edisonfire

Can we get postings of any old Westchester area fire stations not in use anymore?

19 posts in this topic

Always wanted to buy an old firehouse to convert into a brewpub. Perhaps I'll win the lotto soon lol.

That old Tarrytown firehouse is beautiful.

vodoly likes this

Old Tarrytown firehouse was originally a Masonic Lodge building. House Hope Hose on left as you faced the building. To the right was Conqueror Hook & Ladder. The police were located in the rear of the building. Detectives got a lot of drives! Lodge was located on 2nd floor.

boca1day, BFD1054 and vodoly like this

There's one in  Port Chester at 110 Willet  Ave  Former HQ   , not used as a fire station after 1904 . Some body will have to go and get a photo of it as I don't go to that dump anymore .  

RonaldWPiperJr, Danger and BFD1054 like this

Might be off topic here but I have 3 locations in Bergen County that are ex firehouses 

I'll take them all, regardless of location. I have the Bayview EC FH, plus 3 former EFD ones Vodoly

In Hudson N.Y. there are some.Valatie N.Y.,Niverville Fire District,Athens N.Y.,

BFD1054 likes this

Original Millwood VFC Station 1 is at 94 Millwood Road.  It was sold some time in the past few years with the completion of the new HQ.  Also in NYC the old Fire Patrol station near NYU in the village still stands.  Reportedly owned by CNN anchor Anderson Cooper.

vodoly likes this

The former quarters of NY Fire Patrol # 2, located on W 3st in Manhattan is now owned by Anderson Cooper. Here are a couple of photos since he renovated the place. The photo with the rig is from when it was still in service.

ac2o_0.jpg

ac10.jpg

pat 2_n.jpg

vodoly, BFD1054, LayTheLine and 1 other like this

On 3/26/2018 at 5:33 PM, edisonfire said:

I'll take them all, regardless of location. I have the Bayview EC FH, plus 3 former EFD ones Vodoly

The EC Bayview Fire House is now EC Senior Citizens Center 

Very Nice Work Guys. Anybody have any old Mount Vernon?

By The Way, I have a Facebook Group called "Firehouses" that focuses on all active and retired houses.

Former home of Coytesville Protection Company #2 located at 187 Washington Ave   Fort Lee NJ Now a Locksmiths shop This was a single bay Firehouse 

D912174B-27D0-4D98-86D5-B5810F3DDEF2.jpeg

Edited by vodoly
Forgot to add Protection to Company Name
LayTheLine and boca1day like this

On 3/28/2018 at 6:53 AM, vodoly said:

The EC Bayview Fire House is now EC Senior Citizens Center 

Going to Try to get some pictures of Cliffside Park’s former Fire Headquarters Also Thier former Truck 2 Fire House/Police Headquarters 

FDNY Former Quarters Of Ladder 49 at 1079 Nelson Ave in the South Bronx. Up the block from Yankee Stadium. The Former Quarters and Current EMS 17th Battalion is Connected in the Rear. (Closed off once this House was privately sold). 

A7AECF04-B1D9-4DAA-A881-5FCE9F693A7C.jpeg

LayTheLine, BFD1054 and vodoly like this

if i get down to my parents again ill get some pics of the old armonk fd on maple ave...  its a REC center now mostly for seniors i believe

Here’s the former  home of Independent Hook  & Ladder #2 in Cliffside Park NJ located on the southern end of the Boro on Palisade & Jersey Ave on the Jersey Ave side is the former Headquarters Of The Cliffside Park  Police Dept This firehouse was active still In the early 80’s  as it housed a large ALF Rear Mount Ladder Truck The Police Dept Along with Truck 2 were moved into the massive Boro Hall / Public Safety complex  along with Fire Headquarters  (i’ll try to get pictures of that soon) Note The Modern style siren on the pole  It’s Home to an upholstery  shop now 

BA4C63E5-CA31-4259-8CF4-DF6564A90A0E.jpeg

B7DA27F5-E2D0-4BBE-BD5E-17B5A946E347.jpeg

Edited by vodoly
BFD1054 likes this

On ‎4‎/‎6‎/‎2018 at 0:38 AM, spyda308 said:

FDNY Former Quarters Of Ladder 49 at 1079 Nelson Ave in the South Bronx. Up the block from Yankee Stadium. The Former Quarters and Current EMS 17th Battalion is Connected in the Rear. (Closed off once this House was privately sold). 

A7AECF04-B1D9-4DAA-A881-5FCE9F693A7C.jpeg

The New York Fire Patrol used this building after Ladder 49 left. It was the quarters for Fire Patrol # 6 from 1949 until 1955.
In 1955 the NYFP closed Patrol 6.

Edited by 10512
BFD1054 and vodoly like this