sorry had to and some humor there. Glad to be a part of this forum. Thanks all.

Edited by IzzyEng4

Hi there. I'm Tom from Orange county. I've been an EMT for 8 years and I worked for Empress, Mobile Life Support, and now currently with Alamo EMS.

Thomas A. Schifini, Jr.

East Fishkill Fire Department - Company #3

Firefighter/Ex-2nd Lieutenant

My name is John I started my career as a volunteer firefighter 33 years ago in Purchase, NY. Some PFD history; my grandfather, John Batista Mariano, was on the first board of fire commissioners and also served as a firefighter under the command of Rocco Delmastro (grandfather of current chief Joe Brefere and great grandfather of JBJ1202). My father Lou Mellardo Sr. served as chief for 6 non-consecutive years and my brother Lou Jr. also served as chief for 2 years. I left Purchase and moved to Trumbull, CT. 23 years ago where I am currently a member of the Long Hill Volunteer Fire Department. I am also a commissioner for the Long Hill Fire District.

My fire company's website is; www.longhillfd.com

I am Matt from Katonah I will have a year in the department in April. I joined as soon as I could. I was going on calls even before I was a member. As soon as my 16th birthday was in about 2 months I got my application and handed it in. I got voted on at the monthly meeting in April and went down that night for the annual meeting. My dad is an ex-chief and will have 34 years in the department this October.

Edited by kfd-exchief

my name is andrew and i'm a college student. i'm currently a volunteer ff over at greenville and a mutual aid member at ae crandall hook and ladder. i joined ae crandall as a member about 4 years ago and was a former lieutenant of engine 1. before i left, i was a driver (both engine and ambulance)/pump operator/interior ff. in early 2005 i left ae crandall to join with my hometown fire department (greenville). the only downside is that i can't ride in the fire trucks anymore. :D

Hey guys My name is Bubby Carlson. I was with the ossining fire department for 18 1/2 years and now I am currently with the West Harrison Fire Department, New times, New beginings for me, hard to let go. So i'm here to make friends. good luck to all.

Hello All. I am Doug. I am Captain of Chester VAC in Orange County. I have been a member of CVAC for 12 years. I have also been a member of Chester FD for the past 16 years. I am currently serving as Communications Officer for the FD.

For my full time job, I am a Police/Fire/EMS Dispatcher for the Town of New Windsor PD.

Hello every1 did not realize this topic was here, awesome way to get to know every1 though u never realize who u know.......sup doug......any way my name is Paul Casson Jr I have been an E.M.T. since yes believe it or not the age of 16 ( in nj u can be a tech @ 16) I am currently a member of Monroe Vac in orange county NY and I work for FDNY EMS Division 2 Batt 17 I work the 2 bussiest bus in the bronx and the first only does between 2 and 3 more jobs a month than my unit (17H3) the unit I am on is a haz tach ambulance which means I put on a level A haz mat suit as an emt and carry the decon equipment on the bus, scott packs and all, as of todays date I have an application in to be an instructor @ the FDNY EMS Academy and am hoping to complete the practical test by next week (I Have already passed the written portion) I have past experience as a vol firefighter for 5 yrs but have not the time for it any more due to the fact that some 1 has to pay my bills sooooo thats a little about me I have been on the job w/FDNY about 4 yrs :D

Hey, I'm PHil Aka Bibbles10504 I am going to be a freshman in college, and I am hoping to start working as a firefighter this summer. Still going though the app process though.

Great Forum!

I'm Rich D. Interesting, and informative site. Good job.

Work EMS Rescue B-team, Newark, NJ. Also Lt. for Little Egg Harbor Twp. Fire District #2. LEHT, NJ.

Hi I'm Matt from Greenwich, CT. Many know me as Zinger Jr. I am 22 years old, recently graduated from UCONN. I am a member with Cos Cob Volunteer Fire Company in Greenwich for a year now, but I am trying to get on a paid department in my area. I have been around the fire department my entire life since my dad is a career guy in Greenwich, and a volunteer with Brooksville in Port Chester.

my name is chris. i am fron western pa,I am married w/ 2.5 y/o daughter.

I have been with monroevile vfd Co. #5 for 12 years. We are a large vol fd with 5 stations, 9 engines, tower, ladder, 2 heavy rescues, 1 Air / Rescue Support, 8 als med units and 99% volunteer. combined we handle approx 5000 calls for service.

check out our sites

Monroeville VFC Co. 5

Monroeville VFC Co. 4

Monroeville VFC Co. 1

Monroeville VFC Co. 6

Municipal Info / Profile

Seth.. Great Site.. Feel Free to Come Down and Ride MVFD 5 Ride Along Form

Stay Safe Fellow Brothers..

post-4472-1149356066.jpg

Hey whats up. My name is Scott, I am a junior with the Elmsford fire dept. I am the acting captain, have been for a year now, will be holding it for another year. I've been a junior for three years this June, and hopefully next year will be becoming a full volly.

I guess this is the best place for my first post.

I'm Alan, 2nd Captain with the Belltown VFD in Stamford (CT). Been a Volunteer for almost 10 years. Been Certified as an EMT for 11 years. For full time work I'm a Public Safety Dispatcher for Stamford's Emergency Communication Center, been at that just over 17 years. I've been an Advisor with our city's Explorer Post for about 12 years. As if all that wasn't buffy enough, 4 years ago I started working part time as an Armed Security Officer. And just like most of the folks in my generation, I grew up watching Jonny & Roy, which probably had alot to do with all this.

Eastchester Ex-2104, The Bull. 25 year member. 10 years on the side drum

I am Erik - currently with Bethel VFD, CT and formally with Lake Carmel FD in NY.

I have been a volly FF since 1996 and love this site. I am a married father of twin 6 year old boys (yes, I said boys) and married for 13 years this May.

I enjoy this site very much because it give us a place to share information (good and bad alike).

Keep up the good work EMT Bravo!!!!!

:D

My name is Phil, and I started out as an explorer with Post 700 in Port Chester. My family has a long history with Mellor E&H.

I'm from Bethel ct and have been a member of the dept for 24 yrs serving as:

Lieut Engine 6 for 1989-91

Capt 92-95

2nd A/C 96-98

Chief of Dept 99-01

1st A/C 2004-5

Currently with Stony Hill fire co , seving as Engineer on E-3

Hm... I never introduced myself when I joined, so here it goes.

I'm John from the Katonah Volunteer Fire Department. I joined last january so I've been in less than a year, but it feels like alot longer. My dad's been a member for 25 years, going on 26. Another forumgoer, KFD236, is my cousin and, unknowingly, helped to influence my decision to join up.

As for rank I'm just a probie.

Love the forum EMTBRAVO, I've actually learned alot of interesting stuff.

hey, i guess i never got around to introducing myself when i first joined the fourms but here we go

my name is sean i just joined briarcliff manor hook and ladder company i've been waiting for this day for years and i cant wait to start going on calls. these fourms are a great source of information and hope to see you guys around sometime

Hi there, another West Coaster joins the board...

I've seen a few friends here from other boards. I've enjoyed meeting a few on trips and other events.

From the West Coast (San Diego area) and I am a Dispatcher/EMT for AMR San Diego. I have worked for them and their predecessor Hartson Medical Services 17 years (18 this coming May). Because of this company, I have been privileged to work a Major League Baseball All-Star game, 2 World Series games, and a Super Bowl. Was an EMT for 12 years, then went into dispatch for the last 5 years.

Due to working at Hartson's. I was able to get onto a local race track fire crew (stock cars) and worked there for 12 years. Became very proficient with the extrication tools, and was the lead EMT for 3 years. Was part of the fire crew for the Sprint Car World Series in 1993-1994 out of Phoenix.

I was a Volunteer Fireman for 7 years, working my way up to Captain in charge of EMS.

I am an avid apparatus photographer. I currently have almost 5,000 in my photobucket account. Take a look and enjoy!

Hey...Luke here from Staten Island, takin da FDNY written in Jan....been shootin FDNY for years now...been online for over a decade, so I know how boards work...i'm not excatly a rookie, but I look forward to makin a good presence here...