Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ONLOCATION

Briarcliff Manor FD's New Engine 94

56 posts in this topic

Very bare and cheap looking...But it's a Seagrave, so not cheap!!

Good luck with the new rig.

Delivered to Briarcliff last Friday, and preparations are well underway to place the engine into service.

Radios are being installed today.

2008 Seagrave 2000 gpm w/500 gal. tank

Best wishes to Engine Company on their new apparatus!

post-128-1219088066.jpg

post-128-1219088072.jpg

post-128-1219088081.jpg

post-128-1219088088.jpg

post-128-1219088095.jpg

post-128-1219088101.jpg

Past it today--thought it was the new one. Pics don't seem to do it justice but you are right--it is a Seagrave, I am sure it was not cheap-then again--aside from KME--who is anymore?!? Best of luck with it.

One question--I am a bit confused by the different light bar's on the roof. I know the layout and maybethe red lens--but a total different bar? Just wondering the reason behind it thats all.

IT is new..my bad on not putting that in the topic bar

do not have all the particulars but here are some:

Light tower

Foam System

Full pre-connected Hurst extrication Set

Generator

Im sure one of the guys from the Manor can shed more light on what is on the rig....

post-2471-1219089053.jpg

Edited by ONLOCATION

nice truck, very plain and different light scheme going on but i always liked seagrave

Wow, i didnt even realize they got a new engine.

Dont know why people are saying its plain or cheap looking though? Hell, id love to have an engine like that for my fd! As long as it does its job, who the hell cares what it looks like or what kind of lights it has?

Nice rig, best of luck with it BMFD!

Wow, i didnt even realize they got a new engine.

Dont know why people are saying its plain or cheap looking though? Hell, id love to have an engine like that for my fd! As long as it does its job, who the hell cares what it looks like or what kind of lights it has?

Nice rig, best of luck with it BMFD!

True, who cares about the lights....but the answer most likely resembles that of 585's about E119. LED's don't have that bounce effect off of wires, signs, windows that rotators and strobes do. So it is probably to provide proper warning to all as lights are supposed to.

Nice looking, and Mike, Buchanan cannot afford a Seagrave...next time we are buying you guys a horse and carriage!!!!

Nice Engine best of luck with it.

Went down and looked at it today, thanks Lt. Reilly for the tour.

The key things about the rig that I liked were:

Short OAL (Overall length) - 30'.

Low hose bed.

Hurst set up with two tools / pumps.

Chevrons on back.

Foam ready.

Hydraulic generator.

The bell which will come from the current E94 and it's predecessor. (Not a functional item, but I liked the nostalgic feel of it.)

And.....

AT LEAST THE DECK GUN IS RED.... Maybe the white is just a primer?! :P

Best of luck to the BMFD with this well thought out rig. May it bring you many years of great service.

One more thing - it should say "The Babe" on the front, not "The Bus" as a friendly nod to 2051 / 607!!!!

Beautiful Rig!!!! Nice and well thought out! Best of luck with it! And I like the color!

Beautiful Rig!!!! Nice and well thought out! Best of luck with it! And I like the color!

Is it true that they can't have a Spaghetti Diner Fundraiser cause they are afraid of ruining the trucks????

BEAUTIFUL rig!!!! One of the nicest deliveries I've seen in a long time!

Not only is it pretty, but it seems to be spec'd really nicely as well......I really dig the low hosebeds and some of the other firefighter-friendly features that I see...

I like the fact its set up as a WORKING FIRE ENGINE!! :D

Except for one thing, Where is the bell??? The bracket is there are they taking the bell off their old truck and putting it on the Seagrave?

Best of luck with the new engine!!

(now only if New Haven would start purchasing Seagrave engines I'll have a better "hite fix" out here lol!)

585, thanks for the further info/input. I to am a fan of the low hosebed and the length of the rig. Sounds like this rig was very well thought out.

Hey Kris, of course Buchanan cannot afford a Seagrave, not with the way they pay those damn garbagemen ;):P ! I love our Pierce, just wish we could get rid of our damn Sutphen lol.

To the boys and girls of BMFD, congrats and good luck!

I think it is a great looking rig and wish Briarcliff the best of luck with there new rig.

I dont know why everyone must say they dont like the rig for one reason or another the engine was obviously speced to the needs of there department and set up the way they wanted and needed it !

How on earth do you consider that bare and cheap looking!? My God, you need to wander out to the midwest and see what bare and cheap looking really is. I'd love it if more rigs out here looked as good as that one does!

Having grown up in New Haven, CT, I can say I appreciate the white paint job! It is unique, and IMO, adds a touch of class to a rig! Definitely doesn't look bare or cheap! Good luck with the new rig!

The "White Paint Job" is traditional for Briarcliff.

Additionally, before fluorescent paints and retroreflective striping came along, studies have shown white is considered one of the the most visible colors under uniform lighting conditions.

Believe it or not, Red is actually among the least visible emergency vehicle colors, and Lime Yellow, being right in the the middle of the color spectrum, has the highest visibility under the most lighting conditions.

WOW, this guy is rather rough !!! I like it and wish all of the members luck with it....

Buchanan cannot afford a Seagrave...next time we are buying you guys a horse and carriage!!!!

[/quote

Have you been peeking at the specs for the new Rescue-26?

Buchanan cannot afford a Seagrave...next time we are buying you guys a horse and carriage!!!!

[/quote

Have you been peeking at the specs for the new Rescue-26?

No, but don't think you are getting one like Hughsonville! Can't you guys consolidate into a Rescue Engine and get rid of the Sutphen and Bread Van all at once...in fact put the cascade on that truck too. And make it 10 passenger. Ah, just buy Montrose's Condo and that should cover it.

Does this replace a rig or is it an additional piece?

This is a replacement of the existing Engine 94, a 1981 Mack MC

I like it alot nice rig I am big fan seagrave fire engines congrats to BMFD for their new rig Good luck with the new rig

Edited by Jared1979

Here's the scoop......

2008 Seagrave Rescue/Engine

2000gpm/500gal/30gal foam

8 man cab

Harrison pto hyd. generator

Light tower on roof of cab

Officers side is set up for MVA's ( thats why the ladder rack is on the drivers side)

2 hurst tool pump's and reels, preconnected to spreaders and cutters.

3 mattydales, 2 1/2 & 2- 1 3/4

trash line in bumper

Wired remote controled deck gun

will carry appx. 1300ft of 5"

Storage coffin on top of officers side compartments

This will be 1st due for non-structual assisgments. (MVA, car fire, EMS, Ect.)

I'm sure there is more that I am missing, If anyone want more info or a up close look, just shoot me a pm. We are hoping to have the engine in service in 2 weeks.

This will be 1st due for non-structual assisgments. (MVA, car fire, EMS, Ect.)

Do you guys go on all ems runs?

P.S. Looks great. Good luck with it.

Edited by DaRock98

Won't fit os, condo is too big.

Nice engine BMFD!! Good luck with it. Any idea what's being done with the old one?

Congrats to the Engine Co. nice job nice rig....it ain't 92 but it will do ! Second dooo that is!! :P

I wasn't saying I don't like the rig, because I am all for a rig that can get the job done. I just noticed the lights kind of looks weird, and the roll up s are always bare. I'm glad they went with a low hose bed and I hope other Dept'as do that in the future and cut the length, rigs are getting too big these days. Oh and by the way as a vertically challenged firefighter I dig the low hose bed!!!