x635

Austin, TX PD 2006 Hummer H2

9 posts in this topic

City Of Austin,TX Police Department

2006 Hummer H2

"Donated" by local drug dealers

Used for public relations and rescue purposes only

post-11-1248195055.jpg

Looks nice and it's great to see a Dept. putting seized vehicles to use for good. I however would have used 4" letters and stated "Seized in Drug Bust" so that people don't think the spent the money to buy it.

I still remember people complaining about Empire Ambulance buying the H2's for Putnam county, and they are a private company.

I wonder the upkeep cost compared to a Tahoe or Expedition.

Looks nice and it's great to see a Dept. putting seized vehicles to use for good. I however would have used 4" letters and stated "Seized in Drug Bust" so that people don't think the spent the money to buy it.

I still remember people complaining about Empire Ambulance buying the H2's for Putnam county, and they are a private company.

Empire bought H3s and from what I was told they got better MPG and were cheaper than an explorer or tahoe or something similar. This is going a little while back but I think it was discussed in a topic here.

Looks good but I agree, they should state somewhere that it was seized. When I saw the title to this topic I was like what the heck do they need a H2 for as well as the associated costs.

The H2 uses the Chevy pickup platform and drive train with a different body on it. Its really nothing special except for the looks.

Agreed - 100 percent, agreed!

Like the "Rhinebeck Fire Chief Car" seen in Northern Dutchess...LOL

The H2 uses the Chevy pickup platform and drive train with a different body on it. Its really nothing special except for the looks.

The H2 uses the Tahoe frame and its V8, the H3, uses the Colorado/Canyon frame and its 5 cylinder engine.

I believe it still has a sticker on the rear quarter panels stating how the department aqquired it.

Austin PD is very involved in the community. This vehicle is used at all sorts of the numerous connunity events that happen every week. This was at Austin's Emergency Communications centers "Take Your Child To Work Day" festivities the other day,so that the dispatchers kids could check it out.

When they put it into service, it was one of the top stories on most of the local news stations-all positive though.

It is also made very known to the drug dealers (and potential drug dealers) how this was aqquired.

The H2 uses the Tahoe frame and its V8, the H3, uses the Colorado/Canyon frame and its 5 cylinder engine.

I was thinking Tahoe but typed pickup. Thanks for the correction. I guess I shouldnt type and talk on the phone at the same time!