Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Briarcliff Manor FD's New Engine 94

56 posts in this topic

Cheap and bare? Not in my book...thats a nice peice!

I personally like the rig and wish them good luck with it.

Do you guys go on all ems runs?

Currently E92 goes on west side EMS calls and R37 on east side EMS calls. This is done for manpower for lifting, not as a BLS first response. The apparatus will not roll without making sure that the ambulance is covered, as we run a FD based ambulance not a VAC.

As for the 1981 Mack MC, after all the equiptment is removed it will be sent to the highway garage, and the village will be putting it up for auction.

Cheap? Cheap? Wow. I'd hate to see how much taxpayer money you get to waste.

BM's pump is a nice looking truck. You want to see some cheap pumps, come to my town.

Thanks for the info plectron. Good luck with the new engine!

Now thats purrrrrrddddyyyy. I really like the look of your new engine. The white with the red looks nice.

Thats a nice looking engine....I wish my hometown (Norwalk CT) stayed with white for there last purchase......and Even tho I like there Marion's who wouldnt want to see a Seagrave running around in town

Edited by sr71

I like it. Good Luck............. The preconnected trash line is a plus and also the short length of 5" under the pump panel is key too. I like the Chevron striping on the back for safety. More and more departments are going with the unpainted rollup doors because the paint is prone to chip and peel as it does on one of our trucks. The only question I have is why does the rear ladder bracket appear to block the rear warning lights? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

Anyway, looks great. Good Luck.

I like it. Good Luck............. The preconnected trash line is a plus and also the short length of 5" under the pump panel is key too. I like the Chevron striping on the back for safety. More and more departments are going with the unpainted rollup doors because the paint is prone to chip and peel as it does on one of our trucks. The only question I have is why does the rear ladder bracket appear to block the rear warning lights? Maybe it's just the angle of the photo.

Anyway, looks great. Good Luck.

It's the pic angle - if I remember from what I saw the other day.

how come it dosen't have a bell? i thought thats a seagrave look or tradition

According to what was posted here earlier, it is going to get the bell from the engine that it is replacing.

According to what was posted here earlier, it is going to get the bell from the engine that it is replacing.

oh thanks didn't read it

Hey guys..anybody notice that the master pump gauges "hydrant n pressure" are showing built up pressure. could be a problem taking the steamer cap off!!!!!!!!!!!! pull the main drain.

That pressure build-up was just from sitting out in the sun!

It was up to almost 40#

A drain was fully opened after the shoot...

Very nice rig, just wondering which compartment do you keep the Good Humor, just kidding don't go getting your panties in a bunch.

how come it dosen't have a bell? i thought thats a seagrave look or tradition

The bell, the same bell that was on the 1981 mack, and the 50's era mack before that, is out for re-chroming.

The New Engine 94 looks nice :D

Best of luck to Briarcliff Manor Fire Department!

After checking out some more pics, nice engine. Looked a little plain at first.

I'm not into the rotators at differnet hieghts in the rear. It might be just me but i like symetry.

Here's the scoop......

2008 Seagrave Rescue/Engine

2000gpm/500gal/30gal foam

8 man cab

Harrison pto hyd. generator

Light tower on roof of cab

Officers side is set up for MVA's ( thats why the ladder rack is on the drivers side)

2 hurst tool pump's and reels, preconnected to spreaders and cutters.

3 mattydales, 2 1/2 & 2- 1 3/4

trash line in bumper

Wired remote controled deck gun

will carry appx. 1300ft of 5"

Storage coffin on top of officers side compartments

Actually that's a 50gal. foam tank. Some additional information:

Stainless steel Marauder II cab and stainless body

Detroit Diesel 60 Series 430 HP (non-reburning)

Allison 4000-ESV transmission

Rudd automatic chains

Telma Retarder

Vogul auto lube system

ABS

Traction Control

Generator is 15Kw, and rig has dual 200' electric reels

Wilburt Night Scan NS-15-9000 light tower

Dual extendable FRC 1000w Focus scene lights on each side of cab; 750w Focus on brow.

Reverse camera system

Pump is Hale single stage QMax

High volume discharge

Task force 18" Extend-a-gun (for deck gun).

All discharges have FRC GPM readouts.

FRC Pump Boss govenor

All compartmens are lit with LEDs.

Ladders: 30ft 3 section, 14ft roof ladder, 8' Attic ladder.

Edited by EngineCo1

I'm not into the rotators at different heights in the rear. It might be just me but i like symmetry.

I'm the same way but because of the design of the truck, there is no way they can be lined up. It happens but the fact the warning lights are there to do the job they are meant to do. I still love the fact its all white!

Also to BCFD Engine members, just a question. Why did you all decide on the swing-down ladder rack instead of an enclosed ladder rack on the driver side compartments?

Also to BCFD Engine members, just a question. Why did you all decide on the swing-down ladder rack instead of an enclosed ladder rack on the driver side compartments?

The drop down ladder rack makes it much easier to get at the ladders. If you have them anywhere down low, it will push your hosebed up higher by a significant margin or even intrude into the tank, pushing the hosebed back. If they were in a box on top, they would be very hard to get down. The ladder rack does take away some compartment space, and as the driver's side compartments are not full "rescue" depth all the way up, choosing the driver's side forfeited less compartment space. We could not use full depth compartments on both sides as we would not have had sufficient hose capacity....hence the asymetrical design.

Cheap looking? I can't understand that statement. It's an elegant looking rig.

Best of luck to BMFD with it!

Nice truck, Good luck with it. I hope you have fun during parade season keeping it white, Stay away from the mud puddles.