Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
INIT915

Michael Greco EMT, Empress EMS/OVAC

49 posts in this topic

GRECO, MICHAEL

August 19, 2007

Credit: The Journal News

Michael Greco of Hawthorne passed away Saturday after a brave fight with Ewing's Sarcoma for the past two years. Born in White Plains to Enrico and Terri McCann Greco, he graduated from Westlake High School in 1999, and Westchester Community College. He was employed with E.M.S. in Yonkers. Besides his parents he is survived by his sister Laura, paternal grandmother Carmela Lapore Greco, girlfriend Jodi Contini, many cousins, aunts and uncles. Reposing at the Maher Funeral Home, Pleasantville, Sunday 7-9 and Monday 2-4 and 7-9 pm. Mass of Christian Burial, Tuesday 10 am at Holy Rosary Church. Interment, Gate of Heaven Cemetery. In lieu of flowers contributions may be made to Sarcoma research, 1275 York Avenue, New York, NY 10065.

Another tragic loss for the Empress EMS family.

Please post your condolences here so they can be passed along to the family.

EMPRESS EMS

It is with great sadness that we must announce the passing of a member of the Empress family. Our deepest sympathies go out to the friends and family of Michael Greco, EMT.

Wake:

Sunday August 19, 2007

Hours: 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.

Monday August 20, 2007

Hours: 2:00 – 4:00 P.M. and 7:00 – 9:00 P.M.

Maher Funeral Home

117 Washington Ave, Pleasantville NY

(914) 769-2044

Funeral Services:

Tuesday August 21, 2007

Holy Rosary Church

170 Bradhurst Avenue

Hawthorne NY

(914) 769-0030

Mass will be held at 10:00 A.M. followed by a short precession to: Gate of Heaven Cemetery

10 W Stevens Avenue

Hawthorne NY

Agencies wishing to participate in the procession should contact Empress at (914) 965-5040 x 3042

Rest in Peace, Mike, you will be missed. We know you are in a better place, now.

To the "Capt.of Support Services" lol

Mike you were one of the people that show me the ropes at Empress, And just like Jessica you were also taken to soon. It was an honnor to meet your family tonight, and to stand guard as you respond to your last call. We missed haveing you on the criuse this year, and we were heartbroken when we got the fateful textmessage the next morning. My GOD watch over you, and may you watch over us, Protect us from the job you honestly love, and save a spot for us up there.

We miss you all ready mike,

-Vinny

Rest in Peace, Brother. You fought a hard fight and now is the time to rest. Thoughts and prayers to his families, personal and Empress EMS.

Duane

rest in peace thoughts and prayers to the empress and ovac members

Rest In Peace! I went all through school with Michael. My heart goes out to his family.

May he Rest In Peace

RIP and may God bless you and your family

Rest In Peace brother

Mike Fitzgerald FF/EMT-I

Horry County Fire/Rescue

Horry County SC

Deepest condolences to the friends, family and co-workers of Mike.

RIP

Mike

May God keep you safe & allow you to visit us time and again. Thank you for your time & dedication. To your Family may they have comfort that they can know for sure you are in Heaven (To Soon, but continuing your tour). To use a phrase that a Medic I work with uses. Mike did for others by making God think twice. Rest In Peace.

Tom Orpikowski 738

My Payers

I worked with Mike many times back at the Empire, and he was a good guy. Having not worked with or seen him in a while, and even knowing of his condition, I was shocked and saddened to hear the news. He was truly too young for his fate, and this should make us all appreciate his life, and how lucky we are to be here. I wish his family condolences, and my prayers will be with them.

Rest in peace, Mike.