x635

Transcare Ceases ALL Operations

88 posts in this topic

*BREAKING...MAY CONTAIN RUMORS OR OTHER UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION*

Through numerous credible sources, I've learned Transcare is going bankrupt at midnight tonight, and abandoning 911 contracts. I don't know what this means for the private emergency and transport sector, however.

This really sucks for their employees, especially the ones with seniority, but at least it can lead to opportunities with companies that are better to work for. Let's also not forget all the jobs Transcare took from Empress and Abbey Richmond when they started Westchester operations, and what they did to OLM EMS, etc.

As far as I know, and please add if you have:

-WEMS will be taking over the 37-Medics (Mount Pleasant)

-Empress will be taking over Mount Vernon EMS contract

-Empress will be taking over the White Plains EMS contract

-_________will be taking over the Putnam ALS contract

*BREAKING...MAY CONTAIN RUMORS OR OTHER UNCONFIRMED INFORMATION*

One of my friends that works for Rural Metro said they're sending a crew to cover a 96 hour tour in White Plains.   I don't have any other details.

Westfield12 and x635 like this

I wonder if NYS may step in to oversee continuity of operations.  If memory serves they did this once before when another commercial entity shut down unexpected. 

x635 and Westfield12 like this

As a former employee/supervisor in the Philly market,  I can't say that I'm surprised. Once Patriarch got hung up by the SEC, the capital revenue disappeared. We lost about 100 employees,  but this is devastating. Best of luck to everyone in TCNY.

"I was contacted this morning by Mr. Peter Wolf, Chief Operating Officer of Transcare.  He advised me the Transcare has filed for bankruptcy and will be meeting with their court appointed representative this afternoon.  He stated the bankruptcy may take effect immediately following the meeting with the court representative.  Although they are looking for a few days reprieve, the EMS services provided by Transcare in Westchester may cease to operate by the end of the day."

-Michael Volk, Chief ,EMS & Communications Division ,Westchester County Dept. of Emergency Services -

I received the letter from an anonymous source.  Please don't ask how I obtained a copy.

Simultaneously, we have formed a new company, Transcendence Transit, Inc., that will acquire our stronger performing ambulance business divisions in Pittsburgh and the Hudson Valley. Aside from the name of the new legal entity, nothing changes operationally for the businesses in Pittsburgh and the Hudson Valley. We believe that through these restructuring efforts we have been able to save 700 jobs.

Sadly, as a result of a decision by our senior lender to cease providing additional funding, the remaining operations (NYC 911, Core, Westchester and Maryland), which have continued to face significant challenges throughout the restructuring process, are being forced into liquidation under Chapter 7 of the Bankruptcy Code. The operations associated with these businesses will discontinue starting today and responsibility for their remaining assets will be transferred to the custody of a court-appointed trustee.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ems/comments/47e0qn/transcare_restructuring_fails_operations_cease/

Westfield12, x635 and Disaster_Guy like this

Way to just put up an idiot post and start all kinds of rumors! This is why I'm never on this stupid site anymore but I got an email and felt obligated to reply to this bs. Get the facts before posting something like this. All you are doing is starting a massive rumor and getting people worked up for no reason. TC Hudson Valley is separate from TC Westchester, NYC, etc. Putnam will not be losing their service and the HV division as well as Pittsburg will not be ceasing operations.  Also, I will not be replying or coming back on so.. aha, got ya last.

13 minutes ago, paratrooper75 said:

Way to just put up an idiot post and start all kinds of rumors! Get the facts before posting something like this.

Yeah, I have the facts, as members that actually contribute to this thread in a positive fashion have posted. Try reading the thread before you reply to it. I know you SAY you're not coming back, but I felt "obligated" to reply to this. You could have just added the information you had. Many people, including myself, have no idea that Transcare in Putnam is a different company then in Westchester until @nyemtgirl's post. Additionally, Transcare ITSELF has issued a letter that they are shutting down operations, yet have formed a different company to operate some divisions. Which I have no idea how that works in business lingo. And I also clearly stated some information could be incorrect as all this is currently breaking.

38 minutes ago, paratrooper75 said:

Way to just put up an idiot post and start all kinds of rumors! This is why I'm never on this stupid site anymore but I got an email and felt obligated to reply to this bs. Get the facts before posting something like this. All you are doing is starting a massive rumor and getting people worked up for no reason. TC Hudson Valley is separate from TC Westchester, NYC, etc. Putnam will not be losing their service and the HV division as well as Pittsburg will not be ceasing operations.  Also, I will not be replying or coming back on so.. aha, got ya last.

Better cancel your Lohud subscription too...

http://www.lohud.com/story/news/local/westchester/2016/02/24/transcare-ambulance-bankruptcy/80868708/

Westfield12, INIT915, x635 and 6 others like this

1 hour ago, paratrooper75 said:

I'm pretty sure Seth put up disclaimers saying that it was rumor first before he edited his post to be fact.  And I heard about the situation from someone in ROCHESTER (mind you that is a 6 hour drive away) before I heard about it here in Westchester.  The facts are here.  But, whatever, you're not on this site any more, or so you say.

This is the company that lowballed Montefiore and destroyed Our Lady Of Mercy EMS, which was a great EMS service, putting profits over people, and causing people to lose good paying, stable hospital jobs.

MUDMEDIC, Viper, Medic137 and 5 others like this

1 minute ago, N1Medic said:

This is the company that lowballed Montefiore and destroyed Our Lady Of Mercy EMS, which was a great EMS service, putting profits over people, and causing people to lose good paying, stable hospital jobs.

They sure did. They ruined one of the best EMS departments around with some of the best EMT'S & Medic's I ever worked with for over 10 years. A lot 

of peoples lives changed due to Transcare coming into  Montefiore (Our Lady Of Mercy) and destroying  that department. It was a end of an era. 

Why is it that Mount Vernon FD has the right idea?

Thomas said his administration was assessing the potential for the Mount Vernon fire department to provide ambulance services.

“Mount Vernon needs to invest in itself and provide basic ambulance services," he said.

Edited by Viper
nydude2473, nfd2004 and x635 like this

42 minutes ago, N1Medic said:

Well at the moment they have too many people and not enough profit ;)

21 minutes ago, Bnechis said:

When MV went ALS in 84/85'? Amb #1 was Abbey with ALS and Amb #2 was Mvfd with BLS

That didn't last long though.  Wasn't it Affiliated in 86/87 when the FD stopped doing the BLS?

2 minutes ago, Gomer said:

How long until Northwell (formerly North Shore-LIJ) EMS and NY Pres EMS move into the picture now that they own hospitals in Westchester and already have their own large existing EMS sytems?

They still need to get a CON to operate. Transcares may get auctioned to the highest bidder.

4 minutes ago, Bnechis said:

They still need to get a CON to operate. Transcares may get auctioned to the highest bidder.

4 minutes ago, Bnechis said:

I believe this is very unlikely. For one thing, the company is  being liquidated. That means there literally won't be anything left to acquire. 

Secondly, I don't believe they are in an agile enough position to recover the lost accounts prior to them implementing a new contracted bidder. That makes their sale a very difficult proposition at any price. 

Edited by wiscems

The CON is good only for 30 days. If the ambulance service does not Operate for 30 days the CON cannot be transferred without special approval from the regional council... No one wants the Evil Empire or the good humor men invading 

43 minutes ago, wiscems said:

I believe this is very unlikely. For one thing, the company is  being liquidated. That means there literally won't be anything left to acquire. 

Secondly, I don't believe they are in an agile enough position to recover the lost accounts prior to them implementing a new contracted bidder. That makes their sale a very difficult proposition at any price. 

Liquidating means the bankruptcy court will sell everything of value. NYP has expressed interest in the past. No contracts come with that, just the right to operate in the region.

x635 and Westfield12 like this

31 minutes ago, whyme? said:

The CON is good only for 30 days. If the ambulance service does not Operate for 30 days the CON cannot be transferred without special approval from the regional council... No one wants the Evil Empire or the good humor men invading 

All CON transfers require review from the region. DOH has the final approval not REMSCO. Define "no one" ? Do you know who is on the REMSCO and how they will vote? 

wiscems and x635 like this

3 minutes ago, Bnechis said:

Liquidating means the bankruptcy court will sell everything of value. NYP has expressed interest in the past. No contracts come with that, just the right to operate in the region.

Correct - I guess my point was more that the Trustee will most likely rapidly liquidate as opposed to holding all the assets while seeking a bidder. Buildings, vehicles and medical equipment with expiration dates and maintenance agreements are expensive items to allow to sit idle. 

x635 likes this

Thank goodness Empress had the assets to step in. This is a prime reason why municipalities need to rethink farming out EMS to save a few bucks. You trade stability and possibly longevity just to slash budget lines.

INIT915, x635, Sds1973 and 3 others like this