Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x129K

Has Dutchess County fire activity been higher than usual lately?

46 posts in this topic

Is it just me.......or has there been an extraordinary amount of fire duty in Dutchess this year?

As we speak - Roosevelt is going out for a trailer fire that the police can see from a distance!

1 to 2 working fires a day is the norm....and they are spread out throughout the county...no one area getting hit hard.

Kudos to all of the departments, Battalion Coodinators, and especially the Dispatchers....some of who worked multiple, multiple alarm fires at the same time...

Is the stage set to see the "War Years" again? :P

Yea your right on the money, you guys are getting so many fire dutchess co. westchester has been DEAD

That fire now is Hyde Park's...but multiple Roosevelt units operating mutual aid.

2009:

Hyde Park 2nd Alarm Trailer Fire 3/20

East Fishkill Working Fire 3/20

Fairview Working Fire 3/20

LaGrange Working Fire 3/19

Hughsonville Working Fire 3/19

Rhinebeck 2nd Alarm House Fire 3/18

Arlington Working Fire 3/18

Wassaic Brush Fire w/Exposure 3/15

Beekman 2nd Alarm 3/15

Pawling Multiple Alarm Estate Fire 3/7

East Fishkill Working Fire 3/6

Arlington 2nd Alarm w/victim (who later died @ WCMC) 3/3

Pawling Working Fire 2/28

East Fishkill Working Fire 2/23

East Fishkill Working Fire 2/22

Arlington 2nd Alarm 2/22

Dover All Hands Fire 2/18

Milan 2nd Alarm House Fire 2/15

City of Pok Working House Fire 2/11

City of Pok 2nd Alarm 2/1

Pawling Working Fire 2/1

East Fishkill 2nd Alarm 1/25

City of Pok 3rd Alarm 1/20

Village of Wappingers 2nd Alarm 1/18

Beekman 2nd Alarm 1/17

Millbrook Multi Alarm Fatal House Fire 1/17

Roosevelt Working Fire 1/13

LaGrange 2nd Alarm 1/10

East Fishkill Working Basement Fire 1/7

City of Pok 3rd Alarm 1/5

Edited by ndpemt519

.......or has there been an extraordinary amount of fire duty in Dutchess this year?

As we speak - Roosevelt is going out for a trailer fire that the police can see from a distance!

1 to 2 working fires a day is the norm....and they are spread out throughout the county...no one area getting hit hard.

Kudos to all of the departments, Battalion Coodinators, and especially the Dispatchers....some of who worked multiple, multiple alarm fires at the same time...

Is the stage set to see the "War Years" again? :P

Dan let's not forget the FID team, they just banged out again

Dover had an all hands fire on 2/18 too!!!!

BUT...for every 2 alarmer - there are many "smaller saves"...just seems like more than usual...

Dan let's not forget the FID team, they just banged out again

How could you forget VICTOR!!!!!!!! B)

How could you forget VICTOR!!!!!!!! B)

Our Chief here at Safety got to meet Victor last night at the Sleight Plass fire.

You beat me the Dover fire, I was scanning for it too.

I just added the Dover fire to the list. I was only going the the IA's on here and fires I remember hearing sorry lol =(

I just added the Dover fire to the list. I was only going the the IA's on here and fires I remember hearing sorry lol =(

No need to be sorry, I was looking there as well but it was actually in the Dutchess Forum section, with or without it, the Dutchess responders have surely been busy

besides the fires, things have been busy on the EMS side as well. serious MVA's, cardiac/respiratory arrests, etc. and it seems like it's only getting busier every day!

besides the fires, things have been busy on the EMS side as well. serious MVA's, cardiac/respiratory arrests, etc. and it seems like it's only getting busier every day!

Hey now...don't ruin a good fire thread with that EMS nonsense.... :P

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..... we haven't had a call since Monday morning and you know what that means

Shhhhhhhhhhhhh..... we haven't had a call since Monday morning and you know what that means

yeah you're lucky TDDSO usually calls us direct instead of calling 911 lol....as much fun as that place is of course :lol:

yeah you're lucky TDDSO usually calls us direct instead of calling 911 lol....as much fun as that place is of course :lol:

Should have clarified that better, no calls for the Wahoo crew since Monday. I work at the great TDDSO and have the luxury of calling you. :rolleyes:

lol well at least you guys go pick them up from the hospital so we don't have to bring them back like we do with just about every other facility

East Fishkill has been crazy this year...a lot of great stops but already six fires. Also, there were three other fires not mentioned in the post-one on 2/22(if I recall correctly this one was out off Looking Rocks Lane-Stormville) another on 2/23(out in Stormville once again) and one on Friday 3/6(Hopewell). Hopefully the madness will STOP soon...no fun having houses or buildings burn down! :(

Way to early in the game to be able to try to identify any trends or calc stats for the year. Could just be a flash in the pan cluster and the rest of the year could be jack. Just as 2010 could be even higher or significantly lower then 09' again with stats..only time will tell.

Also most call volumes tend to increase on an annual basis and it correlates often to the population growth of your cities/towns and with some factors of socio/economic factors.

What exactly is a "all hands fire" anyway?

What exactly is a "all hands fire" anyway?

I think the definition of the term is that all units assigned to the alarm are working

We have been quiet up in the corner. Not even MA, only to Pawling recently.

I've meet Victor as well - he is a great guy.

Just remember the law of averages.

The bigger question is how many are suspicious and or in a home that is in foreclosure. That is what we have to be aware of.

LOL....a buff term for all equipment......my bad... :P

LOL....a buff term

Ahhh ok. That's why I didn't know it...

I also think it is way to early to tell. Though it does seem to have picked up a bit. We will see through the summer months.

I guess The Top 10 nxt year for Dutchess, will be really hard to decide or they will change it to The Top 30, lol. Everyone stay safe out thier.

Thomas

I guess The Top 10 nxt year for Dutchess, will be really hard to decide or they will change it to The Top 30, lol. Everyone stay safe out thier.

Thomas

I think 2008 has to come out first :P

I don't know man, seems alot busier too me. I'm on a roll now, two incident alerts a day for the past two days! It's definitley getting busier around here, hopefully it's short lived.

One word... the Economy...

Rhinebeck and Hughsonville both had large brush fires today. Per Hughsonville Cmd, over 4 acres involved.