Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
x635

State Police Color Scheme Rumor

49 posts in this topic

CT state PD uses Expeditions too. All of their cars have no lettering or decals either...Real sneaky.

Some of the cars do White with State Police decals on them, But you are correct usually One color and only say state police on the middle of the light bar.

Several departments operate black and white in North Carolina. My department Sanford is one of them. JSESU was right they look sharp when clean but a pain to keep that way. The all black front end is intimidating.

I also like the current colors that they have got going they look very proffesional.

The Town of Poughkeepsie used to have these dark blue Ford Tauruses back in the early 90's. They were the sweetest looking cop cars I have ever seen.

Reminded me of the Robocop (OPP) cars

Just checked, this is still up in the air. The dark blue cars are still being ordered.

Rumor has it that the Town Of New Castle is going to Black and whites

why would they change the colors what is wrong with the ones that they have now

you mean the galls special?

SP is very close to making a decision on the new color scheme and Black and White does appear to be the choice for our new Troop Cars, but none have yet been turned out with that new look. They are still coming down Blue and Gold. The problem with the Blue we use, (just like everything comes down to $$$), is it's very expensive to produce that shade.

The B&W cars are nothing more than a cost cutting technique.

I'll believe it when I see it. The barracks right down the road from me has just gotten new cars not even a year ago. It's just like the rumor of state police going to l.e.d lighting on all the cars, and that came from the newspaper

"It's just like the rumor of state police going to l.e.d lighting on all the cars"

That part is half true. All of our new Slick roof cars are L.E.D. In the Westchester Area, you can see one of the new one's at SP Somers (3K32). It is assigned to Interstate 684 for Patrol. They do look pretty sharp.

The State recently committed to purchasing 500 new vehicles on State Bid. The order was for 250 Crown Victorias and 250 Tahoes (now that the Tahoe is offered with the Police Package again.)

It's New York State Police, not California Highway Patrol. The cars should be blue-and-gold, the cost shouldn't be that big of an issue and is minimal IMO with all the money this state wastes.

The cars look good, unique, and identifiable now, why change it.

it may be half true but they keep ordering cars up my way and they all keep coming with the vista lightbars

Why do you think NYPD went to white RMP's after all those years of blue & white. $$$$$.

Think of how much money they saved, considering the size of there fleet.

They also got tired of John Q. Public, who is normally slow on the uptake, mistaking an NYPD radio car for a con edison vehicle.

NYSP were black & white until roughly 1973, they then changed to the" Sunoco Specials" (blue & yellow) until 1985 when they went to current blue & gold

I asked around about it a bit more, I spoke with the mechanics, and some of the R&D boys at HQ. They said it's NOT going to happen, because Bennett ( Our superintendant) is old school, and not the kind of person that wants to be known for changing the color scheme. After he steps down, or retires, it's a possibility, but for now, it's not going to happen.

Also, all of the new cars with roof mounted lightbars are getting the Federal Signal Vista Light bars. All slick top cars have Whelen Talon LED Deck and Dash lights. 2 Talons in the back, 1 in the front on the passenger side. They also have LED grille and mirror lights. The Arrowstick in the rear is also LED equipped.