Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TAPSJ

Wal-Mart Worker Trampled To Death

30 posts in this topic

It amazes me that people get killed over some reduced price items. Just wait another few weeks and they will be going out of business and everthing will be really cheap

"Black Friday" is getting ridiculous...this and now a shooting in the Palm Springs area of California at a Toys R Us..not much info coming out yet, just 2 DOAs.

Regarding the Wal*Mart incident, who else feels the store's business practices are inciting this behavior?? Products at extremely low prices, but only 5-10 of those items at that price. While people need to be civilized, stores should be required to have enough stock if they're going to offer that type of price to not incite riot-like behavior...

It is amazing how people care more about an object,then human life.there talking about this being a bad year.there going to be more bargains.this makes me sick.

A very similiar incident occurred at the WalMart in the Cortlandt Town Center this morning (approx. 5:05am) when a shopper was trampled on by a large crowd at the front doors to the state of briefly losing conciousness. The shopper was transported by EMS to the hospital. In this case as well, first responders dealt with large crowds refusing to move out of the way and heavy parking lot traffic (vehicular and pedestrian).

Edited by CG206

I'll pay full price and even shipping so I don't have to deal with all the people and lines!!!!!!! and Patch6713 Wal-mart isnt going out of business any time soon!!!!!!!LOL

Just goes to show there are alot of idiots out there. All to save a buck that you can't take to the grave.

I agree with that. How come no one realized this person was on the ground???? Oh wait, i know, the 95 inch tv for 2 dollars. Gotcha.

Glad to see Wal Mart got the blood cleaned up and the doors back open a few hours later. Would have been terrible if people hadn't been able to get their $9 DVDs just because somebody died. :angry:

"Black Friday is getting ridiculous...this and now a shooting in the palm Springs area of California at a Toys R Us..not much info coming out yet, just 2 DOAs.

Regarding the Wal*Mart incident, who else feels the store's business practices are inciting this behavior?? Products at extremely low prices, but only 5-10 of those items at that price. While people need to be civilized, stores shoul;d be required to have enough stock if they're going to offer that type of price to not incite riot-like behavior...

Heres more info on the shooting

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/11/28/...tr=U.S._4637468

Just goes to show there are alot of idiots out there. All to save a buck that you can't take to the grave.

according to what I saw on the news, "customers" were angry with the police officers as they told them to leave so the officers could close the store for the investigation... :rolleyes::rolleyes:

My condolences to the employees family.

Anyone that is in that much of a hurry to get to friggin Walmart should be put in for a psyche evaluation!!

Should have locked the doors and arrested everyone in the store. Sadly, you'll never be able to charge most of these idiots with anything but if nothing more than to send them all out of store empty handed hours after they entered you would at least take away the deals these animals valued more than a human life.

Should have locked the doors and arrested everyone in the store.

reports stated the crowd broke down the doors.

Wow, this is utterly...disgusting.

Wow puts a new spin on black friday hasn't anyone heard of shopping on line??????????

I haven't been holiday shopping in years, yes it takes away from the spirit but all that goes out the window when you have to deal with the numerous idiots that are there with you. I do all my shopping on line.

The store should play back the video and charge anyone they can ID with involuntary manslaughter.

I haven't been holiday shopping in years, yes it takes away from the spirit but all that goes out the window when you have to deal with the numerous idiots that are there with you. I do all my shopping on line.

The store should play back the video and charge anyone they can ID with involuntary manslaughter.

agreed! Someone needs to be held accountable and made example of. Walmart corporate hopefully steps in and takes care of this persons family.

One point to think of in this case is that once the person goes down - it can be very difficult for anyone in the crowd to avoid them. The push from people behind is so intense that you will get swept along.

I recall an incident at a 1989 football (soccer) game in England where 96 people died as a result of the crowd dynamics ...

http://www.crowddynamics.com/Main/Crowddisasters.html

Hopefully, being slightly optimistic, retailers, and others can learn something from this tragedy.

At the Walmart in Concord, NC where I live they opened the the doors before 5:00 and let the people stand in lines in various parts of the store where sale items were located. At 5:00 when the sale started people still got a bit crazy but it avoided a stampede. They also had uniformed officers in the store which I'm sure Walmart foot the bill for.

Cell Phone pictures from the scene are up at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/galleries...n_pictures.html

If you take a look at picture 11, you can see a woman clearly past the tape and overturned shopping carts, wondering why she isn't allowed in. Apparently a few police cars and crime scene tape didn't mean anything to her. You can almost hear the conversation the officer is having with her. I think it is time we move to electrified crime scene tape.

Cell Phone pictures from the scene are up at:

http://www.nydailynews.com/money/galleries...n_pictures.html

If you take a look at picture 11, you can see a woman clearly past the tape and overturned shopping carts, wondering why she isn't allowed in. Apparently a few police cars and crime scene tape didn't mean anything to her. You can almost hear the conversation the officer is having with her. I think it is time we move to electrified crime scene tape.

Thats a small wallmart, Mine is 2 times bigger with lots of doors and open 24/7, You would think it be like that being near the city

I think it is time we move to electrified crime scene tape.

Maybe cattle prods instead of PR-24's???

agreed! Someone needs to be held accountable and made example of. Walmart corporate hopefully steps in and takes care of this persons family.

Wal*Mart doesn't give a crap about it's employees. You don't believe me, just ask the employee's non-existant union, which the employees have been trying to get for years.

:angry:

I hate Wal*Mart.

Mike

Wow puts a new spin on black friday hasn't anyone heard of shopping on line??????????

I shop on line all the time. Only way to go.

Maybe cattle prods instead of PR-24's???

NAH, just go back to the old days of slappers, rubber day billets, and leather SAP gloves, along with cops not afraid to use them.

"Black Friday" is getting ridiculous...this and now a shooting in the Palm Springs area of California at a Toys R Us..not much info coming out yet, just 2 DOAs.

Regarding the Wal*Mart incident, who else feels the store's business practices are inciting this behavior?? Products at extremely low prices, but only 5-10 of those items at that price. While people need to be civilized, stores should be required to have enough stock if they're going to offer that type of price to not incite riot-like behavior...

Getting? (no shot at you Kujo...just I've been hearing multiple people say this since Friday, so its the comment).

Guys this type of stuff has happened pretty much every single year for quite some time, its just now...Iraq is fairly quiet (as quiet as a operation like that can be), the election is over, no american teenagers that the press wants to report on is missing from high profile tourist spots, the case with the child missing that the mother is a whack job and they can't find the body is going cold being she is in custody and charged with murder, no teachers are screwing their teenaged students.

What was left...black Friday because it shows a lot with the economy and the camera's and stories were already there.

First of all, I think it's idiotic to heap blame solely upon Walmart for this tragedy. After so many years, does anyone really expect anything more from this cut-throat, exploitive company? I sure don't. I occasionally shop there out of necessity, but I always feel like I have to take a shower when I come home. The most you can blame them for was inadequate planning and security. They didn't kill that man, the savages lining up outside did. Just look at the videos prior to the incident. I can name a couple of other local incidents over the ast twenty years or so that had a similar beginning and end.

Secondly, let me say that I am familiar with both of the stores mentioned here; Valley Stream and "The Cortlandt Towne Centre" (aka Peekskill), and have witnessed some of the clientele that they attract on a regular basis from some of the surrounding areas.

Go to either store on a Saturday night, and some of the goings-on would curl your hair. My local store, Fishkill, is the NUMBER ONE stop for

Fishkill PD, usually because of shoplifiting offenses. Occasionally, there is an altercation of some sort, the Troopers are there fairly often as well. A number of years ago I physically intervened as a man started beating his preschool-aged son because the kid wanted some trinket. Yes, the Police did come and yes, I was interviewed and gave statement. It was very bad.

Anyway, Let's see how long it takes before I get crucified for that preceding paragraph by the PC police. Sorry, but it is what it is. "Always Low Prices" will bring "Always Low Class" savages, along with regular human beings. Walmart just brings out the worst in people, particullarly at this time of year.

Thank God for Dot.coms.

well I see that the family of the worker who was killed is suing walmart.