Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ny10570

TSP Multi Fatal MVA

61 posts in this topic

this is twice in 12 hours about 2am kent had a accident on the southbound side with a car going the wrong way.... maybe the dot should take a look at how you get on the TSP??? bless the families

God Bless those poor babies.

God bless the responding MOS........stay strong.

Edited by x129K

WOW! This is horrible. I heard the initial tones go to briarcliff when i was at the fire house and its sad it had to turn out like this for families. RIP for all whos lives were taken today.

Thoughts and prayers are with the families, as well as the Emergency Workers that were involved. Stay strong.

God, just too tragic. Too many kids. God bless those babies and a special prayer goes to to anyone who was on-scene for this disaster. Thank you for trying to save them but know their fate was decided before you even got there so anything you did wouldn't have changed the outcome.

My heart hurts for everyone touched by this tragedy.

Jesus christ...God bless all those deceased and watch over all the families and FD, EMS and PD crews involved.

Eight fatalities is correct. Perhaps the most horrific accident I have ever seen.

OMG, this is so unreal and tragic.

How does one travel at 2:00p.m. in the afternoon on a 3 lane highway and not see :( they are going in the wrong direction? This is just not to be believed. So many innocent lives and those children. Its hearbreaking.

God bless all of you that were out there doing your jobs. You are special people.

Thoughts and prayers to all those involved - especially all the brothers and sisters touched by this.

I hope they get any and all help they need to deal with this.

Thoughts and prayers to all those lost and those affected by this tragic accident.

God Bless the brothers and sistas that responded

God Bless everyone that was involved at the scene or with this scene. Poughkeepsie Journal has a picture of the car. it is very said. Plus last night or early this morning East Fishkill went Mutial Aid to Kent for the same type except no car fire and no fatalities. That road is getting to dangers these day. Brothers and Sisters PLEASE BE SAFE on that road. God Bless Everyone

PoJo.com

http://www.poughkeepsiejournal.com/article...ONTPAGECAROUSEL

Thomas

Hearing horrible news like this saddens me greatly on an otherwise nice day. My condolences to the loved ones of those lost. I hope that if any of the emergency workers working the scene need PTSD counseling, they receive it instead of bottling it up like we do so much of the time.

This has to be one of the worst accidents in recent memory. My heart goes out to the families, and to everyone who responded to this very tragic incident.

May the familys involved rest in peace and the all emergency responders involved seek assistance from this tragic incident. Help is available if needed.

My thoughts go out to the families of those who lost their lives. My best wishes to the emergency services personnel who operated on the call.

UnF'inBelieveable. Thoughts and Prayers for the members who handled this one. Prayers for the victims.

TAPSJ, that road has been dangerous for years. I drive it occasionally heading to my girlfriends, and it's white knuckles from Peekskill on up.

Edited by JBE

Such a tragedy.

Any early indicators as to why the van was in the northbound lanes? I mean, usually that kind of thing is from a drunk driver, but this doesn't really sound like that kind of scenario. More importantly, what can be done to assure that something like this doesn't occur again?

God be with them all; involved, family, responders, and the communities at large.

Edited by paramedico987

Such a tragedy.

Any early indicators as to why the van was in the northbound lanes? I mean, usually that kind of thing is from a drunk driver, but this doesn't really sound like that kind of scenario. More importantly, what can be done to assure that something like this doesn't occur again?

God be with them all; involved, family, responders, and the communities at large.

My prayers are with the familes of those involved... To all those that responded.... thank you!

Such a tragedy.

The entrance to go north on the TSP from 117 and the exit ramp are located right next to each other at the same stoplight. I could see how someone who is uncomfortable driving and not familiar with the area could make this mistake of going south in the northbound lane. The article stated the driver of the southbound minivan was from Long Island so this could easily be the case. I cant figure out how to add the Google Maps link to this post but if you type in "883 Bedford Road Pleasantville NY" you can see both the aerial and street view of what I am talking about.

Has anybody talked to the dispatchers who handled this call? Are they okay? A few years back I was a Nassau County dispatcher involved in a similar incident over July 4th weekend in 2005. A wrong-way drunk driver hit a limousine full of people on the Meadowbrook State Pkwy. at 2AM. 2 were killed; a little girl was decapitated and the drunk driver was later convicted of depraved indifference murder. So I've been where your dispatchers are today. If any are on this board and you want to talk about it, send me P.M.

The entrance to go north on the TSP from 117 and the exit ramp are located right next to each other at the same stoplight. I could see how someone who is uncomfortable driving and not familiar with the area could make this mistake of going south in the northbound lane. The article stated the driver of the southbound minivan was from Long Island so this could easily be the case. I cant figure out how to add the Google Maps link to this post but if you type in "883 Bedford Road Pleasantville NY" you can see both the aerial and street view of what I am talking about.

There is no S/B entrance to the Taconic off of Bedford Road, which is a little confusing. Also, if you do a streetview with the above address, even the Google van was subjected to major sunglare.

I was listening to 60 Control when this job was being toned out, and it gave me goosebumps.

God bless the families of the folks involved, and of course the responders. The Hawthorne FF that was on TV was clearly shaken.

Just watch PIX 11 News and from the Van where most of the people died thier is on 5 year old that survied and the SUV all 3 men were killed. Then right after that report a report from Long Island where two cars crashed head on killing 4 people. This is a sad day.

Thomas

Edited by TAPSJ

I have to say this has to be one of the saddest stories I have ever heard. I feel for these poor kids and there families. I also would like to say that, this is going to be a tuff time for all agencies involved.

I am proud to say that I work in the Hawthorne fire district, as a Paid EMT for Empress EMS. I must say that I have never met a more dedicated group of men and women. I am sure that their professionalism was nothing short of extraordinary. My heart goes out to all of you at HFD, as well as all the other departments mentioned in the in IA.

This is horrible, RIP to the innocent victims of this horrible accident. My thoughts and prayers are with you all.

sooo sad, the children were ages 2,5,7and 9 and a another 5 year old is in serious condition. my thoughts and prayers go to all the families and MOS

The northbound exit ramp where they apparently got on heading south has a keep right graphic sign

( to get on Northbound ), a ONE WAY arrow and DO NOT ENTER signs at Bedford Rd:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=88...,129.64,,0,2.25

and then a few hundred yards down there are two WRONG WAY signs:

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&q=88...,191.02,,1,4.83

(Give street-view a few seconds to load and grab the North indicator and rotate the images 180° looking south to see the ramp)