Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PVFD233

Poughkeepsie - 2nd Alarm 2/1/09 17 Gray St.

59 posts in this topic

Fairview FAST

GraySt2037.jpg

GraySt2039.jpg

Thats it for me.

nice pics thanks for sharing

Try a map next time! City of Pok isn't all that hard to navigate in.

Nice shots LB - do me a favor and empty out your PM box so i can reply to you.

Try it as GRAY St........ ;)

I would like to thank Dan for allowing me to drive around the city lastnight on 4112 and then 45. See Dan I figured out that if I drove faster the air movement would help spread the smoke around. And alot of it there was,

Sorry Nate about the pic, but my LT was telling me to move it now :(

Try a map next time! City of Pok isn't all that hard to navigate in.

Nice shots LB - do me a favor and empty out your PM box so i can reply to you.

Try it now.

I would like to thank Dan for allowing me to drive around the city lastnight on 4112 and then 45. See Dan I figured out that if I drove faster the air movement would help spread the smoke around. And alot of it there was,

Sorry Nate about the pic, but my LT was telling me to move it now :(

I dispatched Fairview and Arlington last night more than the City! B)

The city fire inspector is still looking into the cause of yesterday's fire at 17 Gray St., said Chief Ken Boyd.

Advertisement

Quantcast

The second-alarm fire is thought to have begun in the basement of the two-family house, said Boyd.

The fire damaged the back of the first floor and basement of the two-family house, Lt. Joe Franco of the city fire department said.

Two families, including three adults and seven children, were displaced, Rob Rolison of the Dutchess Red Cross said.

The first call went out at 3:17 p.m. followed by a second alarm at 3:46 p.m. Firefighters cleared the area by 5:27 p.m., Capt. Michael Brophy said.

Firefighters reported no injuries. The Fairview Fire Department and the American Red Cross assisted at the scene.

The Red Cross provided financial assistance for clothing and personal items to all the victims and set up one of the families at a local hotel. The second family had made other arrangements, Rolison said.

A neighbor had called to notify the Red Cross at 3:35 p.m.

"When the call came in from the fire department a little while later, we were already assembling a team," Rolison said.

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...NEWS01/90202008

So I tryed out a video.

Vimeo Video

Andrew the pictures you took look great. Come down to the Town of Poughkeepsie and be our combat photographer since you are so close. We will give you photo credit.... The new site for Arlington launches this week.

Edited by x134

Andrew the pictures you took look great. Come down to the Town of Poughkeepsie and be our combat photographer since you are so close. We will give you photo credit.... The new site for Arlington launches this week, Local2393.com/cms/

Don, thanks. I hope to actually learn how to use the camera someday. Do I get a super cool "Photo Buff" turnout coat?

Andrew the pictures you took look great. Come down to the Town of Poughkeepsie and be our combat photographer since you are so close. We will give you photo credit.... The new site for Arlington launches this week, Local2393.com/cms/

:(

Well Don, if you got more fires, I would probably be there too, and a lot faster, lol!

So if it went to a second twice does it make it one big fourth? LOL!

Don emulates the red devil.. it will come.. and he will fight the animal with the fury of that guy with the CAPS LOCK.

Lunchbox, get a big car fire today?

Nice job Andrew! Here's some from me....

466511535_rSKyS-XL.jpg

466512812_Y9VPD-XL.jpg

466514097_qdZDp-XL.jpg

466516091_5Ej7X-X2.jpg

466510943_3TDfL-X2.jpg

I was busy all day so you guys need to fill me in, there were two fires at this location?

Thanks for sharing the photos, nice job by all.

"Well 17 grey st went up again so maybe you can get more pics "

Just went to 2nd alarm

Was the second fire a rekindle , or did somebody go back to finish the job ?

Was the second fire a rekindle , or did somebody go back to finish the job ?

When I left the police Crime Scene Technician was meeting with the Inspector...... ;)

It's been said already but Nice shots from everyone that was there :)

Nice shots Photounit - see some familiar faces that i miss! LB, you're turning into a super buff!

Pardon the duplicate photo posted. Just wanted to see how the pic looked at a bigger size and uploading it from EMTBravo instead of HTML Link.

post-3493-1233637353.jpg

So if it went to a second twice does it make it one big fourth? LOL!

Don emulates the red devil.. it will come.. and he will fight the animal with the fury of that guy with the CAPS LOCK.

Lunchbox, get a big car fire today?

I didnt get to go... <_< , Had to get ready to spread the ole spirit fingers at the 134 VBMC.

Just put them up in the photo section at http://www.local596.com

FANTASTIC work by the Photog! The pics portray the urgency and amount of work needed to get done by a bare bones crew!