Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

How Did You Come Up With Your Screen Name?

66 posts in this topic

I'm just curious how people came up with their screennames?

I have two on this forum, obiously one is EMTBravo. That one, I have no idea how I came up with it. Honestly, I think what had happened was that I registered with an ISP, and needed to create a screen name. I had just passed my EMT test at 18 years old, and was watching "Johnny Bravo" on the Cartoon Network while working on my computer. So I think both of those things just blended, not realized how much of an effect that name picked so thoughtlessly would have in the future.

As for the x635, 635 was my assigned shield number at 60 Control. I "retired" from 60 Control in 2003 to attend college in Massachusetts, so hence the "x". I always took pride in my number when dispatching and it used to be everyone knew a lot of dispatchers from their number only. So I thought that would make a good screen name to identify myself.

How did you come up with yours?

(Oh, and if you want to change your screen name, contact me at x635@emtbravo.com)

Well, I had tried to update my AIM SN back in the day, and I wanted 'firefighter484' but it was already taken. My younger brother had a screenname that has the letter 'x' at the beginning and end, and I liked how it looked, so I tried it out with my name, and it seemed to fit!

The 484 comes from my month and year of birth, 4-84, April of '84.

Hence, xfirefighter484x!

My user name is my first name and my year of birth and it is easy to remember

242 is Rye's "Department Number" assigned by Westchester County. The second part is my first name. Ok, so its kinda boring :P

My screen name says it all. PCFD E 58 1969-1990 some of which were the war years in PC

At the time I joined I was Millwood's 3rd Lieutenant county car #2257.... Hence MFC2257. I should probably change it now that I'm out of state.

I used to be a member of the Port Chester-Rye Explorer Post 700 (was a member when I joined EMTBravo) and that lead me to name myself PCFDRFD700.

My first out engine's call sign prior to reorganisation. Now they don't use the numbers at all, its simply Happy Valley Pumper, how boring!!

When I first joined, I was living in Orange County as a EMT and the first 3 digits of my cert. are 246. Hence "orangEMT246" B)

Jones is my last name, Jonesy was always my fathers nickname so I just used Jonesy- 368 is my department number. But I always use another name ( which I am going to take seth up on his offer to change) moosecfd368. Moose is my nickname since birth, the nurses named me moose because I was 10lbs, 24 inches at birth!! cfd- Cobleskill Fire Dept, 368-my number...moosecfd368. Seth, I will shoot you an e-mail to request I change that bro, thanks!!

My father was a Medical Doctor in Croton Falls for many years, and ever since I was a little kid, I was given the nickname DOC, and my CFFD member number is 22, hence DOC22. Also known by some as CFFD22.

My screen name says it all. PCFD E 58 1969-1990 some of which were the war years in PC

PCFD ENG58 1990 - PRESENT. Been trying to fill E58RET shoes driving the [MIDNIGHT SPECIAL] the workhorse of the P.C.F.D..with the help of a lot of good firefighters from the dept. we are able to snuff out alot of fires before they get going.

WOW!! Seth youre fast. I didnt even have to send you an e-mail. Thanks Brother!! Im now officially moosecfd368.

LTNRFD

Lieutenant New Rochelle Fire Department. Simple and straight forward. I guess I should add Ret. to my screen name now that I'm retired.

lets go rangers!!!

G = Graves

M = Messier

9 = Graves' number

11 = Messier's number

I think mine is pretty self explanatory, I'm an enthusiast obsessed with fire apparatus of all shapes, sizes, and colors. Have been for as long as I can remember. I'm new to this site and this is my first chance to say thanks to x635 for having this awesome site!

firetruckfanatic

Remember585

Because nobody should ever forget.

And because it has made me open my eyes and realize that bad things can and will happen, and that we should all do whatever we can to avoid them. Train as your life depends on it and always look out for your brothers & sisters.

pfdff

pretty simple, poughkeepsie fire dept firefighter

Mine takes the cake for self-explanatory! Future Fireman is really simple.

Mike

mines is shac 7313 because i was an LT with the sleepyhollowambcorps. ;)

Hah. Years and years ago I was chatting on IRC under the handle 'abaddon'. A friend suggested this was far too 'sinister' a nickname for someone like me (it was taken after a character in a book, but apparently also has biblical connotations) so, purely for laughs, I changed it to 'abaduck'... which caused much hilarity, and it stuck!

Mike

Irishfire was because I was Irish and Living in Verplanck it is mostly Irish (Hense the Green Trucks) and I Love FireFighting. When we Switch over to the NET, my old screen name was not working so I had a New one and added 2491 which is Verplanck Chief car Number

EJS1810 EJS are my initials, 1810 was given to me in between terms as a Chief by the Chief of the Brewster FD at the time (thanks TP) and now I use it like Westchester to identify some Ex-Chiefs.

Mine is my Intials and badge Number for my job ...

1st came the silver badge # E.F.D 1674, then came the gold Deputy Chief

Very simple. Port Chester Fd Tower Ladder 2 and Ladder 31. (tl2l31)

STAT for STAT Flight.

213 was my crew number.

I would do xstat213 but you take the number with you when you leave.

16 years in the fire service (it's 17 now) with 5 different departments (pretty sure that number won't change)

I am Irish and a medic. The 643 is my old Sloper RIN#

Cute :lol:

When i first started out in EMS 4 or so years ago one of my buddies i rode with often just started calling me that...couldn't tell you why thought, ha.