Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

The Best Ice Cream In The EMTBravo Area

47 posts in this topic

What's the best ice cream place in the EMTBravo area?

It doesn't seem like there are too many "mom and pop" or roadside stand type Ice Cream places left in the area.

My favorite at this point has to be Ben and Jerry's in Mount Kisco. I really am having a hard time coming up with great ice cream places in the area...so help me out and tell me where and why.

Cold Stones good too. Baskin and Robbins stinks, they ahve been ruined by Dunkin Donuts.

I want beyond the chain.

I'd have to say it's between cold stone and ben & Jerrys... thats pretty true though, this isnt a true 'wholemade' ice cream shop in the area... at least not that i've found

Frankies Homemade ice cream in Dobbs Ferry...Great Choice!

The North County News just did a piece on this...

I love Cold Stone! Beward the cake batter ice cream, got an e-mail saying it was linked to illness out west.

I also like the Blue Pig in Croton, and the Ice Cream Cafe in Peekskill.

And, I love old school, so Carvel still is a favorite of mine, especially on WEDNESDAYS!!!

Finally, a GOOD TOPIC to DISCUSS!!!!

Can't go wrong with Carvel or Hadgen-Das (sp?)

MAIN STREET SWEETS ON MAIN STREET IN TARRYTOWN MAKES THEIR OWN ICE CREAM WHICH IS EXCELANT. THEY ALSO HAVE THAT OLD STYLE DECOR.

IF YOU WANT A REALLY GOOD MALT THEN TRY JOHNNY ROCKETS AT THE PALISADES MALL, THERE THE BEST

Want home made? Little shop accross from the Peekskill train station next to Sue's Luchenette. Small place but great ice cream, home made, the'll even make home made whip cream if you ask.

Where is the coldstone?

Cold Stone is in Somers Commons, the former Baldwin Place Shoping center on Rt 6 and Rt 118. Another favorite of mine in that area is King Kone on Rt 100 just north of Rt 35,

While the mom and pop stands do seem to be a thing of the past in Westchester, a short drive to Orange County they're alive and kicking. It seems like every town over there has one. One of my favorites being Weirs on Rt 94 just down the road from the Salisbury Mills FD.

If your in Nyack/West Nyack its gotta be ConeZone on West Nyack Road! That is some of the best ice cream I've ever had, and they are open later then the places in the mall (I think till 10, not 100% sure) - so its a great stop if your on call for the overnight just befoe you turn in to sleep.

Joes Dairy Bar on Route 82 in East Fishkill is my choice. Plus it's owned by 18-1-1.

There is a Cold Stone on Central Ave is Scarsdale / Greenburgh. Next to the Red Lobster. The line is always out the door.

It has been mentioned before, but RED ROOSTER in brewster onn rt22 has the BEST shakes.

Cold Stone coming to Pleasantville. Right across the street from Fire HQ on Washington Ave. Will keep you all up to date when they open

Thanks for the info guys. I'll also throw in Emac and Bolio's, it's in NYC though. I'm lucky I go to school between three hosiptals, two fire companies, and three ice cream places (Ben and Jerry's, Emac and Bolio's, and a Coldstone creamery).

What about homemade gelato? Are there any good places in Westchester (especially towards the northern half)?

It's a little out of the area but The Ice Cream Shop in Newtown CT, exit 10 off I84. They make their own ice cream and they have that old time ice cream shop look to it.

Cold Stone coming to Pleasantville.  Right across the street from Fire HQ on Washington Ave.  Will keep you all up to date when they open

Are they going into Lucio's old spot?

NYTruckie makes the best ice cream i think he got the recipe from his tribe in alaska, You all know he is eskomonian.

Mr Softee....NY's best ice cream cone and you gotta love the music!! :-)

Now I hear they want to put a Cold Stone in Ardsley, at the Village Green Plaza next to Starbucks. IMO, Cold Stone is a novelty that may fade quickly if they get too big.

Ardsley used to have a really good indepedent ice cream place and candy store in the Centre Street shopping center, next to Ardsley Pizza. There was also a good bakery in there. Also, there was "Razzleberrys" too next to Genovese.

A+P Fresh Market in Mt. Kisco has a Gelato bar.

The Carvel in the City Of Bedford Hills is a nice Carvel, too.

Friendly's is ghetto nowdays, same as Baskin and Robbins.

Hagen-Daz, haven't been there in a while.

Isn't there an Ice Cream stand next to the Carmel firehouse as well?

Some good suggestions on this thread.

I don't know what it is about carvel but whenever I have their frozen yogurt it makes me feel like crap afterwords... something they put in it just makes me feel so like blaaah afterwords.

How's the A&P in kisco? I've seen it, but have not had a chance to try it yet

Carvel is in your beloved 57Truck's land. The hills of Bedford.

Coldstone creamery in greenwich on Post rd. Near Greenwich ave/next to glory days diner24hr good food spot.

Longfords Ice Cream Rye Ny Across the street from Starbucks on Purchase st.

last but not least Darlenes Ice cream at 390 e putnam ave cos cob Ct. a LITTLE EXPENSIVE BUT REALLY GOOD.

King Kone on Rt. 100 across from the 7-11.

in Somers The Stomping Grounds cafe has homemade gellato but I have never tried it

good humur is a good one

Too bad there are no DQ's in Westchester.

There is one in Stanford Ct its only 10-15 min from Harrison.....DQ is the best