Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rfdu39

What type of Lawn Mower do you have

23 posts in this topic

If you cut your own grass what type is it. Mine is a Torro (brand new just used it for the first time today).

im actually in the market foir a new ride on. but i cant find anything i liek with a decent price tag, plus i hate the hydrstatic automatic deal

White 18 hp tractor, nice machine with a double bagger, works excellent, I used it for three seasons cutting 15 lawns a week, thank god that it over with, now it is just mine and the in-laws.

Nothing runs like a DEERE

Craftsman push behind. Cheap model, all I can afford right now.

Eventually, I'd love to get a lawn tractor, a John Deere. My wife say's that's never going to happen.

Last night, I saw a commercial for Honda's new "twin blade" technology, and it looked pretty cool.

My dream is to eventually get the one that mows the lawn itself! Or a goat!

Nothing runs like a DEERE

yea until you blow a rod through the side of the block 6 months after the warrantee is up.

Honda.. HRX...goes well with the Pilot and the CRX in the driveway...

Craftsman LT1000 20HP ride on. I beat the everloving poop out of it up at the farm, and the engine is tough. It takes abuse with zero maintenance. Only complaint is the mower deck -it's been broken about 5 times - but I guess it's not designed to mow 4 foot high, 2 inch thick weeds and the occasional football-sized rock.

Here's a quick start and drive of it after sitting for about 2 months:

Edited by bronxfireradio

Im looking for a walk behind with a bag.......anyone know someone or selling in let me know, thanx

Im looking for a walk behind with a bag.......anyone know someone or selling in let me know, thanx

Check Craigs List. There is one on there free, but it looks so antiqued, that I don't think it would cut one blade of grass, LOL.

Seriously, have been able to get several free itmes from Criags List. Check it out! :rolleyes:

I have a Briggs & Stratton Lawn Mower. It's got to be pushing 15+ years

and still going strong. Change the Filter and Oil every year and the Spark Plug

every now and then.

RUNS GREAT!

I think I got my $$$ worth huh?

On a side note, It's "Fire Engine" Red. lol

NOT FOR SALE!

I just bought a 23" Toro with a 6.5 hp motor with 2 speed front wheel drive transmission. It also has the bigger wheels in the back for the hills and it's a rear bagger that also can be mounted to the side of the mower for the tall grass. It also has a port on the top of the deck that you hook up a garden hose to wash out the clippings under the deck. You can purchase this model at Home Depot for $300.00. It's a nice mower for the money. Dont forget to change the oil after the first 5 hours of use.

Up until this year, I've been using a Toro push mower that my dad bought new in 1985. Doesn't look half it's age! Still runs like a champ, most of the time.

Over the winter, through his brother in law, he acquired a Poulan tractor for "free" that needed some work. Engine had mouse nest remnants in it, and a blown head gasket. He fixed and cleaned it up, and now it runs great. Sharpened up the blades, and made me mow the lawn with it. I didn't want to, but did it anyway, just to humor the poor guy, after all the work he put into the thing. It takes a little getting used to, and there's a couple of "scalped" spots (deck doesn't fluctuate the way it should.....oops!) but not a bad little machine for the price.

I like the way the Toro works better, and it's not like I don't need the exercise, so I will likely continue to use that, at least when Dad's not around. Maybe alternate the two for every other use, etc. I don't know.

Being thats my wife's job!!!!! She chose the Craftsman!!!!!

I love it.

I have a Murray push behind with a briggs and stratton gotta be circa 1985 and hopefully it will give me yet another year.

Jose

I have a Briggs & Stratton Lawn Mower. It's got to be pushing 15+ years

and still going strong. Change the Filter and Oil every year and the Spark Plug

every now and then.

RUNS GREAT!

I think I got my $ worth huh?

On a side note, It's "Fire Engine" Red. lol

NOT FOR SALE!

Rob, put a blue light on it, if your truck isn't running you can use tha.

I have two mowers, a lawn boy and sear, but they haven't been used in 3 years because i now use a "Juan, Pepe and Roberto." Best mower I ever had.

Edited by ajsbear

Craftsman LT1000 20HP ride on. I beat the everloving poop out of it up at the farm, and the engine is tough. It takes abuse with zero maintenance. Only complaint is the mower deck -it's been broken about 5 times - but I guess it's not designed to mow 4 foot high, 2 inch thick weeds and the occasional football-sized rock.

Here's a quick start and drive of it after sitting for about 2 months:

is that a custom cup holder you got mounted on the hood!!!!!

at home i have a 1 year old cub cadet push mower with a bag but at the firehouse i use a scag turf tiger zero turn with a 60" deck 2 and a half acres in just about an hour i love it !!!!

is that a custom cup holder you got mounted on the hood!!!!!

Why, yes it is...everything is better with a beer holder!