Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Truck4

And the new MV Commish is.....

36 posts in this topic

...The Union President

Former Union President.....................

Former Union President.....................

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Mike

Is that a good thing or bad thing?

Mike

it's a big conflict of interest, so that would be bad.

with the former mayor under investigation with the feds, the issues with the old commissioner, the current mayor spending campaign funds to take some co-workers to Italy, the old rescue 1 given away, then the new owner selling it for scraps, i feel like i watching a sitcom!

...keep up the wonderful entertainment mt vernon, you're getting some high viewer ratings from me

Good luck Noah

and Mount Vernon FD

Hopefully the Mayor will listen to the "New" Commissioner on the needs of the FDMV Brotherhood

Edited by LT429

it's a big conflict of interest, so that would be bad.

with the former mayor under investigation with the feds, the issues with the old commissioner, the current mayor spending campaign funds to take some co-workers to Italy, the old rescue 1 given away, then the new owner selling it for scraps, i feel like i watching a sitcom!

...keep up the wonderful entertainment mt vernon, you're getting some high viewer ratings from me

What makes it a conflict of interest? If he is no longer an acting member of the union why is it a conflict?

Best of luck Noah,can I have your locker???

What are his credentials? Why doesn't that Dept. do the right thing and higher a qualified outsider with no ties to the current administartion, like the PD does. Bring in a retired FDNY Chief to get that place back in order and somewhat professional again. Hiring a former Union President as an Administrator doesn't work and has been proven by those Depts. across the nation that have done it. Just ask the guys in Yonkers. The same guy that fought all those yrs. for the Union is now the same guy fighting the Union. Can you say HYPOCRATE!

What makes it a conflict of interest? If he is no longer an acting member of the union why is it a conflict?

for the sake of the city, i hope you we don't see why it is, but it is. he was a big wig in the union and now he's head of that of which he was trying to tame. needless to say it has potential but doesn't mean it will happen.

What are his credentials? Why doesn't that Dept. do the right thing and higher a qualified outsider with no ties to the current administartion, like the PD does. Bring in a retired FDNY Chief to get that place back in order and somewhat professional again. Hiring a former Union President as an Administrator doesn't work and has been proven by those Depts. across the nation that have done it. Just ask the guys in Yonkers. The same guy that fought all those yrs. for the Union is now the same guy fighting the Union. Can you say HYPOCRATE!

I would imagine a career firefighter is also a member of the IAFF (although not guaranteed). Therefore, also being a volunteer firefighter is in itself hypocrisy.

In addition, how can one say a former union president who now is a commissioner is a hypocrite just for taking the job? Maybe his motivation and goal is to take care of the personnel. We will see.

Wish him, and the Mt. Vernon brothers good luck.

I believe that all we can do is to wish the new FDMV Commissioner the very best, and hope that he is able to bring the staffing and equipment levels back to where they need to be (like back in the late 60's early 70's). Hopefully within the next 2 years we can see:

Station 1:

Engine 6

Ladder 2

Station 2:

Engine 5

Ladder 3

Rescue 1

Foam 1

Station 3:

Engine 3

Ladder 1

Engine 1

Station 4:

Engine 4

Engine 2

Along with this, let's hope the New Commissioner can also have:

2 Additional Working Spare Engine Trucks (maybe purchase 2 of what excess Yonkers might have when they take delivery of their 2 new ALF Engines [308 & 309] later this year)

1 Additional Working Spare Ladder Truck (already have 1)

1 Additional Working Spare Rescue Truck (look at purchasing an old reconditioned rescue truck - yes, I know, they had one and they let is get away)

Good luck to the brothers in Mount Vernon. Hope the new commish helps you get what you need

Before being so critical and negative, we should give this guy an open mind and a chance. He's much more qualified then some of the people that have held the position in the past, and things in Mount Vernon are pretty rockbottom as it is already.

I'm interested to hear how things change as the new commisioner gets his feet wet in the new post, and hope the MV guys will report back to us.

I would imagine a career firefighter is also a member of the IAFF (although not guaranteed). Therefore, also being a volunteer firefighter is in itself hypocrisy.

Well put!

lol smile the BEST IS YET TO COME !!! GOD BLESS BRO.

Wasn't he mopre or less Ernie's yes man at one time?

I wish the new MVFD commissioner all the best.

Hopefully he'll have success turning things around as commissioner that he was unable to, as union president.

We wish Noah the best. I am sure he knows the problems first hand. lets hope he takes control and command fast and establishes himself as a Commissioner with authority but works with class and diginity to restore Mount Vernon to the top of the class in Fire Protection. The citizens deserve it and so do the member of the Department.

May god blass him and all the members of FDMV.

What are you guys smokin because whatever it is I'd like some. They said the same thing about all their other Commissioners, Chiefs, Mayors, etc. etc.. Nothin but another smoke screen. Like I said earlier, talk to YFD members. As far as hypocrates are concerned, it's no different then Career guys jumping on rigs to provide FDMV with m/a manpower when the brothers in Local 107 asked them on more then one occassion to stay the $uck out! Some Brotherhood! Let's see what the new Commish's position will be on m/a. I wonder if he'll still feel the same way as he did when he was Union President? I hope he does the right thing and just doesn't become another political puppet to the mayor. Time will tell.

Did the new Commish retire yet from the Job? If not how can he be appointed as Commissioner if he is still on the payroll as a ff.?

"Can't we all just get along"!

Jodi they are all just arm chair quarterbacks who knows how it will work out time will tell

MOUNT VERNON - Mayor Clinton Young is appointing his sister to a key post in city government - just one of a number of commissioner and deputy commissioner appointments he announced yesterday.

Article

sorry mt vernon FF's, but this new stunt of your grand mayor drastically lessens the creditability of your new fire commissioner...

as i said in my post yesterday...keep up the entertainment mt vernon...so many unethical, tainted and corrupted cases for such a small city...

We also forgot to mention a new deputy as well. Deborah's moving to City Hall,

- Theodore "Teddy" Beale, 53, was appointed deputy fire commissioner. He has 12 years experience as a firefighter and 24 years as a dispatcher. He was picked because of his experience securing grants and reviewing budgets as the fire union treasurer, the mayor said.

I've known Teddy since High School. I think he knows the fire service and is an upstanding guy. One that can be trusted to do the right thing.

Lets all give them a chance to prove themselves it is a big step from someone who was a foot doctor and one that was a fundraser

Hey, if Noah and Teddy can bring back Engine 1, Ladder 1 and Foam 1 all into full time front line service, with proper full manpower allotments per rig througout the city, then we can all call these 2 "true Heroes" as it relates to the City of Mount Vernon.

I think that everyone would be interested in hearing from both the New Commissioner and the New Deputy Commissioner at a news conference talking about their new appointments and the plans that they both have for improving the City of Mount Vernon Fire Department.

From the Journal News:

- Noah Lighty, 54, was appointed fire commissioner. He has been a firefighter for 21 years and is president of the city firefighters union. He will make $90,619.

- Theodore "Teddy" Beale, 53, was appointed deputy fire commissioner. He has 12 years experience as a firefighter and 24 years as a dispatcher. He was picked because of his experience securing grants and reviewing budgets as the fire union treasurer, the mayor said. He will make $68,959

Are these salaries comparable to other fire commissioners? Seems a bit low to me for top level management.