Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Rogue Rescue

New Bronto for Australia

22 posts in this topic

New Bronto for the Australian Capital

44m or 144 Feet

Photos by Matt Hayes, posted with his permission.

post-13583-1237766698.jpg

post-13583-1237766716.jpg

post-13583-1237766730.jpg

post-13583-1237766741.jpg

post-13583-1237766755.jpg

post-13583-1237766766.jpg

Very nice! Send it over here and we can give it to Verplanck :P

Edited by gpdexplorer

Thanks. Yes it has come up very nice, even if it is green....

Maybe someone can load pictures of this thing up in the air, it'd be interesting to see a 144' aerial. Also looks like only 2 firefighters have room to ride with it?

Nice lookin' rig!! Good luck with it!

Bronto-Side-View-big.jpg

101007_BrontoSkylift_large.jpg

Edited by xfirefighter484x

Maybe someone can load pictures of this thing up in the air, it'd be interesting to see a 144' aerial. Also looks like only 2 firefighters have room to ride with it?

I will try and get some... Yes only 2 firefighters ride it purely to operate the aerial, other firefighters on scene are used to assist with aerial operations if required.

nice pics thanks for sharing

Wow! Beautiful truck, and awesome photos!

I love the Scania chasis. When I was in Ireland in October, there were a ton of them. They are HUGE! I guess travel height isn't too much of an issue.

And, if I'm not mistaken, an aerial device is considered a "special operations" type apparatus....not the typical truck company we are used to having here in the US......Rogue, can you clarify?

Nice lookin' rig!! Good luck with it!

Bronto-Side-View-big.jpg

101007_BrontoSkylift_large.jpg

YEA.......John........just back in the driveway... and hit the roof. :blink:

Not much of a fan of overseas rigs, at least aesthetically, but that thing is a beast! I love it!

Wow! Beautiful truck, and awesome photos!

I love the Scania chasis. When I was in Ireland in October, there were a ton of them. They are HUGE! I guess travel height isn't too much of an issue.

And, if I'm not mistaken, an aerial device is considered a "special operations" type apparatus....not the typical truck company we are used to having here in the US......Rogue, can you clarify?

Yes for example in Adelaide (where i am from) we have 3 aerial devices (pics attached) and they are all in the City station, we also have 3 quints with 4 crew spread across other stations which act more like a truck company. All pumpers and quints carry 4 crew.

A turnout for a building fire in the city area is 2 pumpers, 1 quint, 1 bronto platform, 1 scba tender, 1 district officer, total of 18 crew if that helps.

post-13583-1238276818.jpg

post-13583-1238276840.jpg

Hey Guys

I am new to this fourm! I'm from Australia. Ok Rouge Rescue is there any more photos of this great looking truck???? I wish Melbourne had a truck like this!

Thanks

AustralianFireRescue

Edited by AsutralianFireRescue

Hey Guys

I am new to this fourm! I'm from Australia. Ok Rouge Rescue is there any more photos of this great looking truck???? I wish Melbourne had a truck like this!

Thanks

AustralianFireRescue

No other pics sorry, i live in Adelaide. You guys have a few of these in Melbourne with at least another 4 on the way, they are just red not green...

Ok Cool!!!!!

AustralianFire Rescue

awesome looking rig, I love the color, thanks Rogue for sharing.

Hey Guys

Thanks

AustralianFireRescue

Hey there guys,

I am a firefighter in melbourne with the Metropolitan Fire Brigade, currently we have 3 x 37m, 1 x 35m (spare), 1 x 27m bronto plus 5 x telebooms (quints) in my department with the Country Fire Authority having 4 x brontos with a few more 44m ones on the way plus 3 or so quints.

The Brontos all run with 2 crew and the quints with 4. The quints are on all 2nd alarm assignments and the brontos on the 3rd alarm unless requested earlier. Now our alarms operate a bit different being a 2 x pumper response for a initial 1st alarm structure fire and a 2nd alarm bringing a further 2 x pumpers, 1 x quint, 1 x rescue and a commander.

Cheers

Joff

Hey there guys,

I am a firefighter in melbourne with the Metropolitan Fire Brigade, currently we have 3 x 37m, 1 x 35m (spare), 1 x 27m bronto plus 5 x telebooms (quints) in my department with the Country Fire Authority having 4 x brontos with a few more 44m ones on the way plus 3 or so quints.

The Brontos all run with 2 crew and the quints with 4. The quints are on all 2nd alarm assignments and the brontos on the 3rd alarm unless requested earlier. Now our alarms operate a bit different being a 2 x pumper response for a initial 1st alarm structure fire and a 2nd alarm bringing a further 2 x pumpers, 1 x quint, 1 x rescue and a commander.

Cheers

Joff

g'day all those photo's of canberras new bronto look cool,we here in australia's biggest city sydney have 11 bronto's and 5 quints(we call them aerial pumps)our alarm responce is the same as melbourne,we also have 8 heavy rescues and 9 rescue pumps(they are like fdny squads they are a normal pumper(engine)in the normal responce area but respond to rescues and greater alarms in a wider area.