Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

New Local Apparatus Orders?

49 posts in this topic

So it seems like it's been real slow lately with apparatus orders in the area, or maybe I haven't heard anything.

Has anybody heard of any RECENT apparatus ORDERS for the areas? If so, please share the details!

Middletown has a KME engine on order to replace Engine 5, ETA of delivery....?

Katonah has a Tanker on order Pierce 3000 gallon with a foamcell, some time in late October or November

Pleasantville 1 Ferrara Pumper 2000 gpm pump and 1000 gal of water with 2 foam cells. Also 1 Ferrara Rescue /Pumper 2000 gpm pump and 750 gals water 2 foam cells and 9000 watt light tower and 20 k generator Expected date around Thanksgiving

Thornwood 1 Pierce Rescue pumper Expected delivery date within the week

Valhalla 1 Alf pumper (twim to new Engine 84) Also a small rescue/ utility (freightline) and a 15 passenger van. All expected just after the new year.

Pelham is awaiting a Seagrave 100' rear mount aerial to replace the current Ladder 2. Delivery is up in the air due to the FDNY order that has to be completed.

Last week in New Rochelle, I saw an American LaFrance 110' Rearmount stick that was un-marked except for "110' Aerial Ladder" on the ladder itself. The guys were doing something with it at 666 Pelham Rd. along with E-24 and E-17.

mt kisco's getting specs on new 100' seagrave or smeal stick, eng 106 is probably going to be a pierce 10 man do around this time next year and eng 104 is still in the design stage. it will most likely be a pierce also. :unsure:

mt kisco's getting specs on new 100' seagrave or smeal stick, eng 106 is probably going to be a pierce 10 man do around this time next year and eng 104 is still in the design stage. it will most likely be a pierce also. :unsure:

Wait, Engine 104 is the Mack right? Dammit - they're all going to be a thing of the past soon.

Spring Valley has ordered a 95 Ft Tower Ladder from ALF, expecting delivery in June.

Spring Valley has ordered a 95 Ft Tower Ladder from ALF, expecting delivery in June.

does that mean they are replacing that ugly a** metz ladder they have now? :unsure:

does that mean they are replacing that ugly a** metz ladder they have now? :unsure:

im not flaming or anything like that, but just because its ugly doesnt mean it doesnt do a good job. I think the idea of a metz is a good one...both a TL and a straigt stick in one shot. Can be very useful.

Neways...Yorktown is awaiting the arival of a 2005 100' Seagrave Quint with doghouse style seating. I cant wait. Its going to be an awesome truck. Its going to be the same as New Canaan's truck with the exception of a pump panel insted of the drivers comp, and doghouse style seating.

Ladder3.jpg

Doesn't Spring Valley Have 2 ladders. I know the Metz is at Spring Valley H & L. Doesn't Rockland H & L, whe ones with the ALF heavy rescue also have a ladder? Ithe tower could be going there if so.

Doesn't Spring Valley Have 2 ladders.  I know the Metz is at Spring Valley H & L.  Doesn't Rockland H & L, whe ones with the ALF heavy rescue also have a ladder?  Ithe tower could be going there if so.

Yes Spring Valley has 2 ladders "17-Tower" which is the Metz thing and I believe the other ones designation is "17-quint" don't quote me on that but it is a 1984 Lafrance Quint. The Metz is from Spring Valley H&L and the Quint which is going to be replaced by An ALF very Similar to Tarrytown's T.L. 78 is with Rockland H&L. The Quint has also been out of Service for sometime know. Due to Mechanical and Aerial Issues.

I took a recent class at Rockland FTC. Our instructor has been in the fire service for a long, long time and is an active member of Spring Valley. He had 17-Tower (the Metz) come to class one night for us to play with. I didn't hear one good thing about that rig. It sounded as if most of the guys aren't happy with it. Maybe why you don't see many of them around lol? They just seemed like a pain to set up and just not practical.

Putnam Valley VAC has a 2006 Wheel Coach Type III ambulance on order..

Due around 1st of the year

To replace the ailing 1994 Medtec Type III

I took a recent class at Rockland FTC.  Our instructor has been in the fire service for a long, long time and is an active member of Spring Valley.  He had 17-Tower (the Metz) come to class one night for us to play with.  I didn't hear one good thing about that rig.  It sounded as if most of the guys aren't happy with it.  Maybe why you don't see many of them around lol?  They just seemed like a pain to set up and just not practical.

Have heard the same thing from those guys and from other members from Spring Valley. What for the ALF Tower!

I guess Spring Valley's opinions of 17-Tower have changed now that they've had it a while.

Lake Carmel I believe is awaiting arrival of a new Engine. Presuming it's going to replace 17-2-1 as the first out engine and 17-2-1 will be moved up to Station 2 to either be a second engine up there or replace 17-2-4.

In other words, let me know when it gets delivered so I can get up there and shoot it for this site.

Lake Carmel's new engine is in Connecticut being preped for delivery It's a 2005 Smeal 1750 pump/1500 gal. tank. It's going to station 1 1721 is going to station 2. 17-2-4 was donated to Claremont Harbor , Mississippi after hurricane Katrina.

Who else is getting new equipment, is Mt Kisco replacing ladder 43 or the tower ladder. When is Eng 104 going to be replaced. Yorktown is due for a new ladder truck the one they have now is 37 years old and that is a long time for a truck to be in service but I am sure it still does the job regardless. I hope all the new fire apparatus serves their depts well.

Who else is getting new equipment, is Mt Kisco replacing ladder 43 or the tower ladder. When is Eng 104 going to be replaced. Yorktown is due for a new ladder truck the one they have now is 37 years old and that is a long time for a truck to be in service but I am sure it still does the job regardless. I hope all the new fire apparatus serves their depts well.

Mt. Kisco is replacing Ladder 43.

Yorktown is due for a new ladder truck the one they have now is 37 years old and that is a long time for a truck to be in service but I am sure it still does the job regardless.

You are correct good sir in all aspects. Yorktowns current ladder is a 1968 100' Seagrave. Passes all of its inspection tests still with flying colors. Unfortunatly all good things must come to an end and it is being replaced. Here is what we are receiving.

Yorktown is awaiting the arival of a 2005 100' Seagrave Quint. I cant wait. Its going to be an awesome truck. Its going to be the same as New Canaan's truck with the exception of a pump panel insted of the drivers comp, and doghouse style seating.

Ladder3.jpg

Edited by EMSJunkie712

Port Chester Tiller Ladder (L31)... In the process of puttting specs together for a New 100ft. 8 man cab Rearmount Seagrave. Getting specs and pricing done to go foward with the village sometime in January 2006. Well see what happens!

I heard a couple of years ago that Port Chester was spec'ing out a new tiller to replace the current one. What happened there?

Somers-

Placing add-on order for another Ambulance, to replace current 80B1. What to do with the curent 80B1 is in the Talking stage now. Possibilty that it will be converted into SCUBA rescue vehicle, and replace the current U-34.

Committee formed to replace MA-14. Current MA-14 will become Utility 5 and the Current U-5 will be disposed of.

Vote to reform Apparatus Committee for a new Engine 184 to replace Engine 188. When the new E-184 arrives, E-188 will be placed in reserve and E-186 will be disposed of.

Just a thought, and maybe it may give ammunition to getting a new tiller. Make every one in HH HnL LCC/Tillerman qualified. So you don't have the problem. Spec out a bare bones tiller without the bells and whistles or trappings sometimes found, work within budget and get a new tiller.

A few yrs ago specs wre done but the villages money issue is a problem....I would love to see another tiller....just a waiting game....we will have to wait and see..

Lake carmel's new rig is here!!!! it is at the main house and we are starting training on it this week!!!... :D

Mahopac falls is looking at replacing the mack tanker at our station 2 with a 2500 gallon attack tanker.

more info to come

Lake carmel's new rig is here!!!! it is at the main house and we are starting training on it this week!!!... :P

What type Of Rig?: Manufacturer, Etc.