Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SteveOFD

New England Association of Fire Chiefs Convention/Photos added 6/27/09

44 posts in this topic

Has anyone gone to past New England Association of Fire Chiefs Conference and Expositions in previous years, and is it worth the trip? This is the one in West Springfield, MA. Looking at last years exhibitors list it looks like there is an extensive array of firefighting equipment and apparatus on display.

I've gone pretty near every year fro the last 5-6 years and always have had a good time and found the array of vendors pretty decent. There's a lot of apparatus, which has been my draw, mainly researching for our recent FD purchases and some buffing as well. Usually the big builders have 6 or 8 pieces each for at least 60-75 apparatus on display. There's plenty of lights, t-shirts and decals for the "out-standing firefighters" but also lots of firematic vendors of all types for more department related purchases. Springfield is a fun town, the Worthington St. area at night has plenty to offer and some decent restaurants as well. I'm sad to say I'm not going this year, but with no new purchases coming for a bit the expense really cannot be justified.

Thanks for the response. My Co. is specing (actually has speced) a new Engine, (just waiting for funding) but I thought that as a member of the committee I might take a ride to see what is new this year.

I hope to bring my little guy there Friday!

Steve:

If you are in the process of purchasing a new rig, there are plenty of trucks to view. Most apparatus manufacturers will be represented, with some (Pierce) usually having between 8-10 various models on display. With the exception of the Tower Ladders, most of the event is indoors, so weather is usually not a factor.

I would recommend going on Friday if possible, Saturday and Sunday are filled with lots of T-shirts and overall "out-standing" attendees....

Edited by x152

Thanks for the response. My Co. is specing (actually has speced) a new Engine, (just waiting for funding) but I thought that as a member of the committee I might take a ride to see what is new this year.

That was my main goal in attending. We'd steal any idea! Lots of good mounting options, different ways to do everything, so I just created a huge file for apparatus innovations and ideas for future reference.

I hope to bring my little guy there Friday!

Headed up Friday as well Dan

Headed up Friday as well Dan

So I am I, any chance we can meet up? You can meet my wife, she and I will both be there! :)

I believe one or two pieces from New Fairfield will be on display.

Anyone else from bravo headed to the show on Friday, if so send me PM so we can meet up at some point there!

Will be up there on Saturday. please check out the BLUE ambulance at the PL Custom Booth thats out new one

Aaron Hodge

Roxbury CT EMS

I know of a county car or two that will be there Friday, as well as others I believe. Rosenbauer said they were going to have 7 or 9 apparatus there.

I might jaunt up depending on the weather.

Edited by FiftyOnePride

Will be up there on Saturday. please check out the BLUE ambulance at the PL Custom Booth thats out new one

Aaron Hodge

Roxbury CT EMS

Aaron I can't wait to see it, Mr. Meehan sent me some pictures that we have placed on our website, beautiful looking rig, I did it as well posted on the PL website, thanks for sharing that it will be at the show.

Josh hope to see you there Friday, hopefully the Tiberwolf Rosenbauer will be there, we have been told it will be.

Turns out I wont be making it after all...bummer

I went to the New England Show for the first time and I thought it was a very nice event, I took some shots, nothing great but I figured I'd share some of what was there.

post-16297-1246149294.jpg

post-16297-1246149299.jpg

post-16297-1246149305.jpg

post-16297-1246149311.jpg

post-16297-1246149354.jpg

Wassaic Firefighter John Kelleher, sitting in the tiller

post-16297-1246149360.jpg

post-16297-1246149367.jpg

post-16297-1246149376.jpg

Sharon CT Car 1 and Wassaic FF the SIGNMAN

post-16297-1246149383.jpg

post-16297-1246149390.jpg

Maxin returns

post-16297-1246149563.jpg

post-16297-1246149570.jpg

post-16297-1246149590.jpg

post-16297-1246149597.jpg

The JHK Brothers:

post-16297-1246149620.jpg

post-16297-1246149725.jpg

My favorite: A B.R.A.T on display sporting 22" with a 5" lift, John is about 5'10", man I can't wait until we get ours!!!!

post-16297-1246149733.jpg

post-16297-1246149739.jpg

A Pierce Heavy Rescue

post-16297-1246149745.jpg

And I believe they said this was a 1938, it is a Ward Lafrance from Freeport, which was being unloaded as we were heading out.

post-16297-1246149754.jpg

post-16297-1246149760.jpg

Nice pics Mark thanks for sharing. The Freeport truck looks the best to me

Nice pics Mark thanks for sharing. The Freeport truck looks the best to me

I just happened to look over in the parking lot as we were headed to the car and saw them unloading it, glad I went over to take a look.

Mark,

Nice shots! Too bad we live in a rain forest.......

By chance...do you know who the manufacturer is of that Deep River FD rescue?

Mark,

Nice shots! Too bad we live in a rain forest.......

Yeah Bill, I just brought the point and shoot as I saw the weather forecast and really didnt want to get the new stuff wet.

By chance...do you know who the manufacturer is of that Deep River FD rescue?

I believe it was a Crimson

Mark,

Glad you enjoyed it and it was good to see You John and Lester!

Edited by Mark Z

Mark,

Glad you enjoyed it and it was good to see You John and Lester!

Same here and meeting your wife, next time we need to have an established meeting location.

Hey Mark question for you...... New Haven's TDA, was that Truck 2 (the new Seagrave they got this past year) or was that another (possibly new) TDA?? I was surprised to see it up there in your pics.

I was there on Friday. hear is one of my pic

post-860-1246235647.jpg