Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
IzzyEng4

I'm addicted to my iPod!

14 posts in this topic

I just bought an iPod Classic 160GB player the other day to help me cope with my new truck being in the shop for the past week with a major electrical problem (just made that excuse to justify buying one!). So far I transferred half of my CD collection onto the iPod and still haven't put a dent on storage!

So what do you use you iPod for? What is your playlist like?

What is on mine (by artist)

Alter Bridge, Audioslave, Breaking Benjamin, Cat Stevens, The Chemical Brothers, The Crystal Method, Depeche Mode, Ronnie James Dio, Disturbed, Dokken, Garbage, Godsmack, Gorillaz, (hed)P.E., H.I.M., Hurt, The Killers, Killswitch Engage, Los Lonely Boys, Luscious Jackson, Marilyn Manson, Metallica, My Chemical Romance, NIN, Paul Oakenfold, The Orb, The KLF, A Perfect Circle, The Police, Prong, Queensryche, Ra, Rammstein, Rob Zombie / White Zombie, Slayer, Royksopp, Run-D.M.C., Ryuichi Sakamoto (original member of YMO), Scorpions, Soul Asylum, Stabbing Westward, Stained, Static-X, Three Days Grace, Tool, Velvet Revolver, Winger and Within Temptation to name a few.

What podcast do you check out?

Careful Izzy, you're apt to break that thing. Dokken and Cat Stevens in the same Ipod? Surely it will implode! :lol:

Kids cartoons keeps them busy when you are about to lose your mind, ITUNES has nick,nick jr and cartoon network plus best of youtube

I have a 30Gb IPOD Video. Currently, a little over 2100 songs, which equates to 5.7 days worth of music. I f I were to name all the artists this would be a very long post.

I love my music.

I have the 30 gig as well... loaded up with everything from Slayer and Metallica, to Toby Keith, The Doors, and Elvis. I think i've got close to 5000 songs, plus 3 Seasons of Viva La Bam, 2 Seasons of Family Guy, 3 Seasons of Jackass, along with My Cousin Vinny and the Dukes of Hazzard movie. I think I've still got 3 or 4 gigs left to play with too...

And for any of you bikers with iPods.. I just ordered this system from a buddy of mine who is a dealer... 2 speakers, amplifier, and all the wiring to play your iPod on your motorcycle. It's a great system. You can even hear it at highway speeds with loud pipes. If anybody wants one, let me know.. I'll hook you up with my guy. His prices are a little cheaper than the website.

http://www.uniqcycle.com/

I have an older 20GB iPod that I got for Christmas four years ago from my wife. I left it in the box for three years, fearing the same frustration I had with everyone else's mp3 players that had to be reset almost constantly by "Dad"....me. Last year, I finally took out my iPod and started playing with it. I had a major revelation.

The iPod is incredibly simple and reliable. It's installed in my car, a 2007 Impala LTZ. After briefly using the factory accesory jack, I replaced my factory stereo (Delco) with an aftermarket JVC head unit and new Polk speakers with an 8" powered subwoofer in the trunk. The JVC interface module allows me to control the iPod through the head unit, so I can safely tuck the iPod away out of sight. I love the damn thing so much, I didn't even bother hooking up the FM antenna to my new stereo. Who needs it when you have almost 3,000 songs that you actually WANT to listen to, commercial-free, right at your fingertips? Besides, most radio "personalities" are jerk-offs, so I have no need to hear anything they have to say, either. I used to have XM too, and I just let that lapse.

I bought my wife and kids Creative Zen mp3 players a couple of years ago, it was supposedly one of the better ones out there. They were all POS, and made it to the trash. We all have iPods now, and everyone is rockin' on! B)

I just got the new 3G IPhone and I am in love with the Ipod on it. I take it with me everywhere and can do anything with it. The only complaint I have is that it drains my phone battery other then that I highly recommend it to everyone.

I have a 30 gig, I have jackass the movie 1 and 2, the simpsons movie, and can't forget all the episodes of emergency!! Lots of country ranging from buckey covington to Garth brooks, some rock ranging from nickelback to hatebreed, some oldies like the temptations, the foundations, rod stewart, sting, Bryan Adams.

Careful Izzy, you're apt to break that thing. Dokken and Cat Stevens in the same Ipod? Surely it will implode! :lol:

LOL I guess that what happens after being a musician for 25 years!!! I'll be careful now because I just added my King Diamond / Merciful Fate collection into it!

Although I lost my latest generation iPod video that I got as a gift last Christmas after losing my first one, and then having iTunes "lose" my library of songs (the backup of which I cannot find), I still love the iPod and hope it will show up soon.

On my iPod, you'll find Disturbed, Stone Stour, Fort Minor, Flyleaf, Adema, Apocolyptica, Drowning Pool, Five Finger Death Punch, Slipknot, Cold, Dogfight, Egypt Central, Element Eight, Earshot, Evanesence, Evans Blue, Five.Bolt.Main, From Zero, Fuel, Gaskit, Hurt, I, 10 Years, 32 Leaves, Ill Nino, Linkin Park, Memento, Motograter, Nirvana, Nonpoint, Pressure 4-5, Psydafect, Shinedown, Sixx AM, Staind (their older stuff), Soilwork, Soil, Trapt, Unloco, Stereomud, 3rd Strike, and some other various bands and songs along the same lines.

Izzy, Ive got The Allman Brothers, CDB, Counting Crows, Big Head Todd and the Monsters, David Gray, DMB, Donavan Frankenreiter, Jet, Nine Inch Nails, Jimi Hendrix, Blues Traveler, The Killers, Radiohead, Rush, Lynyrd Skynyrd, SRV, Phil Lesh, The Dead, Van Morrison, Sublime, and Govt Mule (Check them out, just saw them in Danbury and going to see them again at the Chevrolet Theatre in Wallingford ).

I just got the new 3G IPhone and I am in love with the Ipod on it. I take it with me everywhere and can do anything with it. The only complaint I have is that it drains my phone battery other then that I highly recommend it to everyone.

I got the iPhone too and it is great but the internet is what really kills the battery and the ipod doesnt drain mine too much if you put on a playlist and leave it.

I got a 8GB Nano. Love it, use it in the car, running, at work, at home, everywhere. My biggest weakness is itunes. It is far too easy to sit there and buy every song I ever liked growing up for a buck. Problem: the bucks add up.

On my ipod, you will find Boston, Journey, Marshall Tucker Band, Allman Brothers, Iron Maiden, Spyro Gyra and other misc. jazz, Rush, Metallica, Hootie & the Blowfish, and a bunch of playlists for the kids including songs from Spongebob Squarepants, Jimmy Neutron, iCarly, and other nonsense. Even with over 700 songs, there is hardly a dent in the 8GB.

Joe C.