Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
PCFD ENG58

Port Chester New York Fire Dept Engine 58

54 posts in this topic

thats a really sweet looking Engine. I love red wheels. i hate when they are polished.

Looks like a well thought out rig. Good luck!!

really nice looking rig,plain and simple anyone know when its going to be in port chester???

That's one awesome rig! The PCFD paid guys could really use it. I like the motto, the "Midnight Special". By the way, just out of curiosity, what's the outlet for in the middle of the front bumper. A main or additional trash line outlet, or something else? Good luck with it guys!

really nice looking rig,plain and simple anyone know when its going to be in port chester???

Early to mid Sept, thanks for all your comments.

Ang can you post some specs. ie. tank, motor, wb, foam, price, etc.

Thanks

Edited by turk182

Nice looking rig. Looks realy functional and the use of space was well planned. When do I get my ride along?? :rolleyes:

Wow ! Best of Luck ! Nice !

i guess john rockey staying around for a while. good luck

Edited by firstdueorback2bed

The original " Midnight Special " 1964 Mack C-95 the busiest engine in Westchester county in the early 70's replacing a well worn 1944 Mack L95

post-289-069545000 1281653646.jpg

Ang can you post some specs. ie. tank, motor, wb, foam, price, etc.

Thanks

2010 Pierce Arrow XT Puc 1500 G.P.M.750 water /30foam Husky 12[Class A]in tank Cummins ISL 425 H.P. 176 Wheel base can pump foam out of front bumper discharge rear,crosslays, and deck gun. Can pump class A or Class B and with a supply line can put out about 26,500 gallons of class A foam mix with what is on board.

Edited by PCFD ENG58

2010 Pierce Arrow XT Puc 1500 G.P.M.750 water /30foam Husky 12[Class A]in tank Cummins ISL 425 H.P. 176 Wheel base can pump foam out of front bumper discharge rear,crosslays, and deck gun. Can pump class A and Class B at the same time and with a supply line can put out about 7,500 gallons of foam mix with what is on board.

Nice rig, thanks for sharing, may it serve the PCFD for many years.

It's pretty cool to be able to follow along with the building process on the Firematic website, we commended them yesterday at our visit to their CT. site about being able to watch the process and progress.

http://firematic.com/cgi-bin/truckprogress.cgi?dept=portchester23292

thats a really sweet looking Engine. I love red wheels. i hate when they are polished.

I agree, to a certain extent. Painted steel wheels do look quite sharp on a number of rigs (this one included), but I do prefer the look of Alcoa polished aluminum.

Don't know which I DON'T like more.....when people get steel rims and then put those bogus stainless steel "simulator" covers over them, or when they get real Alcoas and don't keep 'em shiny! That just puzzles me to no end. A case of aluminum polish and some free time.....I could retire soon!

Sorry for the thread hijack. Ang, the new rig looks great. Hope to be able to check it out in person some day!

The new PCFD ENG58 is in the House! Facebook may have crashed, Blackberry's overloaded, Nextell's went dead!

post-289-036320800 1285187593.jpg

Edited by PCFD ENG58

What Make Of lightbar is that? and what Colors?

88" Whelen Model Freedom LED red/clear

Awesome rig and awesome shots!!! Nice views of the Byram River and the Port Chester Waterfront too!

When will it be in service, and when will the Wetdown be?

Edited by sfrd18

Beautiful Rig! Great job to those who help design and building it. I hope it serves Port Chester for many years to come. Are you guys going to host a wetdown?

Edited by firedude

The last open cab truck is soon gone. Its been long overdue.

Some of the larger building's in the downtown responce area.

My God Ang,the waterfront has changed since I was there last! Is that Costco where the old Daily Item and Arnolds building was? (Curious to see how many know that)

Nice ride for sure, but it sure as hell isn't a Mack or an Oren; but then again nothing ever will be again. Are you guys going to put any lettering/logos over the compartments? I think it looks a little plain up there.

I also just did the math, and realized that the Grumman has served the longest of any of the paid engines! Never would have figured that 23 years ago. I thought that rig was a mistake when it was bought; guess I was wrong.

I really hope to be back there again over Thanksgiving. I finally have a job where I can take off around holidays, and want to take my kids to the Macys parade.

Nice day downtown. old style light tower?

Um are those condos on the Byram side??? If I'm right that would be the old Hoffman Fuel site on S Water?