Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
61MACKBR1

Any News Of YFD's New Arrivals?

48 posts in this topic

The departments devestated by the hurricanes last year have a governement that at least attempts to help them and people that will help them

In South and Central America the government could not give a damn and neither do the people

Also, does any one have the specs on the sutphen i.e. the miles, transmision, engine type, pump type and any other details

The Sutphen is not being discarded or junked - at this time it will be removed from frontline service and become a spare or reserve

The departments devestated by the hurricanes last year have a governement that at least attempts to help them and people that will help them

In South and Central America the government could not give a damn and neither do the people

Also, does any one have the specs on the sutphen i.e. the miles, transmision, engine type, pump type and any other details

Well if they dont give a damn why should we let's help our own. I think that it is great the drug lords get a free fir engine and put a F.F.'s name on it from up here. If you want your name on a rig so bad send one to the gulf coast. Now they will be glad that someone helped them. If it is south of our board they can kiss my Irish a$$. This is America we come first.

Chris

They're in town. This week we got to take a close look at E303 and E314's new rigs at the DPW service center. The deck pipes were installed- they telescope up when in use. There are some changes from our previous ALF's. I saw SQ11's rig on a test drive pass by yesterday on Palisade Av. They're nice rigs. They should be in service soon...

Edited by batt2

Thanks Batt 2 for the great update to which I know that many EMTBravo Members appreciate your professional and courteous update to the status, one that the citizens of our great city, Yonkers, are very proud of.

Having driven the Squad rig, I am very excited to finally have this in town and in service on Weds. 303 and 314 are on schedule to also be in service by Weds. There was an issue with 304 so that is slightly behind schedule.

I am also very impressed with this new piece. An engine set up like this is a first for us, and should prove to be very versatile. I really like the way it's designed and layed out, good job by all involved! I'm sure EMTBravo will be posting many pics of this. I can't wait to see our new Rescue in the city now alongside the squad!

Just got back from going over Engine 314 & 303 and they are very impressive. Very well thought out with a lot of nice features. Chief Fitzpatrick did an excellent job. Body wise they are the same as the other ALF's we've received in the past, and well planned, like using the wheel wells for spare bottles and extinguishers which opens up compartment space, and the pump panel is very uncluttered. The cab, which is about 14 inches longer, has an extra compartment behind the rear doors, with the bottom part going through from one side to the other side, and they got rid of the front suction that 308, 309 & 313 have. Very roomy inside the cab. Sorry, but I didn't get any pictures today.

They are supposed to be in service on Wednesday, and hopefully they will. Everyone seemed very impressed, and I'm sure the men of 303 and I know us at 314 can't wait to get them in.

Engines 307, 310 & 312 should be replaced in the near future.

I would presume, based on a past post, that the citizens of Yonkers (and Rhode Island!) and members of EMTBravo will be very proud of this rig and appreciate my professional and courteous update to the status of our new rigs. ;)

Edited by yfd910

What are you guys going to do with the rigs these new ones are replacing?

What are you guys going to do with the rigs these new ones are replacing?

The old Squad rig will be a fully stocked spare in case the new one is out of service. The old 303 and 304 will also be spares to replace the terrible looking spares that are used now. Not sure about 314's rig.

-"the terrible looking spares that are used now. " LOL

You should have seen the spares years ago (if there were any!)

very funny Lt.....................

No, I believe the one by Curry Chevrolet is busier.

Is "The Last Mack" (ex-314, 306, etc.) still around?

Does 303 Engine still have the Mack?

I believe that the Old Mack (last produced - 314, 303) is now Reserve Engine 317