Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

PEDSTRUK's Problems With Incident Alerts

26 posts in this topic

Why is it that every time I read a post about a job that I am on it is NEVER anything like the job I was on ??? It is very frustrating there seems to be only one point of view on this site, also the name of this site is very misleading. This post is not anti-ANYONE instead it is why a certain service constantly has to take a back seat and if any one questions this they are said to be Blank bashing. You dont have to be anti some one in order to be prosome one else. Ok thank you I just wanted to get my point across with out it being misconstrued.......K.

Incident Alerts are usually posted from one side - Scannerland....the posters are typically not on scene...that is why...they rely on info recieved via a scanner, from dispatchers and units in the field...

The name of the site is misleading......HOLY COW!!!!!!! Quick - call the EMS Police! maybe DOH will shut it down!

The name is derived from the founder's email addy which is far older than the site!

Really.....get over it K.

INIT915 likes this

what alert are you referring to?

Purchase MVA with extrication

Incident Alerts are usually posted from one side - Scannerland....the posters are typically not on scene...that is why...they rely on info recieved via a scanner, from dispatchers and units in the field...

The name of the site is misleading......HOLY COW!!!!!!! Quick - call the EMS Police! maybe DOH will shut it down!

The name is derived from the founder's email addy which is far older than the site!

Really.....get over it K.

you just proved my point thanx.......K

What exactly happened that has you so angry??

Why is it that every time I read a post about a job that I am on it is NEVER anything like the job I was on ??? It is very frustrating there seems to be only one point of view on this site, also the name of this site is very misleading. This post is not anti-ANYONE instead it is why a certain service constantly has to take a back seat and if any one questions this they are said to be Blank bashing. You dont have to be anti some one in order to be prosome one else. Ok thank you I just wanted to get my point across with out it being misconstrued.......K.

There's a wide range of people posting IA's so I really don't know what you mean by them being "one point of view".

You really haven't gotten your point across so maybe you can try again wehn you aren't so twisted.

As for the name of this site, what does that have to do with IA's that are one sided and if they are one-sided have you ever contacted the author with additional information and requested an update? Failing that you can always contact the staff with additional info and we'll try to facilitate the update.

Either way, I'm not really sure what your point is.

x129K and INIT915 like this

Why is it that every time I read a post about a job that I am on it is NEVER anything like the job I was on ??? It is very frustrating there seems to be only one point of view on this site, also the name of this site is very misleading.

If the Incident Alert is different then what you saw on scene, why not PM the member that posted it so they can update it?

Many of our Incident Alerts are very accurate, and we have a lot of great members who write them. Sometimes, a lot of people on scene think something is incorrect, when it fact it was correct, but they were so busy with their task they didn't hear the radio traffic.

This site has been named EMTBravo for 7 years. If you do a search, you'll find out why it is named EMTBravo. The majority of the members don't want the name changed based on previous surveys.

I really don't understand your complete post, what is this "one point of view" you complain of? Also, have you contacted a staff member about your concerns prior to this post?

Thanks to the members who have this site's back and the appreciate the enormous effort that goes into our most popular section.

Purchase MVA with extrication

I am the writer of that IA

I was not on the scene. I was listening live to 60 Control, Fire 19 and the WCDPS as the incident was going on. If I have inacurate info, please pm me. I will be happy to change it.

Edited by firedude

I have posted numerous IAs in the past. It is worth noting that on a few occasions I received updated info via PM from people and was unable to change the post after a certain time had elapse. FWIW.

Call it scannerland, but the transmissions from dispatch are results of what info he has gotten from the caller. The transmissions from units are stiuation status reports.

How can they be jaded?

What was wrong with the Purchase IA?

Not the first time PEDSTRUCK has complained about the site or the IA's. And I think he said the same exact thing last time. But instead of being part of the solution and helping out, you continue to be part of the problem.

Just to throw it out there, and I think it was brought up at some point already, scannerland could be a good place to be while writing an IA. If you are O/S operating at an incident, you are concentrating on the job you are tasked to perform. You may not be aware of everything thats going on over the radio, because 100% of your attention is not focused on it. Someone sitting at a desk, listening to the incident with the scanner on the other hand, concentrates 100% on each transmission, and most likely can get a good idea of whats going on seeing as major events in the fire timeline will be transmitted over the radio.

Just to throw it out there, and I think it was brought up at some point already, scannerland could be a good place to be while writing an IA. If you are O/S operating at an incident, you are concentrating on the job you are tasked to perform. You may not be aware of everything thats going on over the radio, because 100% of your attention is not focused on it. Someone sitting at a desk, listening to the incident with the scanner on the other hand, concentrates 100% on each transmission, and most likely can get a good idea of whats going on seeing as major events in the fire timeline will be transmitted over the radio.

Good point... While I, and the rest of the staff don't understand what the actual issue is, and would like to ask PEDSTRUK, to please respond so that we can fix this issue..

Also regardless of what PEDSTRUK's issues are with this sites IA's, or the site itself. I would like to say thank you to all the members on here, who are dedicated, and devoted to making our IA section what it is today. It is one of the most viewed thread on our forum. Also our members are so dedicated to it. Even PAID sites copy ours IA just to get the facts straight.. That should tell you all something about EMTbravo, as a site, and a emergency services community.. We are the best, cause we have the best... Thank you to the membership..You make this site what it is.. We as staff are here, just to smooth things along...

helicopper likes this

Not sure what you are actually saying here...There are THOUSANDS of points of view on this site. Every person here has their own opinion on almost everything. While we all sometimes don't agree and have rather "heated" debates we all have a chance to show a different point of view. Could you perhaps clarify the situation for us a bit? What EXACTALLY has you so upset? And what service is taking a back seat? In the last month there alone there have been dozens of EMS/fire related and legal questions in the forum. Maybe try taking a deep breath and pleading your case again.

Maybe PEDSTRUCK thought the IA was about the second MVA in Purchase on 287 that firedude refers to that occured during the same time.

Here is a idea....If PEDSTRUK does not like it, he can simply not look at the site any longer. Simple solution, problem solved.

That doesn't solve the guys issue. I want to know exactly what the problem is, and maybe how it can be rectified.

Purchase Fire Department: Wrong Way Driver Suffers Severe Trauma

Hopefully this gives an accurate account of the accident in question.

JBJ

Additionally:

LoHud: Mother in coma after drunk driving accident with son in car, police say

News 12: Alleged drunken mom crashes with kid in car

Edited by JBJ1202

Here is a idea....If PEDSTRUK does not like it, he can simply not look at the site any longer. Simple solution, problem solved.

I couldn't have said it better myself brother !

Personally after reading the post by PEDSTRUK and then the IA (http://www.emtbravo....howtopic=37961) assuming I have the correct one I am concerned. The IA contains basically no information other than time, location, unit roster and a 1 line job description, nothing to get wrong or misstate aside from overlooking a unit or 2 . PEDSTRUK if you were on the scene of this job, based on your post you appear to not be dealing with the call and internalizing it. If in fact this is the case please reach out and speak to some CISD personnel. Indirect anger is a clear sign of post traumatic stress. It is common on calls involving children as innocent victims.

Edited by PEMO3

That's too easy of an option. I wanna know what has his gloves in a twist, and what he thinks we, as members, can do to fix it. Instead of just telling him to pack sand and leave the site.

One of two things has happened here.

1: This guy realizes that he went off like a loose canon and now doesn't want to re- engage the conversation because he's embarrassed

Or

2: He's a total clown that has everyone else wasting their time reading his lunatic post.

Either way I'd ignore him until he unwads his panties and explains himself in detail.

eric12401 likes this

One of two things has happened here.

1: This guy realizes that he went off like a loose canon and now doesn't want to re- engage the conversation because he's embarrassed

Or

2: He's a total clown that has everyone else wasting their time reading his lunatic post.

Either way I'd ignore him until he unwads his panties and explains himself in detail.

Couldn't have said it better myself!