Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

[UPDATED] SPY SHOTS- New Rochelle's New Engine 25

93 posts in this topic

Capt., you trying to give Greg some time owed??? LMAO

LOL....nope...Pierce will fix it. But Greg did 2300, U91, U92, 2302, and I'll give him time to do the new 30U1

Sweet rig!! Love the safety additions of the chevrons on the rear and the front bumper. At first I had mixed feelings on the bumper chevrons, but it makes sense and increases visibility and safety.

Good luck with it!!

Is it important that all FFs sit facing forward? Any special reason for that?

Most members do not like to ride backwards, sometimes switching between forward & rearward seats to get SCBA on. I saw that 5 man forward has become very common on the west coast, so we figured we would try it.

The space where the rear facing jump seats normally go has 2 compartments, for EMS & Gas detectors

Having 3 seats, means plenty of shoulder room to put on SCBA. (most put 4 across the back wall & you cant move)

What equipment is on here that makes it a service company other than the holmantro tool and PPV fans?

Also, regarding the foam systems, your wording on the specs are a little vague to me im sorry if this is obvious but when you say 200' class B foam line and 100' foot trash-line in the bumper, does the foam application only come from the 200' line in the bumper or can you get foam from other discharges as well?

is the new 30U1 comnig and thanks bnechis ;)

Regarding the only time members will be on top on the rig is to rack hose, what is the diamond plate box on the top of the cab, is it simmilar to the fdny soc boxes?

a question for you, above the pump panel there is a diamond plate, ..... tray or shelf.... what is that for ??

What equipment is on here that makes it a service company other than the holmantro tool and PPV fans? Also, regarding the foam systems, your wording on the specs are a little vague to me im sorry if this is obvious but when you say 200' class B foam line and 100' foot trash-line in the bumper, does the foam application only come from the 200' line in the bumper or can you get foam from other discharges as well?

The tool, additional ladders (35' & Little Giant), fan, 6 hooks, saw, extra tarps & some other small tools.

Just the 200' is foam

Regarding the only time members will be on top on the rig is to rack hose, what is the diamond plate box on the top of the cab, is it simmilar to the fdny soc boxes?

Air Conditioning. The diamond plate is to protect the units, the tops are open

a question for you, above the pump panel there is a diamond plate, ..... tray or shelf.... what is that for ??

It supports the pump panel led lighting. Pierce builds it to be able to hold a FF. Since FF's have a habit of climbing up there anyway & stepping on anything they can.

is this the first Pierce Engine for nrfd becuse i know that they have a lot of america lafrances

I could be wrong and someone from NRFD correct me if I am wrong but I believe they have a Pierce ladder, rescue and spare engine currently.

Edited by bvfdjc316

Nice rig. But whats the red light for on the bottom of the pump panal for ?

Edited by nwpfd390

Can you give us a round about final price?

is this the first Pierce Engine for nrfd becuse i know that they have a lot of america lafrances

Years ago they had some engines.

The old Pierce engines were at engines 21, 22, and 23, the one at 23 became engine 17. Ladder 13 is the Pierce ladder.

The old Pierce engines were at engines 21, 22, and 23, the one at 23 became engine 17. Ladder 13 is the Pierce ladder.

and the Rescue ;)

Nice rig. But whats the red light for on the bottom of the pump panal for ?

same as the others on the sides, to avoid being hit.

Bnechis,

Hope you all have good luck with the new rig. I want to pass something on to you all. I don't know if nay of your current rigs have them but it seems to look like you have the push button throttle pad. We have a rig at work with the same system and it takes a little time to get use to. Its definately not like the knob or position switch throttles used previously. Response time has a slight delay as well. Just make sure the MPOs get to spend a lot of time using the new system. Some may like it others may not.

Again good luck with the new pumper.

Nice looking rig love the chevron striping on front only time before that becomes a mandate. Also where did you get the eagle and and american flag painted on the cap on pump panel looks cool!!!!! :lol:

Also where did you get the eagle and and american flag painted on the cap on pump panel looks cool!!!!! :lol:

Joe that's a Pierce thing

What does a new rig generally cost? Over $100k?

can tell you have not been around that long :D

Joe that's a Pierce thing

Thanks Mark cant say i've ever seen it before looks nice

WELL thougt out and very sharp looking!

So...when's the wetdown!? :P

Looks awesome and most importantly functional, thanks for the updated shots, Barry! And I got my front bumper chevrons :)

post-4072-1232756058_thumb.jpg

Engine 25 should be completed in the next few weeks.

Very sharp. Good luck with the new rig! Clearly a lot of thought has gone into it... it does remind me of another rig which got a lot of thought, our own new E51:

n51-2.jpg

KME vs. Pierce, but some similar thought processes :D

WELL thougt out and very sharp looking! So...when's the wetdown!? :P

Thanks, Do any career depts do that? We dont waste the time. We equip it, train on it and put it to work. Even E-25, which is the slowest engine in the fleet is doing 1,200 calls/yr