Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
csf248

Favorite FDNY Rig??

42 posts in this topic

I like Engine 23. It's done up real nice with the gold leaf numbers, and custom work all around the engine. It's a sharp looking rig.

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/manhattan/e23.htm

Also Engine 68/Ladder49 - Da Bronx Bombers - it says it all!

http://www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/bronx/e68.htm

I like the current FDNY Rescues (R1 fav), the current 95' Aerialscopes (TL41 fav), the Squad Engines (Sq-41 Fav), the current Seagrave 100' rearmounts (L38 fav), the current Tillers (39 fav), and the current Engines (E-6 fav). I also like the new ambulances and battalion cars. And I can't wait to see the new Mack Granite/Ferrara Collapse units. I also like the Field Com(s) and the new MERVs.

I Also like the Mack/General Rescue spare, the Spirit Of Oklahoma, the current Hazmat 1, the Hazmat Kenworth/Pierce, Emergency Crew 532 (FM). I'm sure I'm forgetting some too.

All the above look HOT and are laid out quite nicely, IMO!!

I should note that my favorite Emergency vehicle in all of NYC is the current version of the NYPD Mack/Saulsbury Heavy Rescue ESU Trucks, like the current Truck 3. Second to that and some FDNY rigs, is the PAPD wreckers.

My favorite rig of all though, is NOT an FDNY rig. My favorite rig in the world is LA City FD Engine 41, a 2004 Pierce Arrow XT, followed by a 2004 LA City FD ALF Tiller and an LA City 2003 Seagrave Engine, and a 1980's LA City Seagrave Engine.

my faves:

Engine: 10

Nice new looking truck

Ladder: tie b/w 10 and 8

10 has that sweet mural, and 8 is in front of my school

TL: 1

Unique looking tower, not afraid to show off its life preserver!

Squad: 18

every year my fd donates money to them

Rescue: 3 "Big Blue"

nice rig, love the logo

Trucks.... Tower ladder 111... the nut house

Stick... 132 truck .... In The Eye of the storm"

Rescue 3

Squad 1

Tiller 6 truck

Engine 9, or 280 or 214....

Besides SQ-61, L 10

E 273, L 129 - NY Mets

www.fdnytrucks.com/files/html/queens/e273.htm

Engine: 23 (gold leaf)

Stick: Truck 4 (gold leaf), 10 Truck (mural)

Tower: 124 (tonka)

Rescue: 1

Squad: 61 (mural)

Hazardous Materials Company 1's MACK MR/Salisbury and their Second piece the Kenworth/Pierce. Why do I like them? I guess because they are great looking and I am very fascinated by the ethyl-methyl bad stuff (hazmat)

308full.jpg

I grew up in this firehouse, and I now tell them where to go. Sentimental value I suppose.

I'm confused.

If they are all DESIGNED the same way, what sets one apart from another?

I am sure each house / each Company does it's own thing, but the rigs themselves are, for the most part, similar.

It would be like rating your favorite Con Ed Truck. They are all the same, with minor differences.

I'm confused.

I am sure each house / each Company does it's own thing, but the rigs themselves are, for the most part, similar.

It would be like rating your favorite Con Ed Truck.  They are all the same, with minor differences.

Come on, tell me as a fellow yankees fan, you don't hold a special place in your heart for E68/L49 - "The Bronx Bombers"

Nope. If they were painted ALL WHITE with BLUE PINSTRIPES, that would be sweet. It's all or nothing baby!

Tower Ladder 17 "Green Beret"

Ladder 132 "In the Eye of the storm"

Engine 302 "The Vipers Nest"

Squad 41 "Best of Both Worlds"

Battalion Chief Car 22

Rescue 2

also i have to say that i love what the FDNY guys do and how they take so much pride in thier rigs.

I must admit....I love any of the old CF's with the new paint scheme. Also has anyone seen the new striping that E-201 has....pretty sharp looking.

E-201 also put their logos on the officers side rollups. the Emerald Isle and the CAN-DO.

I'm confused.

It would be like rating your favorite Con Ed Truck.  They are all the same, with minor differences.

They are only allowed to do so much with the rig, but the minor differences is what sets each of them apart. Company Logos, changing the font/color of the numbers on the rig. It's the little things that se them apart.

Does anyone know if there are any pics of 201's rig online. Thanks.

favorite rigs

Tower: L-111 "Nut House Truck" Busiest in the City Nice rig and awsome graphics

Stick: L-4 "Never Missed A Performance" my best freinds father worked there RIP Sam Otice

Rescue: R-2 "The Rescue" The name says it all

Squad : S-18, S-41, S-61, S-252 "All squads are cool, truck or engine work, rescue and haz mat it does not get any better than that

Engine: E-214 "Nut House Engine" Nice rig and graphics

The reason for both nut house apparatus is because I visit there house and it the best group of guys i know not to mention the busiest ladder in all of the five boros and the engine has awsome graphics and gold leaf..... gold leaf and fire trucks are a perfect combo

Super pumper with Tender was the best one I liked. Always liked it when in operation. Now its gone the route as Big Mo and all the water towers of the day :sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

favorite rigs

Tower:  L-111 "Nut House Truck"  Busiest in the City Nice rig and awsome graphics

Stick:  L-4 "Never Missed A Performance" my best freinds father worked there RIP Sam Otice  

Rescue: R-2 "The Rescue" The name says it all

Squad : S-18, S-41, S-61, S-252 "All squads are cool, truck or engine work, rescue and haz mat it does not get any better than that

Engine: E-214 "Nut House Engine" Nice rig and graphics

The reason for both nut house apparatus is because I visit there house and it the best group of guys i know not to mention the busiest ladder in all of the five boros and the engine has awsome graphics and gold leaf..... gold leaf and fire trucks are a perfect combo

111 is the busiest in the 5 boros? :---)

44,33,157,113 all do more work than 111.

Top 5 is not too bad. :D

You gotta love the 10-House combo of ENGINE-10/LADDER-10!!! Their new rigs look amazing!

I also like ENGINE-35 (Harlem): Its my buddies house and i was down there recently, but both E35 & TL14 had spares in service lol! But over the front intake on E35 it reads: "Add water here" I love that lol. One of the guys in the house even wrote that saying on masking tape & put in on the front of the spare while they had it lol!

ENGINE-88 (Bronx): "First Due at the Zoo." I also love how the "88" on the bumper & doors is in gold, as well as the gold stars on the rig. I know a guy out of this house & he always sends me tee & sweat shirts & patches when they get new ones. I've always liked 88-Engine, in part because of the guy i know & it was the first FDNY firehouse i ever really visited. I also like L-38 which is housed with 88-Engine on Belmont Ave. in the Bronx. L-38 also has stars all over the rig, simple, but it looks nice. I liked the old L-38, the 1991 Seagrave rear-mount with the raised cab, very cool!

SQUAD-18: Just a real nice looking rig (plus it has a Q) lol.

I also love E54 & L4: They're both real nice rigs & a great motto: "Never missed a performance" (Broadway area).

i love 46 truck, "da pride of kingsbridge", because of all the work they catch. :twisted:

i love 46 truck, "da pride of kingsbridge", because of all the work they catch.  :twisted:

WHAT WORK??????????? :---) :---) :---) :---)

hey pyropug ii agree what you say , what is your back ground? or r u just a ssuperslapper that thinks he knows it all about fdny

They don't catch work like other companies in the Bronx. Occasionally some good first or second due work running south into 75/33's area. You wanna see work?? Go east into the 15 Battalion.