Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RC182

Police Emergency 10-13 (Large Fight) Ossining - 07-14-07

30 posts in this topic

Several police cars from the Ossining area, were going lights and sirens towards Ossining. Just recently a SP unit also came flying by.

i heard it's a county-wide "10-13." i also heard a mt pleassant car was t-boned on its way to ossining, anyone to verify?? also as of 2355 hrs, north castle pd just sent 1 car to spring street in ossining for "another large altercation."

I hear reference on the radio to Waller Avenue / Broad Avenue / Croton Street in the Village of Ossining with PD and EMS.

Numerous Westchester County PD's and State Police on scene.

Possible Large Fight w/ Weapons (Unconfirmed)

Ossining Village PD

0037 HRS White Plains PD in Ossining on Route 9 near Ossining HS might have one of the wanted perps stopped

0039 HRS Ossining PD units out with White Plains PD.

I drove by and saw well over 100 police units from many places - saw some from yonkers, harrison, new castle, mount pleasant, state, county, two choppers and manyyyyyy others. --- the mount pleasant t-bone did not seam to be serious, did not look like much damage to the cruiser.

I drove by and saw well over 100 police units from many places - saw some from yonkers, harrison, new castle, mount pleasant, state, county, two choppers and manyyyyyy others. --- the mount pleasant t-bone did not seam to be serious, did not look like much damage to the cruiser.

Sorry, just one chopper - we just flew around so much it seemed like two!!! :lol:

Jobs that I'm aware of:

Ossining

Bedford

North Castle

Mount Pleasant

White Plains

Sleepy Hollow

State Police

County Police

Croton

MTA

and there were probably many more. These were just the ones that I saw.

Happily no cops injured!

Was a County Wide Red Alert called like they did on Easter in New Rochelle?

PD Units I can recall from the Incident last night.....

Ossining

Town Of Ossining

Croton

Briarcliff Manor

Sleepy Hollow

Tarrytown

Elmsford

Yonkers

New Castle

North Castle

Bedford

Harrison

White Plains

Rye Brook

NYS University PD

DEP Police

New Rochelle

Town of Mount Pleasant

Mt. Kisco

Yorktown

MTA Police

Westchester County

State Police

Saw the MT. Pleasant T-Bone Happen......did not appear Major,

From understanding it stemmed from a Street Fair/Block Party.......

it all began in mt.kisco....There was a party at the American legion and a fight broke out in front then from what i understand it spread.....just the rumor going around

Edited by DOC22

it all began in mt.kisco....There was a party at the American legion and a fight broke out in front then from what i understand it spread.....just the rumor going around

Actually started in Ossining I/F/O the Moose Lodge on Croton Avenue

It spread 20 miles? :blink:

Was a County Wide Red Alert called like they did on Easter in New Rochelle?

I asked the same question and was told that they didn't use color coded requests.

As long as we talking rumors... The fight actually started somewhere near Detroit and spread to the bustling metropolis of Ossining. Sheriff's deputies from Maricopa County were called to help quell the disturbance and brought pink prison uniforms for the arrestees. The military aircraft flying over all day are to prevent another incident and support the County PD aviation unit.

Now THAT's a RUMOR!!! :P

Well, glad to see none of our finest got injured. Best wishes to the Mt. Pleasant PO.

I don't know what it is, but lately people seem to be getting way out of control.

As long as we talking rumors... The fight actually started somewhere near Detroit and spread to the bustling metropolis of Ossining. Sheriff's deputies from Maricopa County were called to help quell the disturbance and brought pink prison uniforms for the arrestees. The military aircraft flying over all day are to prevent another incident and support the County PD aviation unit.

HAHAHAHA

staring down the barrel of a 30mm cannon is pretty intimidating!

I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy whose sister dated one of the guys involved, the fight started over what the new plan for the Tappan Zee Bridge would be...I think it's just a rumor, but that's what I heard....

PD Units I can recall from the Incident last night.....

Ossining

Town Of Ossining

Croton

Briarcliff Manor

Sleepy Hollow

Tarrytown

Elmsford

Yonkers

New Castle

North Castle

Bedford

Harrison

White Plains

Rye Brook

NYS University PD

DEP Police

New Rochelle

Town of Mount Pleasant

Mt. Kisco

Yorktown

MTA Police

Westchester County

State Police

Saw the MT. Pleasant T-Bone Happen......did not appear Major,

From understanding it stemmed from a Street Fair/Block Party.......

Thanks for stopping to see if I was OKAY. Must have been something else going on that you couldn't stop. Not major at all. Little dent in the rear passanger door. I got out asked for the guys license. He did not speak ENGLISH very well but said he did not have a license. I reached in the car and grabbed the keys and left him in the middle of Rt 9 and MAIN ST till I was finished what we were doing.

All I have to say is the NYS LIQUOR AUTHORITY even had a car or cars there. The party may have a orginally started in MT KISCO on FRI night and then spread down to OSSINING last night. I heard that MKPD even called OSSINING on Sat to let them know that something might happen. Not sure if that is true or not.

Nice to see the Helicopter in the air. Since our RADIO's suck I switched to the OSSINING band and was around other guys that had on the COUNTY CHANNEL. Great piece of machinery to use in what could have been a chaotic situation.

My take on last night was this. A HUGE 10-13 PARTY WITH NO BEER OR ALCOHOL and everyone in UNIFORM. I saw so many people that I haven't seen in a LOOOONG TIME. Great job, except for ONLOCATION for not stopping to see if I was OKAY. SHAME ON YOU.

I heard from a guy, who heard from a guy whose sister dated one of the guys involved, the fight started over what the new plan for the Tappan Zee Bridge would be...I think it's just a rumor, but that's what I heard....

:lol:

Bueller Bueller Bueller

Police: 500-600 people flood streets in Ossining following altercation

(Original publication: July 15, 2007)

Marcela Rojas and Rebecca Baker

The Journal News

OSSINING - An unruly crowd of between 500 and 600 young people clashed in front of the Moose Lodge last night, and the village had to call in hundreds of police officers to bring the crowd under control.

No one was hurt and no one was arrested during the confrontation, which started when a block party on Broad Avenue merged on Croton Avenue with a private party at the Moose Lodge, Ossining police Sgt. John Greenan said.

Greenan said there was a lot of unruly people who could have been charged for disorderly conduct, but police feared that placing even a few people under arrest would have angered the crowd even more.

"And then you'd really have a melee," he said. "Individuals are going to get hurt. Police are going to get hurt. It's not worth it."

Greenan said the officers just wanted everyone to calm down and go home, but he said it took police until 3 a.m. to make that happen.

The trouble started, according to Greenan, when some people began fighting at a "sweet 16" party at the Moose Lodge, 37 Croton Ave.. He said the lodge manager kicked everyone out after 11 p.m.

As the lodge emptied, Greenan said, people from the block party who had heard about the sweet 16 party began arriving as uninvited guests.

Several small fights began erupting among the crowd, in which nearly everyone was in their late teens or early 20s, Greenan said.

Numerous agencies came to help Ossining, including state police with a K-9 unit and officers from New Rochelle and Westchester County, which also sent out a helicopter at 11:28 p.m., Lt. Donald McArthur said.

Groups of people began moving off Croton Avenue to Main Street and other streets as police dispersed the crowd, Greenan said.

County officers started to leave the scene at around 1:30 a.m., McArthur said.

Glad to hear you are ok. There has been enough bad news lately.

Who else responded up there Sunday night besides County and New Rochelle?

Those were the only ones listed in the newspaper article today.

Thanks

i don't know any others, i herd that their were over 100 officers their. but i read an article saying no officers where hurt or anything, but i heard from a friend that night that their where shots fired and a police car was t-boned is that true?

You can check the other threat but here are some that I remember

MT PLEASANT

PLEASANTVILLE

TOWN OF OSSINING

MT KISCO

GREENBURGH

NEW RO

WCDPS

TARRYTOWN

SLEEPY HOLLOW

HARRISON

NYS LIQUOR AUTHORITY

YORKTOWN

BRIARCLIFF

WHITE PLAINS

ELMSFORD

MTA

NYSP

CROTON ON HUDSON

Those are the ones that I remember. I am sure there were more.

Report only of shots fired. UNFOUNDED and yes I was T BONED but not too bad. Low speed no damage to the other car of course.

yea, i was on an ems call that night, it was a lift assist but the man who called had a dog, and we had to wait about 20 minutes for a briarcliff to come over from ossining..sounds like all hell broke loose..i herd two heli's where also giving you guys some help. glad everything ended without any casualties or serious injury's..and its never their car that gets damage its always your own car...thats happened to me b4

thats a great rumor..very plausible.. matter o fact, i heard lohud.com confirming this...lol just kidding..but seriously im glad no one got hurt. and that the surrounding towns and even the county could make such a force so quickly to stop this before it got to out of hand.. great job to all the men and women who helped calm things down that night, and keep our streets peacefull

The SPCA police were not there???? And the NYS Liquor Authority was? Were they working a case or something...just surprising!

I must be off but I heard news12 reporting that it originated from the london failed bombing attempts last week... crazy! :)

Chris192,

On the topic of rumors...

I hear that the New WCPD Helicopter has a Special Ion Ray Gun?

When "Da Crew" in Ossining heard WCPD Aviation was on the way they all ran!

This Ion Ray Gun was seized from a UFO that landed in Westchester County

back in the early 1980's.

??? :rolleyes:

don't be silly, it was not a UFO, it was a weather baloon. Noone really knows why the weather ballon had an ion ray gun, but it runs on swamp gas, which is cool.

NYS Liquor Authority ??????

Do they have full police powers, firearms included?

Do they drive around in marked RMP's ???

Thank You.

Dr. Zuki

Lawrence Hospital

State Liquor Authority "SLA"

The State Liquor Authority Enforcement Bureau has three zone offices, one each in New York City, Albany and Buffalo. It is the Bureau's responsibility to investigate violations and enforce the Alcoholic Beverage Control Law in New York State. The Bureau also provides training to police agencies as well as all levels of the beverage industry on provisions of the ABC Law.

The Authority issues approximately 125 different types of licenses and permits. The Bureau is entrusted to enforce all the provisions of the ABC Law including the monitoring of manufacturing, wholesale, retail, transportation, storage, and all other facets of the alcoholic beverage industry.

Most of the violations of the ABC Law are crimes for which violators may be arrested. Therefore, local police agencies play an important role with the Authority in enforcing the law. This shared responsibility occurs most often at the retail or consumer level of activity where most violations occur.

Although the Authority has no criminal jurisdiction, the police refer thousands of violations to the Authority for administrative prosecution. Complaints of violations are not only received by the SLA from police, but are also received from numerous other sources, including governmental agencies, citizens' representatives, community groups and individual complainants.

http://www.abc.state.ny.us/JSP/content/enforcement.jsp

SLA Enforcement Agents are NYS Peace Officers, they have arrest powers and do carry Firearms.