Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Manhattan - High Rise Fire w/ Collapse - FF LODD's

79 posts in this topic

I don't know much about it yet. A fire is being reported at 130 Liberty St. in Manhattan, on floors 17-21 of the Deustche Bank building. The building is under demolition. A mayday was just transmitted and a roll call is underway. Eng 283, Rescue 3 and their collapse rig were just assigned. Unknown further.

Yes, I just came from down there. They are trying to evacuate the surounding area. I work in the WTC site and i am friends witht the owner of the company which is disassembling the building floor by floor from the top down. I know from going up in the building perosnally thee are tanks of oxeygen and actelloline(spelling) everywhere. My job which i run doing the search for human remains has been shut down for the time being in the surounding area because of all the emergency traffic. more details as soon as i get them

Monitoring bits of radio TX now of FDNY Manhattan.

1705 HRS

3rd Alarm was transmitted and numerous units special call in

such as additional Engines, Ladders, Rescues, Batt. Chiefs, Building Collapse, Field Comm, Bosses, etc.

10-76 now a 10-66

Fire in 14 thru 17 Floors

High Rise Bldg Fire w/ Collapse

FF "May-Day" was TX.

They have a third alarm assignment reporting to staging. Batallion chief earlier said they had recieved maydays two additional FAST trucks were being dispatched.

4th alarm just transmitted....5:12PM.

Edited by BFD196

10-66 Missing, lost, trapped, or seriously injured member requiring extrication (Increases response by transmission of the next higher alarm, 1 additional deputy chief, 2 battalion chiefs, the collapse unit from the borough of incident, a collapse rescue task force, an additional squad, a SOC Support ladder, a FAST unit, a CFR-D engine, SOC Logistics support van, SOC Compressor truck, SOC Dewartering unit, Public Information officer, EMS division captain, EMS Haz-Tac officer, a BLS ambulance, an ALS ambulance, an EMS Rescue Paramedic ambulance, OMA response physician and a medical officer.) If the cause of the 10-66 is due to a collapse, a signal 10-60 also must be transmitted.

From looking at google maps, it apears its the building right across the street from 10 house which is being demolished due to damage from 9/11...again it looks to possibly be that building, I'm not saying it is. Now they are saying avoid exposure three due to falling debris.

It is the building right accross greenwich street on the coner of liberty greenwich and albany streets. not much access from liberty street side as they have large piles of metel taken from building. an idea how close to 10 house is a few months ago a pipe fell from one of the upper floors and came through the roof of 10 house

It is the building right accross greenwich street on the coner of liberty greenwich and albany streets. not much access from liberty street side as they have large piles of metel taken from building. an idea how close to 10 house is a few months ago a pipe fell from one of the upper floors and came through the roof of 10 house

wcbs.com says its the deutchs bank

Edited by anesti1

wcbs.com says its the deutchs bank

That would be the building i am talking about

WABC reports one firefighter transported to the hospital in cardiac arrest.

New York- WABC, August 18, 2007) - The Deustche Bank skyscraper, heavily damaged during the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, is on fire Saturday afternoon in Lower Manhattan.

Related Links

Click: Eyewitness News Video on Demand

Get Desktop Alerts

Get Email Alerts

The Fire Department says The 40-story tower, left vacant since it was badly damaged during the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, had flames on multiple floors. Smoke floated above New York Harbor.

Construction crews had been in the process of taking it down floor by floor. The cause of the fire was unknown.

Eyewitness News is told one firefighter was transported to the hospital in cardiac arrest.

The NYPD called a level 2 mobilization in lower manhattan for traffic control

The building on Liberty Street has become a problem for redevelopers in the nearly six years since the attacks. The 1.4 million square foot office tower stood as a downtown Manhattan eyesore, contaminated with toxic dust and debris after the World Trade Center's south tower collapsed into it.

Efforts to dismantle the skyscraper were halted by a labor dispute last year, along with the ongoing search for the remains of 9/1 victims. The Deutsche bank building is among the sites were remains were recently recovered in the area.

1728 HRS

FDNY "Fall Back - Step 3"

Manhattan

Thats NOT what I wanted to hear...Thoughts and prayers with the Brothers...

I hate to say it but there are ALOT of toxins in that building. I am wondering how large the exposer area is if there is one. Everything that comes out of that building is wrapped and boxed and transported by ATC carting which specializes in asbestos removel

wow this has a feeling of the last scene of backdraft... Thoughts and prayers to the family.

5th alarm transmitted at approximately 18:11, I believe.

at 6:10 a fifth alarm was transmitted

5th Alarm just transmitted at 18:10

E71 Acting 34, E26, E54, E8, L24, L4, BC51 are the 5th Alarm Assignment

Edit: I guess we were all listening...

Edited by BFD182

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by an OMA physician or medical officer response? And does fall-back have another meaning other then the obvious one? Also what are the different levels of NYPD mobilization and what do they mean? Thoughts and prayers to the firefighter.

-Jared

Edited by JaredHG

Pardon my ignorance, but what do you mean by an OMA physician or medical officer response? And does fall-back have another meaning other then the obvious one? Also what are the different levels of NYPD mobilization and what do they mean? Thoughts and prayers to the firefighter.

-Jared

nypd MOBILIZATIONS:

Level One Responding Borough Task Force

Level Two Task Force - City Wide

Level Three Local Borough Precinct Personnel

Level Four Precinct Personnel - City Wide

fdny fall step back

* Step 1 = No contact - no response to ERS boxes. This is in effect every day from 0800 to 2300 hours.

* Step 2 = Step 1 and 1 engine response to mechanical boxes.

* Step 3 = Step 2 and 1 engine, 1 ladder and a BC to all structural alarms.

sorry the best i can do

Edited by anesti1

WABC news reports that there are now 2 firefighters transported from the scene in cardiac arrest.

-Jared

OMA=Office of Medical Affairs (FDNY has 'EMS Doctors' that provide medical direction and control). There is at least one doctor on duty at all times. A response from him means that he is responding to the scene to provide direct medical control. The last two questions have already been answered.

6th alarm has been transmitted, about 5-10 minutes ago

1010 wins reports 3 members taken to a local hospital 1 in cardiac arrest 1 with a broken ankle and 1 with smoke inhalation, well i was all siked and ready for the redbull vs la galaxy match but this has bummed me out ill will be thinking and praying for the 3 ff's during the game.

OMA=Office of Medical Affairs (FDNY has 'EMS Doctors' that provide medical direction and control). There is at least one doctor on duty at all times. A response from him means that he is responding to the scene to provide direct medical control. The last two questions have already been answered.

Can you clarify the "fall back"? The posted explanation on that wasn't clear to me.

At 19:43 a 7th alarm has been transmitted.